ANN: NewTek Releases Second Edition of Free Texture Collection

ANN: NewTek Releases Second Edition of Free Texture Collection

Post by Chuck Bake » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 06:02:47

Today we are pleased to announce the release of the second edition of
NewTek's Texture Collection.  As with the initial release, this new set
includes fifty high-resolution textures available for download at no
charge at NewTek.com.  The first edition of the texture collection has
been very well received, with thousands of downloads since being posted
in September, 2002.    We plan to release additional sets of
high-resolution textures from time to time and folks can sign up for
notification of the release of new sets.

Subjects covered in the second set of textures include Wood, Metal, Sky,
Nature, and Stone. All textures are unretouched photographic images at
1600 pixels x 1200 pixels resolution.  These are provided in JPEG
format, for efficient download.

The NewTek Texture Collection is available for free download at:

  http://www.newtek.com/freestuff

Chuck Baker -- NewTek, Inc.
Director  of Corporate Communications
http://www.newtek.com/

One of our Special Offers is Expiring!
Make sure you check out the VT [2] Graphic System: Video Edition special
offer, which combines NewTek's Video Toaster? [2] with eyeon Software's
professional compositing application DFX+?.  You get both for $2495US --
if you order before January 31, 2003!
Go to http://www.newtek.com/eyeon for more information.

ANN: NewTek Releases Second Edition of Free Texture Collection

Post by Brizo » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 06:12:33

nice collection, cheers :))

oh, I couldn't help but chuckle that you posted this in all the major
groups.. but not 3dstudio ;)) hehehehe

Quote:> Today we are pleased to announce the release of the second edition of
> NewTek's Texture Collection.  As with the initial release, this new set
> includes fifty high-resolution textures available for download at no
> charge at NewTek.com.  The first edition of the texture collection has
> been very well received, with thousands of downloads since being posted
> in September, 2002.    We plan to release additional sets of
> high-resolution textures from time to time and folks can sign up for
> notification of the release of new sets.

> Subjects covered in the second set of textures include Wood, Metal, Sky,
> Nature, and Stone. All textures are unretouched photographic images at
> 1600 pixels x 1200 pixels resolution.  These are provided in JPEG
> format, for efficient download.

> The NewTek Texture Collection is available for free download at:

>   http://www.newtek.com/freestuff

> --

> Chuck Baker -- NewTek, Inc.
> Director  of Corporate Communications
> http://www.newtek.com/

> One of our Special Offers is Expiring!
> Make sure you check out the VT [2] Graphic System: Video Edition special
> offer, which combines NewTek's Video Toaster? [2] with eyeon Software's
> professional compositing application DFX+?.  You get both for $2495US --
> if you order before January 31, 2003!
> Go to http://www.newtek.com/eyeon for more information.

ANN: NewTek Releases Second Edition of Free Texture Collection

Post by Jayden Bar » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:08:46

Thanks dude!
JB

ANN: NewTek Releases Second Edition of Free Texture Collection

Post by aph » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 15:44:53

lol it's the suck it and see test!

the thumb nails do not match the larger images (on the metal texture anyway)
they are all mixed up, made for an entertaining few minutes anyway. :-)) the
joys of broadband

great textures BTW

andy

Quote:> Thanks dude!
> JB

ANN: NewTek Releases Second Edition of Free Texture Collection

Post by Gareth Ja » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:19:19

Quote:> http://www.newtek.com/freestuff

Nifty! :)
Worship the textures!

--
Gareth Jax
Ihgger #7*3*2

Post by Chuck Bake » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 05:46:09

> lol it's the suck it and see test!

> the thumb nails do not match the larger images (on the metal texture anyway)
> they are all mixed up, made for an entertaining few minutes anyway. :-)) the
> joys of broadband

Hmmm.  They're supposed to match - we weren't trying to make a guessing
game out of it!  ;)

I'll nudge the web team and see if they can get that corrected!

> great textures BTW

> andy

>>Thanks dude!
>>JB

Chuck Baker -- NewTek, Inc.
Director  of Corporate Communications
http://www.newtek.com/

ANN: NewTek Releases Second Edition of Free Texture Collection

Post by Chuck Bake » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 06:32:05

Not an apps group that I can find for it

Aha!  Thought they'd snipped the .packages branch of the hierarchy ages
ago, in favor of just having .apps.  Thanks!

 >8D

> nice collection, cheers :))

> oh, I couldn't help but chuckle that you posted this in all the major
> groups.. but not 3dstudio ;)) hehehehe

>>Today we are pleased to announce the release of the second edition of
>>NewTek's Texture Collection.  As with the initial release, this new set
>>includes fifty high-resolution textures available for download at no
>>charge at NewTek.com.  The first edition of the texture collection has
>>been very well received, with thousands of downloads since being posted
>>in September, 2002.    We plan to release additional sets of
>>high-resolution textures from time to time and folks can sign up for
>>notification of the release of new sets.

