FULL MOTION VIDEO AS OBJECT SURFACE???

Post by Marximu » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 20:04:23

Alrightly folks!

I'll be damned if I can find a tutorial that allows me to accomplish this
task!
To begin with I thought it would be reminiscent of using the import sequence
command like one would for the background environment..but alas I am having
no luck...

there must be someway to do it..

example..... a single polly with a surface called face - i want to have a
piece of video (AVI, QT, Mpeg - whatever) play on that surface...

any takers

thanks in advance!

Post by Brizo » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 20:13:06

| Alrightly folks!
|
| I'll be damned if I can find a tutorial that allows me to accomplish
| this task!
| To begin with I thought it would be reminiscent of using the import
| sequence command like one would for the background environment..but
| alas I am having no luck...
|
| there must be someway to do it..
|
| example..... a single polly with a surface called face - i want to
| have a piece of video (AVI, QT, Mpeg - whatever) play on that
| surface...
|
| any takers
|
| thanks in advance!

RTM!

FULL MOTION VIDEO AS OBJECT SURFACE???

Post by Marximu » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 20:13:48

Fantastic Advice....I Shall Do That At Once!! - I can see my problem now....
(Silly Me..I was looking in the wrong folder for my AVI's - thats why they
were not showng in load texture!!)

Post by 123 » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 17:24:12

>Alrightly folks!

>I'll be damned if I can find a tutorial that allows me to accomplish this
>task!
>To begin with I thought it would be reminiscent of using the import sequence
>command like one would for the background environment..but alas I am having
>no luck...

>there must be someway to do it..

>example..... a single polly with a surface called face - i want to have a
>piece of video (AVI, QT, Mpeg - whatever) play on that surface...

>any takers

>thanks in advance!

Here's a quick tut:
- Load Layout and select "Image editor". Load your AVI thre.
- Load your object with a surface named "face". Select the object and
press "Surface editor".
- Select the "face" and in color press the "T" button. You should them be able to
select the image sequence or AVI as your surface material.

Sorry I can't be more specific - my system is tied to a 9 hour render.
--------------------------
To reply to me via email replace letter "B" from email address:

1. FS:Full Motion Video Graphics Workstation

Full Motion Digital Video Workstation

Power Mac 8100
     601 chip running at 100mhz
72 MB Ram (wow!)
256K L2 Cache
1.2 GB IBM Hard Drive
2x CD Rom Drive
1MB HPV VRAM Card (Supports thousand of colors up to 20")
Second support for a second monitor (Supports thousands on a
17" monitor)
Ethernet ready
4  NuBus expansions slots

Not only do you ge the CPU, you get the Video Vision Studio 2.5.1

Broadcastable  quality video out in NTSC & Pal timings
Breakout Bar provides 15 different input/output options
     There are L & R audio in & out, video in & out, S-video in & out,
     audio mix-in L & R.
30 frames per second/ 60 fields per second
Compression ratios from 4:1 to 50:1

Not only do you get the hardware, you get the software for 3D
graphics and multimedia.  There's too many to list but here are some of
them:
Form-Z 2.9
StrataStudio Pro 2.0
Canvas 5.0
Adobe Photoshop 4.0
Adobe PageMaker 6.5
Adobe Premiere 4.0
Command & Conquer

Not only is the software and hardware good, you get the best system release
ever, Mac OS 8!

I'm selling it for a sacrificing $2500.  All this bought used still costs
around $2900, a low figure estimate.  If you are serious, email me at

I'm willing to sell just the Video Vision Studio for $700.
You pay the shipping also.  The CPU does not come with a keyboard 'cause I
like mine and I want to keep it.

2. TeamB ?

3. Full Motion Video Screensaver for Macs

4. texture map / p heckbert

5. Full Motion Video on Indy

6. !!**New Shareware Animation Program**!!

7. full motion VGA video

8. What is Full Motion Video?

9. FULL MOTION VIDEO SOURCE??

10. Full Motion Video Screensaver for Macs

11. FULL MOTION VIDEO SOURCE??

12. Puppet Master, Con-Motion, Surface Effectors, LightWave Lab Video