Is Lightwave 6 a flop?

Post by Matt Wilck » Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Anyone know if Lightwave 6 is selling well?  With all the changes I wonder
if lightwave 5.6 artists will look elsewhere for their next 3d program.  I
plan to upgrade soon, I just hope I wont be learning a program that studios
may turn away from.

Is Lightwave 6 a flop?

Post by MG » Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:00:00

It isn't a flop but LW 6 had many bugs (etc.) that made some existing LW
(5.x) users pretty mad.
NewTek launched a major patch called LightWave 3D 6b (second edition), it
will fix many things.

Greetings,

MG
http://www.marcogb.cistron.nl

Is Lightwave 6 a flop?

Post by Khanoval » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

i pull my hair out occasionally but i like [6]

glad i upgraded.

but i keep 5.6 on just in case

1. how many flops per vertex

Does anybody know how many flops are needed to draw, say
1000 triangles (in a triangle-strip), fully shaded (not textured)
or even better, where I can find info about this.
(say for a full software implementation, but forgetting about
the final stage of the pipeline: the filling of the triangles,
I just want to have an estimate of what is needed for the
geometry and lighting processing)

??

-frans

    "Hi, my name is Frans, I'm your crazy scientist for today."

                              http://rugmd4.chem.rug.nl/~hoesel

2. Ensuring like palettes

3. background/foreground flip flop

4. Drawing arcs

5. Floppy Flop!

6. Looking for free JPEG - DB component

7. how many flops per vertex

8. James and the Giant Flop?

9. I am looking for a Lightwave demo

10. I am completely new to lightwave...

11. Hi, I am doing a paper on 3D-boards, and I am looking for definitions

12. Lightwave 5.6 Lightwave 5.6 Lightwave 5.6 Lightwave 5.6