Problems with Scene from LW scene (crash)

Problems with Scene from LW scene (crash)

Post by swissphi » Tue, 29 May 2001 04:44:28

Hello folks

I'm trying to render a screne from the Lightwave disk (Scoutwalk.lws) and it
constantly crashes my system when I hit the F10 key.
I am able to render a sinlge frame without problems.

I use a PIII with Gforce Graphics card and 256MB ram and Lightwave 6.5b under
Win98. There is no other application running in the background (learned that
the hard way with Animation:Master:)

Does anybody has an idea what could be wrong?

Phil

Problems with Scene from LW scene (crash)

Post by MkII » Tue, 29 May 2001 07:12:57

What output are you using? If you are ouputting an avi or other video format
rather than frames, beware that some codecs are a bit troublesome, and trial
& error is needed to find the most suitable.

Ideally, you should always otput frames, then convert them into a movie by
because you can make adjustments to an image from within the image editor,
or as an image process.

Your setup should be ok, especially since you *can* render individual
frames.

--
######## MkIII #########
http://www.mkiii-design.co.uk

Quote:> Hello folks

> I'm trying to render a screne from the Lightwave disk (Scoutwalk.lws) and
it
> constantly crashes my system when I hit the F10 key.
> I am able to render a sinlge frame without problems.

> I use a PIII with Gforce Graphics card and 256MB ram and Lightwave 6.5b
under
> Win98. There is no other application running in the background (learned
that
> the hard way with Animation:Master:)

> Does anybody has an idea what could be wrong?

> Phil

Problems with Scene from LW scene (crash)

Post by swissphi » Wed, 30 May 2001 01:16:51

Thanks for the hint with the codecs.

I tried Quicktime Soerensen compression and it works fine now:) Phew!!!

No nothing will stop me from learning how to do things I did in
Animation:Master:)

Phil

On Mon, 28 May 2001 0:12:57 +0200, MkIII wrote

Quote:> What output are you using? If you are ouputting an avi or other video format
> rather than frames, beware that some codecs are a bit troublesome, and trial
> & error is needed to find the most suitable.

Problems with Scene from LW scene (crash)

Post by MkII » Wed, 30 May 2001 01:21:10

Did you ever get the BBC comedy series - ''The Fast Show'' out there in CH
land?
Sorry to ask, but I just had a sudden flash of Swiss Toni (one of the
characters)......

...''Making a good animation is like making love to a beautiful woman''...
;-)
...Yeah, I know, British humour, eh!
--
######## MkIII #########
http://www.mkiii-design.co.uk

> Thanks for the hint with the codecs.

> I tried Quicktime Soerensen compression and it works fine now:) Phew!!!

> No nothing will stop me from learning how to do things I did in
> Animation:Master:)

> Phil

> On Mon, 28 May 2001 0:12:57 +0200, MkIII wrote

> > What output are you using? If you are ouputting an avi or other video
format
> > rather than frames, beware that some codecs are a bit troublesome, and
trial
> > & error is needed to find the most suitable.

Problems with Scene from LW scene (crash)

Post by CH / BriZo » Wed, 30 May 2001 03:26:25

hehe yup, one of my favorite comedy shows, and the only sketch i could
remember at the time.

--
I swear I look nothing like Swiss Toni, honest;)

> Did you ever get the BBC comedy series - ''The Fast Show'' out there in CH
> land?
> Sorry to ask, but I just had a sudden flash of Swiss Toni (one of the
> characters)......

> ...''Making a good animation is like making love to a beautiful woman''...
> ;-)
> ...Yeah, I know, British humour, eh!
> --
> ######## MkIII #########
> http://www.mkiii-design.co.uk
> ICQ: 40635774
> #####################

> > Thanks for the hint with the codecs.

> > I tried Quicktime Soerensen compression and it works fine now:) Phew!!!

> > No nothing will stop me from learning how to do things I did in
> > Animation:Master:)

> > Phil

> > On Mon, 28 May 2001 0:12:57 +0200, MkIII wrote

> > > What output are you using? If you are ouputting an avi or other video
> format
> > > rather than frames, beware that some codecs are a bit troublesome, and
> trial
> > > & error is needed to find the most suitable.

1. Scene Soldier - LW Scene Management Utility - Info and Screen shots

Hello,

I have just posted some information on a LW3D Scene Management Utility I
have been working on at :

www.island.net/~kva/ss/

Scene Soldier is a low-cost LW3D Scene Management Utility for Win 32
Systems. It allows you to view all of the objects, plugins, Image maps,
Projection maps, Front Image maps, Background Image maps, Motion files,
Particle Storm files, Object Texture maps, etc... then you can
Copy/Move/Delete/Archive the scene to a directory of your choice, with or
without the scenes directory tree intact.

A download-able demo will be available near the end of next week.

Scene Soldier will be released by the end of this year with more features
and options been added to it through-out 1998.

If you have any Comments, Question, or Suggestions please send them to

Regards,

Kevin Trace
Kilo Volt Amp Design
Courtenay, B.C. Canada

2. What is rasterization?

3. 3DS import via a scene, crashes LW

4. align to landscape using quaternions

5. Open Scene then Lw crash

6. uv mapping

7. HELP: Problems with Radiosity and Volumetrics with Inside LW 6 scenes

8. "Computer Artist" Magazine (from CGW?)

9. lw 6.x AA problem - download scene and help

10. Anyone else see this LW scene saving problem?

11. LW Hub - Auto save LW scene

12. LW 6.5 to LW 7.0 scene compatibility.

13. New scene file in the POVLAB - POVRAY scene library : dead.zip