Rest on Ground laid to rest?

Post by Phro » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 12:58:22

After installing 7.5c,  redoing the config files, readding all plugins,
restarting programs and Windows and standing on my head while whistling
"Dixie"  I just can't get the Rest_on_Ground plugin to work anymore.  Anyone
else have the same problem?
--
Phrog

Rest on Ground laid to rest?

Post by Peter Karlsso » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 16:21:45

Theyve changed the name for that tool for some reason. Go into the menu
editor and re-add the rest on ground plug. You'll see two of em, so choose
the one that are spelled different.

/Regards Peter K

Quote:> After installing 7.5c,  redoing the config files, readding all plugins,
> restarting programs and Windows and standing on my head while whistling
> "Dixie"  I just can't get the Rest_on_Ground plugin to work anymore.
Anyone
> else have the same problem?
> --
> Phrog

Rest on Ground laid to rest?

Post by CWCunningha » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 02:49:16

The old plugin (actually 6 hours newer) has the tool name Rest_On_Ground.
The new one has the name Rest-On-Ground ( _ vs. - ). If you remove both of
them, and then add "ground.p" back, the button will disappear from the
interface, so you'll have to re-add it by hand. This should fix it.

Tell me if it seems to behave differently to you. I seem to remember the old
one just quietly moving the selected geometry so that the lowest points
rested on y=0, but the new one presents an interface that allows you to
select the other two planes as the ground (if you wish) and perform
centering if you like ... more powerful I suppose, but it kind of slows you
down when you just want your model grounded.

--
CWC
=========================

Quote:> After installing 7.5c,  redoing the config files, readding all plugins,
> restarting programs and Windows and standing on my head while whistling
> "Dixie"  I just can't get the Rest_on_Ground plugin to work anymore.
Anyone
> else have the same problem?
> --
> Phrog

Rest on Ground laid to rest?

Post by Phro » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 03:23:04

Thanks guys that did it!  Now just why are there 2 versions??? It's stuff
like this that I hope gets all cleared up in 8.
I always remember the interface having the option to pick the other axises.
It is another step granted but the flexibility to  rest on any of the
axises, centered or not, is great and saves trying to do it by eye.

Again, thanks for the help.
--
Phrog