help choosing book?

Post by rdj » Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I know this question gets asked WAY too often, but this is the first
time it actually relates to me.
I don't really care about making space ships/scenes (which I know seems
to me a major pre-ocupation of many LW users), but I want to buy a book
that would help me learn to use LW5.5. I hear allot about Dan Ablan's
books, and I've read some of his magazine articles.

I also want to know where the best/cheapest place is to buy LW5+ books
(particularly ones that would come with a CD-ROM).

help choosing book?

Post by Tyler Thornblad » Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:00:00

 I would highly recommend the Ablan books, in fact, he takes the same stance
you do against sci-fi in his books.  (that is to say, he focuses on more
practical examples)

Tyler Thornblade
Eidolon Technologies

>I know this question gets asked WAY too often, but this is the first
>time it actually relates to me.
>I don't really care about making space ships/scenes (which I know seems
>to me a major pre-ocupation of many LW users), but I want to buy a book
>that would help me learn to use LW5.5. I hear allot about Dan Ablan's
>books, and I've read some of his magazine articles.

>I also want to know where the best/cheapest place is to buy LW5+ books
>(particularly ones that would come with a CD-ROM).

1. BRYCE 3D books: Which one to choose?

Hi, I'm just learning how to use Bryce 3D (Win version), and I feel that the
learning curve
with the original manual is very steep. I've seen two books (available at
amazon.com) about
Bryce:

Bryce 3d F/X : Push Your Skills to the Limit to Create Phenomenal Natural
                    Landscapes and 3d Worlds - Sherry London; Paperback

The Bryce 3d Handbooks - Shamms Mortier; Paperback

I'm interested in learning how to use it and squeeze it, and also in good
examples (i.e.
good examples on the CD-ROM) and post-production (post-rendering) techniques
with some programs ala Photoshop.

Any recommendations?

Thanks and best regards

--
/////////  http://alvaro.ericsson.se/~emefedo  \\\\\\\\\\\\

|_ _ ._ ._  _.._  _| _   _| _    _|_ _ | ------------------
| (/_|  | |(_|| |(_|(_) (_|(_)|_| |_(/_| IMHO my HO is MINE

2. Need powerful graphics editor

3. Which book to choose?

4. PPM and flashpix

5. help choosing video cards??

6. a question (surface matching application)

7. Need help choosing editing software

8. bltting with smooth edges?

9. Help me choose a draw program

10. Help choose scanner!

11. Help me choose a graphics tablet!!!

12. Help to choose scientific graphics library