Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as backgrounds

Post by CH / BriZo » Tue, 29 May 2001 16:01:52

Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as
backgrounds? Might probably be a mute point as I'm gonna go have a search
around the usual places after I've got some breakfast, just thought I'd ask
in here too, just incase anyone knows a good place

thanks in advance

--

Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as backgrounds

Post by Tesselato » Tue, 29 May 2001 18:39:02

Besides the usual places:

        http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/image/2minrelief.html

You can get the DEMs for this data too at 100 times the res of your second
click from there.

Quote:> Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as
> backgrounds? Might probably be a mute point as I'm gonna go have a search
> around the usual places after I've got some breakfast, just thought I'd ask
> in here too, just incase anyone knows a good place

> thanks in advance

> --

Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as backgrounds

Post by Eric C » Thu, 31 May 2001 04:19:21

    Just for future reference, that's "moot", not "mute".

> Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as
> backgrounds? Might probably be a mute point as I'm gonna go have a search
> around the usual places after I've got some breakfast, just thought I'd ask
> in here too, just incase anyone knows a good place

> thanks in advance

> --

Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as backgrounds

Post by Dave Adam » Thu, 31 May 2001 05:20:47

Quote:>     Just for future reference, that's "moot", not "mute".

Your second comma isn't neccessary.

):-D

Post by Tesselato » Thu, 31 May 2001 05:37:18

> >     Just for future reference, that's "moot", not "mute".

> Your second comma isn't neccessary.

Yes, but, it is, esthetically, pleasing.

                                           O :-D

Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as backgrounds

Post by Deuc » Thu, 31 May 2001 06:03:06

Stop it, your're typing like William Shatner !

> > >     Just for future reference, that's "moot", not "mute".

> > Your second comma isn't neccessary.

> Yes, but, it is, esthetically, pleasing.

>                                            O :-D

Deuce
Creative Imagineering, Inc.
General Lightwaver

Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as backgrounds

Post by Dave Adam » Thu, 31 May 2001 06:43:17

Quote:> Stop it, your're typing like William Shatner !

He's Keefer Sutherland in Dark City.
Quote:

> > Yes, but, it is, esthetically, pleasing.

Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as backgrounds

Post by Deuc » Thu, 31 May 2001 07:40:10

Yeah, that would work too.

> > Stop it, your're typing like William Shatner !

> He's Keefer Sutherland in Dark City.

> > > Yes, but, it is, esthetically, pleasing.

Deuce
Creative Imagineering, Inc.
General Lightwaver

Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as backgrounds

Post by Tesselato » Thu, 31 May 2001 08:31:46

I figured it was time for a change...  Yoda and deciphered typing
gorillas have been over done here (IMO).

> Yeah, that would work too.

> > > Stop it, your're typing like William Shatner !

> > He's Keefer Sutherland in Dark City.

> --
> Deuce
> Creative Imagineering, Inc.
> General Lightwaver

Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as backgrounds

Post by CH / BriZo » Thu, 31 May 2001 08:54:03

and all this just cause I typed moot wrong hehehe

--

Post by Eric C » Thu, 31 May 2001 10:33:35

> >     Just for future reference, that's "moot", not "mute".

> Your second comma isn't neccessary.

> ):-D

    LOL!                           shhhhhh!  You're ruining my rep!

1. Anyone know of any good software sites?

I thought someone from this group might know of some sites that
have good animation/rendering software packages.  Ftp sites are
prefered, but if anyone knows of an other non ftp sites, just email
me the phone # and any special login instructions, if any apply and
I will try it out as soon as I get a new modem.  However, I will try
out the Ftp sites right away.

If anyone wishes to help in my search for good sites, please do not
post responses here.  Email me at:

2. Need help with a rendering problem

3. anyone know of any good sites........

4. ibm pc world map bitmap/program wanted

5. Anyone know of any good tutorials on using masks for intricate silhouettes

6. One Optic FX control over many lites

7. Vistapro or Bryce

8. Anyone know of a good image editing program with batch capabilities

9. Anyone Know How To Work With Images (image map i think)

10. KPT Free Filter Site back up

11. Anyone Knows a great site for furniture blocks?