another way of explaining this>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Post by scott yannitel » Fri, 04 Jun 1999 04:00:00

>         If I had made a light gray background in lets say Photoshop and I wanted to
> composite a white CGI ball to blend seamlessly in to the background. With a
> shadow casting from the background. How would I start this?
>         What steps do I need to take?

>  sorry maybe this is a better way of explaining this.

>                                                 Thank you for your help

  I assume that you want to translate lightwave's shadows to an image composite (ie
with photoshop) and save a mask for your shadow casting object. Easy one. Make sure
that your lightwave background object (you will need to use a background OBJECT for
this) has "shadow density" selected from the alpha channel option in it's surface
panel. Then make sure that you are saving alphas with RGB images. The result should be
a rendered ball and an alpha that is a smooth disk and has a linear shadow. Use the
alpha as a mask in photoshop.

scott yannitell

Post by Indy Cra » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

        If I had made a light gray background in lets say Photoshop and I wanted to
composite a white CGI ball to blend seamlessly in to the background. With a
shadow casting from the background. How would I start this?
        What steps do I need to take?

 sorry maybe this is a better way of explaining this.

                                                Thank you for your help

another way of explaining this>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Post by Indy Cra » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Yes, thank you for taking the time to answer this. You have a great day. And
also thank you for help all of us newbies.