Lightwave bones...

Post by Adren » Thu, 02 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Take a look at "Throw Me A Bone", the Lightwave Bones Kit and Manual

http://www.adrenaline-cg.com

If you are still baffled by how to get the most out of bones and characters,
then you should see this.

Mike DeSantis
AdrenalineCG
co-author Inside Lightwave 3D
http://www.adrenaline-cg.com

Lightwave bones...

Post by Alan D. Cabrer » Thu, 02 Apr 1998 04:00:00

The only thing that baffles me is the number of times a week you post this
advertisment.

Alan

> Take a look at "Throw Me A Bone", the Lightwave Bones Kit and Manual

> http://www.adrenaline-cg.com

> If you are still baffled by how to get the most out of bones and characters,
> then you should see this.

> Mike DeSantis
> AdrenalineCG
> co-author Inside Lightwave 3D
> http://www.adrenaline-cg.com

Lightwave bones...

Post by Alan D. Cabrer » Thu, 02 Apr 1998 04:00:00

The only thing that baffles me is the number of times a week you post this
advertisment.

Alan

> Take a look at "Throw Me A Bone", the Lightwave Bones Kit and Manual

> http://www.adrenaline-cg.com

> If you are still baffled by how to get the most out of bones and characters,
> then you should see this.

> Mike DeSantis
> AdrenalineCG
> co-author Inside Lightwave 3D
> http://www.adrenaline-cg.com

Lightwave bones...

Post by Sam J. Bowlin » Fri, 03 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Thank you! I was wondering if I was the only one who thought that these
posts are getting near the spam level. Besides I thought the modeling of
the models was pretty awful and the motion wasn't anything to write home
about.

And please people (you know who you are) don't bother with the e-mails
again. It's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

--
Sam J. Bowling
----------------

Lightwave bones...

Post by Chip Lowel » Fri, 03 Apr 1998 04:00:00

How many times do you see someone requesting a repost because the original message
had expired?  Dan Ablan's books are mentioned constantly as helpful -- what's wrong
with keeping new items fresh on the NG?  At least it is helpful (as opposed to all
the pirate/anti-pirate messages I have to sift through).

-Chip Lowell
(Remove "NO" from the end of my address for replies...)

> Thank you! I was wondering if I was the only one who thought that these
> posts are getting near the spam level. Besides I thought the modeling of
> the models was pretty awful and the motion wasn't anything to write home
> about.

> And please people (you know who you are) don't bother with the e-mails
> again. It's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

> > The only thing that baffles me is the number of times a week you post this
> > advertisment.

> > Alan

> > > Take a look at "Throw Me A Bone", the Lightwave Bones Kit and Manual

> > > http://www.adrenaline-cg.com

> > > If you are still baffled by how to get the most out of bones and characters,
> > > then you should see this.

> --
> Sam J. Bowling
> ----------------
> http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/5565/

Lightwave bones...

Post by Steven Hoefe » Fri, 03 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Yeah, but you never see Dan pushing his own book in the NG...

This is obviously advertising, no one is asking for that information...

Yeah, I think it's a little out of place, but I don't know if its more out
of place than all of the panic about LW costing $4.3 Bil. and LW vs 3dSMax
and Arg! Pirate! and Inspire is Silly and all the other hysterics going on
in here...

steve
steven(at)balo(dot)com

Post by JavaHead Jone » Fri, 03 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> Yeah, but you never see Dan pushing his own book in the NG...

> This is obviously advertising, no one is asking for that information...

> Yeah, I think it's a little out of place, but I don't know if its more out
> of place than all of the panic about LW costing $4.3 Bil. and LW vs 3dSMax
> and Arg! Pirate! and Inspire is Silly and all the other hysterics going on
> in here...

> steve
> steven(at)balo(dot)com

        Prem used to do the same thing for surface effectors and I'm happy he
did. These people do not necessarily have the luxury of a publishing
house behind them to promote them. Can't wait for Prem to bug us again
w. relativity news!
        I do believe this is more on topic than a lot of other rants. And
besides that I have a delete button...

        Hajo

Lightwave bones...

Post by Adren » Sat, 04 Apr 1998 04:00:00

The only thing that baffles me are armchair character animators who have
nothing better to do than put down other artists. Go away please.

Mike Desantis

Lightwave bones...

Post by Adren » Sat, 04 Apr 1998 04:00:00

To Alan D. Cabrera and Sam Bowling,

What you armchair character animators are doing is not cool...especially toward
someone who is trying to teach the Lightwavers who wish to learn something new.
You are definitley in the minority....a lot of people are thanking me(even a
few well known Lightwavers) for teaching them something they had trouble
learning. We all want to say "shame on you."  What have you done lately besides
getted bugged easily by newgroup posts?
Mike DeSantis

Lightwave bones...

Post by Adren » Sat, 04 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Excuse my mispell...just in case the spelling police are watching.

Mike DeSantis

Lightwave bones...

Post by News » Sat, 04 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>> Yeah, but you never see Dan pushing his own book in the NG...