>>Subjects covered in the second set of textures include Wood, Metal, Sky,
>>Nature, and Stone. All textures are unretouched photographic images at
>>1600 pixels x 1200 pixels resolution.  These are provided in JPEG
>>format, for efficient download.

>>The NewTek Texture Collection is available for free download at:

>>  http://www.newtek.com/freestuff

>>--

>>=========================================
>>Chuck Baker -- NewTek, Inc.
>>Director  of Corporate Communications
>>http://www.newtek.com/
>>=========================================

>>One of our Special Offers is Expiring!
>>Make sure you check out the VT [2] Graphic System: Video Edition special
>>offer, which combines NewTek's Video Toaster? [2] with eyeon Software's
>>professional compositing application DFX+?.  You get both for $2495US --
>>if you order before January 31, 2003!
>>Go to http://www.newtek.com/eyeon for more information.

Chuck Baker -- NewTek, Inc.
Director  of Corporate Communications
http://www.newtek.com/

ANN: NewTek Releases Second Edition of Free Texture Collection

Post by Brizo » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 08:12:29

heh no worries :)

> Not an apps group that I can find for it

> Aha!  Thought they'd snipped the .packages branch of the hierarchy ages
> ago, in favor of just having .apps.  Thanks!

>  >8D

> > nice collection, cheers :))

> > oh, I couldn't help but chuckle that you posted this in all the major
> > groups.. but not 3dstudio ;)) hehehehe

> >>Today we are pleased to announce the release of the second edition of
> >>NewTek's Texture Collection.  As with the initial release, this new set
> >>includes fifty high-resolution textures available for download at no
> >>charge at NewTek.com.  The first edition of the texture collection has
> >>been very well received, with thousands of downloads since being posted
> >>in September, 2002.    We plan to release additional sets of
> >>high-resolution textures from time to time and folks can sign up for
> >>notification of the release of new sets.

> >>Subjects covered in the second set of textures include Wood, Metal, Sky,
> >>Nature, and Stone. All textures are unretouched photographic images at
> >>1600 pixels x 1200 pixels resolution.  These are provided in JPEG
> >>format, for efficient download.

> >>The NewTek Texture Collection is available for free download at:

> >>  http://www.newtek.com/freestuff

> >>--

> >>=========================================
> >>Chuck Baker -- NewTek, Inc.
> >>Director  of Corporate Communications
> >>http://www.newtek.com/
> >>=========================================

> >>------------------------------------------------------
> >>One of our Special Offers is Expiring!
> >>Make sure you check out the VT [2] Graphic System: Video Edition special
> >>offer, which combines NewTek's Video Toaster? [2] with eyeon Software's
> >>professional compositing application DFX+?.  You get both for $2495US --
> >>if you order before January 31, 2003!
> >>Go to http://www.newtek.com/eyeon for more information.

> --

> Chuck Baker -- NewTek, Inc.
> Director  of Corporate Communications
> http://www.newtek.com/

ANN: NewTek Releases Second Edition of Free Texture Collection

Post by Jayden Bar » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 08:49:33

heh i just set my flashget to suck all the large ones down so i didnt notice
:-P

Post by Seattle Eri » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 10:30:00

> > the thumb nails do not match the larger images (on the metal texture anyway)
> > they are all mixed up, made for an entertaining few minutes anyway. :-)) the
> > joys of broadband

> Hmmm.  They're supposed to match - we weren't trying to make a guessing
> game out of it!  ;)

> I'll nudge the web team and see if they can get that corrected!

    As long as the file names are non-duplicated, I don't think it matters, IF you
simply grab all of them.

    Broadband indeed.

    Since I was doing exactly that, I didn't bother looking at them, but just
mousing over them in your browser you can see the filenames don't match the text
link.  Drinking and designing don't mix.  >;^)

**  Look!  There's ARAT in the middle of "separate"!

ANN: NewTek Releases Second Edition of Free Texture Collection

Post by Jeff Kilgro » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 10:50:27

One other suggestion for Chuck / the web team...  Would it be possible to also have
the option to download a ZIP file containing all of the images in one archive?  Not
a major request, but could simplify things for people with slower connections

--
- Jeff Kilgroe
- Applied Visual Technologies | DarkScience

Post by Chuck Bake » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:34:02

> One other suggestion for Chuck / the web team...  Would it be possible to also have
> the option to download a ZIP file containing all of the images in one archive?  Not
> a major request, but could simplify things for people with slower connections

There's a bit of method to the madness in the way the textures are being
made available - although the mix-up in file names was not supposed to
be part of that...

Chuck Baker -- NewTek, Inc.
Director of Corporate Communications
http://www.newtek.com/

1. ANN: NewTek Releases Second Edition of Free Texture Collection

[...]

2. polygon algorithm

3. Delphi 5 graphic's and AutoCad 14/2000

4. OT: Video newbie

5. BitBlt is not working for non visual objects

6. NewTek Releases Second Edition of Free Texture Collection

7. NewTek Releases Eighth Free Texture Collection

8. NewTek Releases Fifth Free Texture Collection

9. NewTek Releases Seventh Free Texture Collection