LW plug-in writer,

Post by SteppenWolf'sCompan » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 04:59:53

now i'm seriously considering being plug-in programmer. (of course it's not
what may become who want)
so,, i wanna hear any opinion about this, like,, 'you must be sucked' or
something.
many senior's words will be welcomed.

LW plug-in writer,

Post by Brizo » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 06:25:01

Quote:> now i'm seriously considering being plug-in programmer. (of course it's
not
> what may become who want)
> so,, i wanna hear any opinion about this, like,, 'you must be sucked' or
> something.
> many senior's words will be welcomed.

Lot of learning involved, lot of studying, practicing, being screwed by
warez kiddies, you wont become super rich, and you'll probably not make much
money from it, you'll sometimes wonder why bother, you'll constantly be
pestered for feature requests.. only 10% of which will be any good. On the
bright side, if you do some decent plugins, you'll be highly respected by a
great many users, you may get contacted by Newtek to include it in a
patch/upgrade of LW, you'll learn a lot, you'll make a lot of useful
contacts (depending on how useful the plugin is) you might make enough money
to cover the bills or pay for some new toys, you'll get the pleasure of
knowing your making other users lives easier, you'll be able to join in on
programming threads and know what your talking about.

I say go for it, you've nothing to lose and who knows, you might become the
next Worley, Eki or Dynamic Realties :)

1. LW 3D on Merlin/Noah's Ark writer website

There are LW created images and environments on the website
www.peterbarnes.com
Peter Barnes wrote NBC's Merlin, Noah's Ark and Alice in Wonderland which
all got a record 70 million viewers.  He's got a new play Dreaming coming
on in London--a HOT TICKET according to the London press.  (Richard III is
the bizarre comic villian--really gothic).

The site's designer (me) advised on the Noah effects (advised them not to
use that company) the LW images are dotted through the site.

I will put up a cool skull logo in a few days and more images and more
jokes so please check it out.#
Thanks
Chris

2. problem with openinventor draggers

3. LW Art on MERLIN writer site

4. EnumEnhMetaFile Help Needed! (Please Please Please)

5. Looking for a plug-in writer

6. Help with Text

7. Best way to build my own texture library?

8. Movie Reader/Writer plug-in

9. Looking for a plug-in writer

10. HTML Writer/Script Writers, Graphic Artists, Perl Programmers, and Sales Opportunities Available

11. LW 5.6 Plugin error

12. plug in for .lw files