DXF import?

Post by Seattle Eri » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 09:04:22

    I've got a CD w/a bunch of DXF models on it that LWM won't import.
When I try, I get zilch.

    Tested 'em w/some demo s/w, they work.

    So, what's the scoop?  Why would LWM fail on seemingly valid DXF
files?

Thanks.

**  Look!  There's ARAT in the middle of "separate"!

DXF import?

Post by Michael Stricklan » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 00:14:31

Quote:>     I've got a CD w/a bunch of DXF models on it that LWM won't import.
> When I try, I get zilch.

>     Tested 'em w/some demo s/w, they work.

>     So, what's the scoop?  Why would LWM fail on seemingly valid DXF
> files?

> Thanks.

> --
> **  Look!  There's ARAT in the middle of "separate"!

Last time I tried to import DXF into Modeler (around LW 7.0, if I recall
correctly), it required DXF version 12 or 13. Once the people supplying
the DXF's got to the correct version of DXF, everything went pretty
smoothly. That's about all I know about it.

DXF import?

Post by JC » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 14:00:34

Yeah, LW's importer for DXF is pretty crude. I use Deep Exploration to convert my dxf's to lwo. It does a really great job and usually retains layers as well as material settings.

JC

DXF import?

Post by Seattle Eri » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 09:14:41

    Thanks for the info.  Right now it's not for a paying gig, just
marshalling/indexing my resources, so I'm looking for a freebie
solution.

    Thanks again.