steamer plugin

Post by xeo » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 05:21:45

Hi,

I noticed that steamer is missing in lw7. Does this means newtek is
abandoning steamer, and replacing it with, say, hypervoxels? Anyone
knows wether steamer is developed by newtek or other 3rd parties? Any
URL to the official steamer plugin (developer's) site?

TIA

steamer plugin

Post by Eki Halkk » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 05:50:18

> Hi,

> I noticed that steamer is missing in lw7. Does this means newtek is
> abandoning steamer, and replacing it with, say, hypervoxels?

Yes.

CU
--
- Eki

http://www.akmp-program.fi
http://www.kolumbus.fi/erkki.halkka/

*************************************
******** warp9.to/soapwish **********
*************************************

steamer plugin

Post by Dave Adam » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 06:13:43

Quote:> Hi,

> I noticed that steamer is missing in lw7. Does this means newtek is
> abandoning steamer, and replacing it with, say, hypervoxels? Anyone
> knows wether steamer is developed by newtek or other 3rd parties? Any
> URL to the official steamer plugin (developer's) site?

> TIA

Yeah Hypervoxels and Volumetric lights replace Steamer.
You could still load the scene with steamer, but you can't
access the interface.

steamer plugin

Post by Nick Hatzichristo » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 09:33:40

> > Hi,

> > I noticed that steamer is missing in lw7. Does this means newtek is
> > abandoning steamer, and replacing it with, say, hypervoxels? Anyone
> > knows wether steamer is developed by newtek or other 3rd parties? Any
> > URL to the official steamer plugin (developer's) site?

> > TIA

> Yeah Hypervoxels and Volumetric lights replace Steamer.
> You could still load the scene with steamer, but you can't
> access the interface.

And you don't need to, if you ask me. Integrated volumetric lights are way
better than any Steamer light ever was; and HV sprites have all the
functionality of the old Steamer particles, and then some. Actually, not
just "some". HV sprites are just like Steamer particles, only waaaaaaaay
better in every aspect.

nick

--

Nick Hatzichristos
VFX Animator

http://users.otenet.gr/~nixx

steamer plugin

Post by Dave Adam » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 10:08:17

Quote:> > Yeah Hypervoxels and Volumetric lights replace Steamer.
> > You could still load the scene with steamer, but you can't
> > access the interface.

> And you don't need to, if you ask me. Integrated volumetric lights are way
> better than any Steamer light ever was; and HV sprites have all the
> functionality of the old Steamer particles, and then some. Actually, not
> just "some". HV sprites are just like Steamer particles, only waaaaaaaay
> better in every aspect.

> nick

Sure, but once in awhile (not so much now as when I switched
to 6) you have some scene already set up and perfect and you
want to go ahead and render it without redoing it.

steamer plugin

Post by Nick Hatzichristo » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 10:29:42

Quote:> > And you don't need to, if you ask me. Integrated volumetric lights are
way
> > better than any Steamer light ever was; and HV sprites have all the
> > functionality of the old Steamer particles, and then some. Actually, not
> > just "some". HV sprites are just like Steamer particles, only waaaaaaaay
> > better in every aspect.

> > nick

> Sure, but once in awhile (not so much now as when I switched
> to 6) you have some scene already set up and perfect and you
> want to go ahead and render it without redoing it.

Absolutely. In fact I 've had to redo pre-L6 scenes due to the lack of
Steamer, but it was a price I gladly "paid" - HVs have come a long way.

nick

--

Nick Hatzichristos
VFX Animator

http://users.otenet.gr/~nixx

steamer plugin

Post by Fernando Martin » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 06:58:05

Well, I think it was much easier to make ground fog with steamer than with
any volumetric light you can use now (and I will not even mention the
GroundFog plug, wich doesn't come close, not in terms of features but in
terms of speed).

I agree with the HV coments.

Fernando Martins
  ___                  www.isisds.com
 /__  /|/|    3D Animation and Special Effects

> > > Yeah Hypervoxels and Volumetric lights replace Steamer.
> > > You could still load the scene with steamer, but you can't
> > > access the interface.

> > And you don't need to, if you ask me. Integrated volumetric lights are
way
> > better than any Steamer light ever was; and HV sprites have all the
> > functionality of the old Steamer particles, and then some. Actually, not
> > just "some". HV sprites are just like Steamer particles, only waaaaaaaay
> > better in every aspect.

> > nick

> Sure, but once in awhile (not so much now as when I switched
> to 6) you have some scene already set up and perfect and you
> want to go ahead and render it without redoing it.

1. steamer plugin

Hi!
I've got a small problem here with my Lightwave 5.0
One of the most important plugin doesn't seem to work.
When I've installed it and try to activate it, it says: activation
falied: -2 error
Does anyone know how to fix this or maybe be so kind to send the plugin to
me. After all, it is free but i can't find it on the web.
Thank you
/Andreas

2. B-Splines

3. Warning in steamer plugin

4. Rescuing a texture

5. STeamer plugin

6. Plugin or not plugin ?

7. Inverse Plugin - updated - freebie plugin

8. Plugin - Freebie plugin from Sapphire Innovations

9. plugin commander or plugin manager?

10. i want trade plugin for 3dsmax2 - plugin for 3dsmax2.txt (0/1)

11. i want trade plugin for 3dsmax2 - plugin for 3dsmax2.txt (1/1)