Render Artifacts With Particles and fog.

Render Artifacts With Particles and fog.

Post by Magic Camera » Wed, 29 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi everyone, I was woundering if anyone knows of a work around
for rendering particles in fog. I am having problems with an under
water scene where white particle matter in the water is being
corrupted resulting in a number of bright green and red particles.

Thanks -GaRy- MCC Digital 3D.

Render Artifacts With Particles and fog.

Post by Mark Wilso » Thu, 30 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi everyone, I was woundering if anyone knows of a work around
> for rendering particles in fog. I am having problems with an under
> water scene where white particle matter in the water is being
> corrupted resulting in a number of bright green and red particles.

> Thanks -GaRy- MCC Digital 3D.

  Can you explain this in more detail. I'm not sure what you mean. Do
you want the particles to be fogged or don't you? If you don't select
unaffected by fog in the object panel. If you want the particles to be
affected by fog but they are multi colours when fogged then things are a
little different. If this is the case, try and make your particles one
size larger in the objects panel, particle/line size.

However I if this doesn't work mail me some more info ie the background
RGB values and what effects you are using.

Mark 'Fly' Wilson

1. fog artifacts

when enabling fog from a spotlight it creates black artifacts on a
surface with transparency in both raycaster and raytracer; the artifacts
dissapear only in the raytracer with no fog. the manual recommends
creating a shader glow object of the same shape as the light with hide
glow source on....is this the only solution..? using Animator 8.1 info
apprec

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Free image libraries

3. creating fog with particle cloud

4. Saving for Web - IE & Color Profile?

5. particles don't disappear in fog

6. Insert system date

7. Fog + Particles

8. How to draw a primitive 'spanning' to objects ?

9. Radiosity rendering artifacts

10. Artifacts in rendering [Attached image]

11. Rendering artifacts with Zygote wavefront format objects...

12. Rendering Artifacts - Why?

13. rendering artifacts - 2.0NT