Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as backgrounds

Post by CH / BriZo » Tue, 29 May 2001 16:01:52

Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as
backgrounds? Might probably be a mute point as I'm gonna go have a search
around the usual places after I've got some breakfast, just thought I'd ask
in here too, just incase anyone knows a good place

thanks in advance

--

Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as backgrounds

Post by Tesselato » Tue, 29 May 2001 18:39:02

Besides the usual places:

        http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/image/2minrelief.html

You can get the DEMs for this data too at 100 times the res of your second
click from there.

Quote:> Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as
> backgrounds? Might probably be a mute point as I'm gonna go have a search
> around the usual places after I've got some breakfast, just thought I'd ask
> in here too, just incase anyone knows a good place

> thanks in advance

> --

Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as backgrounds

Post by Eric C » Thu, 31 May 2001 04:19:21

    Just for future reference, that's "moot", not "mute".

> Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as
> backgrounds? Might probably be a mute point as I'm gonna go have a search
> around the usual places after I've got some breakfast, just thought I'd ask
> in here too, just incase anyone knows a good place

> thanks in advance

> --

Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as backgrounds

Post by Dave Adam » Thu, 31 May 2001 05:20:47

Quote:>     Just for future reference, that's "moot", not "mute".

Your second comma isn't neccessary.

):-D

Post by Tesselato » Thu, 31 May 2001 05:37:18

> >     Just for future reference, that's "moot", not "mute".

> Your second comma isn't neccessary.

Yes, but, it is, esthetically, pleasing.

                                           O :-D

Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as backgrounds

Post by Deuc » Thu, 31 May 2001 06:03:06

Stop it, your're typing like William Shatner !

> > >     Just for future reference, that's "moot", not "mute".

> > Your second comma isn't neccessary.

> Yes, but, it is, esthetically, pleasing.

>                                            O :-D

Deuce
Creative Imagineering, Inc.
General Lightwaver

Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as backgrounds

Post by Dave Adam » Thu, 31 May 2001 06:43:17

Quote:> Stop it, your're typing like William Shatner !

He's Keefer Sutherland in Dark City.
Quote:

> > Yes, but, it is, esthetically, pleasing.

Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as backgrounds

Post by Deuc » Thu, 31 May 2001 07:40:10

Yeah, that would work too.

> > Stop it, your're typing like William Shatner !

> He's Keefer Sutherland in Dark City.

> > > Yes, but, it is, esthetically, pleasing.

Deuce
Creative Imagineering, Inc.
General Lightwaver

Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as backgrounds

Post by Tesselato » Thu, 31 May 2001 08:31:46

I figured it was time for a change...  Yoda and deciphered typing
gorillas have been over done here (IMO).

> Yeah, that would work too.

> > > Stop it, your're typing like William Shatner !

> > He's Keefer Sutherland in Dark City.

> --
> Deuce
> Creative Imagineering, Inc.
> General Lightwaver

Anyone know of a good site with free landscapes and other images for use as backgrounds

Post by CH / BriZo » Thu, 31 May 2001 08:54:03

and all this just cause I typed moot wrong hehehe

--

Post by Eric C » Thu, 31 May 2001 10:33:35

> >     Just for future reference, that's "moot", not "mute".

> Your second comma isn't neccessary.

> ):-D

    LOL!                           shhhhhh!  You're ruining my rep!

1. Anyone know of any good software sites?

I thought someone from this group might know of some sites that
have good animation/rendering software packages.  Ftp sites are
prefered, but if anyone knows of an other non ftp sites, just email
me the phone # and any special login instructions, if any apply and
I will try it out as soon as I get a new modem.  However, I will try
out the Ftp sites right away.

If anyone wishes to help in my search for good sites, please do not
post responses here.  Email me at:

2. ibm pc world map bitmap/program wanted

3. anyone know of any good sites........

4. Vistapro or Bryce

5. Anyone know of any good tutorials on using masks for intricate silhouettes

6. Need help with a rendering problem

7. One Optic FX control over many lites

8. Anyone know of a good image editing program with batch capabilities

9. Anyone Know How To Work With Images (image map i think)

10. KPT Free Filter Site back up

11. Anyone Knows a great site for furniture blocks?