            Not usually, no. Can't shove it down someone's throat.
            But, by the same token, I have a huge publisher
            behind me who markets the books all over the world.
            Other "self published" books, don't. Advertising in
            any of the magazines can wipe you out. This NG is
            one of the best ways to get the message out there.

            I think what's needed though is better headers so that
            a message can be skipped, if wanted.

Quote:> Prem used to do the same thing for surface effectors and I'm happy he
>did. These people do not necessarily have the luxury of a publishing
>house behind them to promote them. Can't wait for Prem to bug us again
>w. relativity news!

        I remember when we couldn't wait for the new
        issue of Video Toaster User to come out (this is back
        in 1990, 1991 when it was bi-monthly). One of
        the main reasons for this was to see what
        new products were available. Now we can see them
        on-line instantly for LightWave.

Quote:> I do believe this is more on topic than a lot of other rants. And
>besides that I have a delete button...

        Exactly. I advertised for our Character animation seminars
        in magazines last year. It cost, well, many thousands.
        I advertised on the mailing list and this newsgroup.
        More than half the attendees in Chicago and LA were
        from the NG and List, not the paid ads.

        Nothing should be abused, but
        related things should be posted.

        Dan

Lightwave bones...

Post by Jeff Hayni » Sat, 04 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Mike,

Just chill a little bit.  I for one have no problem with your adverts and as
soon as I can I will be purchasing your book.  However I also am an armchair
animator but I'm trying to learn and develop to the point where I can use my
talents.

Criticism is sometimes a tough thing to handle, especially when it is done
insensitively.  I cannot speak for anyone but myself, but I try to take all
the suggestions/criticism on my work and weigh it's merit.  I can agree or
disagree.

One thing to remember though is that when you attempt to better yourself or
create something you will always have nayesayers and dissenting opinions.

Try not to let them drag you down.

Jeff Haynie
http://www.negia.net/~jshaynie

> The only thing that baffles me are armchair character animators who have
> nothing better to do than put down other artists. Go away please.

> Mike Desantis

Lightwave bones...

Post by Adren » Sat, 04 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Actually, I realize that endeavors of this type will draw reactions such as
Sam's. I myself, would never put down someone else's work in public like that,
I'm not built that way (its OK though, most people tell me they love my
work).....I've noticed Sam Bowling's posts for a while and most of them are
quite arrogant in tone and critical of things he doesn't do himself. He put
down Atomic Skull's work, and that happens to be some of the best modeling
around(cartoonish or not).

 We are all supposed to be friends here...all using the same software. It's so
easy to be a jack-off when you're sitting at your computer, under the
internet's cover. The only thing he is doing by putting down my product is
possibly steering away someone who might have benefitted very much from the
info I'm presenting. I still love you Sam...if I need any help with shiny
watches and teapots, I'll let you know.

Mike DeSantis

Lightwave bones...

Post by Ken F. Morto » Sat, 04 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> To Alan D. Cabrera and Sam Bowling,

> What you armchair character animators are doing is not cool...especially toward
> someone who is trying to teach the Lightwavers who wish to learn something new.
> You are definitley in the minority....a lot of people are thanking me(even a
> few well known Lightwavers) for teaching them something they had trouble
> learning. We all want to say "shame on you."  What have you done lately besides
> getted bugged easily by newgroup posts?
> Mike DeSantis

Oh, stop the whining.  Take some criticism and learn from it, don't try
to play the 'us vs. you' game on two ppl who happened to have an
opinion.  Your boning information may be great, but your models and
animations are sort of lacking.

Lightwave bones...

Post by Jim Moravansk » Sat, 04 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Can't we all just get along? If you buy a product and it works for you,
great. If you don't like it, re-sell it. Everyone has an opinion and it
should be received as such. No hard feelings, no smart retorts. If you
don't like a comment someone made, erase it. By responding (flaming) to
every comment everyone makes degrades this newsgroup and puts you in the
category of an audience member of Jenny Jones and/or Jerry Springer. Be
an *, if the criticism is constructive and well meant, use it. If
not, write it off and move on.

Please do not respond to this post.

        JM
        Project 7

1. Lightwave Bone weights demo

Hi all,
in the Lightwave Content\Scenes\_Features\BoneWeights
dir is an example of an arm with bones and weight maps.

now i've noticed that the weight maps for both upper and lower arms, at the
ends away from the elbow joint are 500 or so then slide down to 100 and get
lower over the joint. Im assuming these maps were done with the airbrush?

i'll finally get to the point :) i was wondering if someone could hazard a
guess at the airbrush settings and the painting technique (as in at which
point did they start spraying and how then proceded to paint the rest of the
map) used to make these maps.

any thing would be greatly appreciated

Nathaniel

2. touching and feeling 3D computer graphics

3. poser to lightwave(boning question)

4. how to draw japanese text

5. Lightwave Bone Help!!!

6. Chris Cox exposed!

7. Exporting LightWave bone behavior.

8. VHS Covers

9. Book about Lightwave Bones

10. ****Lightwave Bones Book***

11. LiGHTWAVE BONES BOOKLET...

12. Booklet dedicated to Lightwave bones...

13. i must read lightwave bones and i can't do it :)