How to make lasers

Post by [FUN]Akhorah » Mon, 09 Feb 1998 04:00:00

hey,
thank you if you helped me make a realistic space background.
now i need to make a realistic looking laser beam.
i've tinkered and tinkered but nothing looks right.
please help a moron.

Joel Reese

How to make lasers

Post by Anthony Stephe » Tue, 10 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>hey,
>thank you if you helped me make a realistic space background.
>now i need to make a realistic looking laser beam.
>i've tinkered and tinkered but nothing looks right.
>please help a moron.

The best I've done so far is by creating an object that is a line of points
and applying Steamer (I had to tweak the settings quite a bit, though). It
looks pretty good at a distance, but you get the individual balls showing as
it gets closer. Also, it seems to fade as it moves.

I'm still playing with it -I've only had the program for two days so far...
I'll be looking forward to seeing other's suggestions, too.

How to make lasers

Post by Adamch » Tue, 10 Feb 1998 04:00:00

i like uing a two point polygon with glow onit..and using fracals in the
luminosity and diffuse to break the beam up a little..

Adam Chrystie

How to make lasers

Post by dharm » Fri, 13 Feb 1998 04:00:00

What's the matter with the ShipLazA or Ship LazB.lwo in the Space folder?
I've learned more by studying the supplied scenes and objects than from
anything Amazon.com or Barnes&Noble.

Quote:>hey,