Video Toaster User Magazine Cancelled

Post by The Emper » Wed, 18 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I just heard that Miller Freeman, the company that puts out Video Toaster
User Magazine has ended production. Is this true? They said something
about Digital Video Magazine will be replacing it in the subscriptions.

-Ched

Post by Jim Woodru » Wed, 18 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>I just heard that Miller Freeman, the company that puts out Video Toaster
>User Magazine has ended production. Is this true? They said something
>about Digital Video Magazine will be replacing it in the subscriptions.
>-Ched

I heard Lightwave PRO was discontinued and that 3D Design will be
fulfilling it's subscription list, but not VTU.  I hope that it's not
true, I really enjoyed Mojo's "last page" outlook on life.

Jim

Post by Daniel J. McC » Wed, 18 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>I just heard that Miller Freeman, the company that puts out Video Toaster
>User Magazine has ended production. Is this true? They said something
>about Digital Video Magazine will be replacing it in the subscriptions.

'Tis true!  And to top it off, from a message I saw on the LW mailing list, MF
doesn't intend to send out a mailer giving subscribers of LWPro and/or VTU a
choice between a refund or subscribing to the replacement magazines.  You, as
a subscriber, must ask for it yourself.

Having gotten an issue of 3D Design already, I'd MUCH rather see a LightWave
specific magazine again!  While, yes, it's nice to find out about the other
programs, you can't replace LWPro with 3D Design!

Dan

--

http//www.pacificnet.net/~djmccoy

Video Toaster User Magazine Cancelled

Post by David Hopki » Wed, 18 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Yes, VTU will end with the January 97 issue.  Again, Taming The Wave
readers should switch to 3DArtist, where it will continue beginning
with issue #27 (January) www.3DArtist.com for more info.

-David Hopkins
Lighthouse Imaging/Mach Universe
http://www.primenet.com/~lthouse

>>I just heard that Miller Freeman, the company that puts out Video Toaster
>>User Magazine has ended production. Is this true? They said something
>>about Digital Video Magazine will be replacing it in the subscriptions.
>>-Ched
>I heard Lightwave PRO was discontinued and that 3D Design will be
>fulfilling it's subscription list, but not VTU.  I hope that it's not
>true, I really enjoyed Mojo's "last page" outlook on life.
>Jim

Video Toaster User Magazine Cancelled

Post by Joe Tra » Sun, 22 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Mojo, John Gross, many of the original writers and some new, but
known, columnists are all returning to NEWTEKNIQUES magazine.
NewTekniques is produced by Advanstar who puts out magazines like NT
Studio and PC Graphics & Video.  They have the full support of NewTek
who will also have a column that answers reader questions.

NewTekniques premieres in March of 1997 and will begin as a quarterly
publication.  Strong reader and advertising support, however, could
result in the publication coming out more frequently (like every other
month or monthly).

As soon as I have the final details (like subscription information),
I'll post them.  NewTekniques will be distributed at NAB.

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me via

Sincerely,

Joe Tracy, Editor in Chief
NewTekniques

former Editor in Chief of Video Toaster User

Post by David Wya » Sat, 28 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>Mojo, John Gross, many of the original writers and some new, but
>known, columnists are all returning to NEWTEKNIQUES magazine.
>NewTekniques is produced by Advanstar who puts out magazines like NT
>Studio and PC Graphics & Video.  They have the full support of NewTek
>who will also have a column that answers reader questions.
>NewTekniques premieres in March of 1997 and will begin as a quarterly
>publication.  Strong reader and advertising support, however, could
>result in the publication coming out more frequently (like every other
>month or monthly).
>As soon as I have the final details (like subscription information),
>I'll post them.  NewTekniques will be distributed at NAB.
>If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me via

>Sincerely,
>Joe Tracy, Editor in Chief
>NewTekniques
>former Editor in Chief of Video Toaster User

Hi Joe!

That sounds great!  This is a magazine that I would definately purchase.

Please, more details...

                                        -Dave

                                         Former VTU and LWPro Subscriber

Post by Richard Norm » Sun, 29 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> Mojo, John Gross, many of the original writers and some new, but
> known, columnists are all returning to NEWTEKNIQUES magazine.
> NewTekniques is produced by Advanstar who puts out magazines like NT
> Studio and PC Graphics & Video.  They have the full support of NewTek
> who will also have a column that answers reader questions.

Hopefully NewTek will do better with the magazine then they do with their
web pages.

Quote:> NewTekniques premieres in March of 1997 and will begin as a quarterly
> publication.  Strong reader and advertising support, however, could
> result in the publication coming out more frequently (like every other
> month or monthly).

sigh...

Quote:> As soon as I have the final details (like subscription information),
> I'll post them.  NewTekniques will be distributed at NAB.

Hopefully the March issue will be available to subscribers, and if so
you better get those details out soon, if you are going to have time
to process all those orders before March.

> If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me via

> Sincerely,

> Joe Tracy, Editor in Chief
> NewTekniques

In the meantime, I'll continue to read 3D Artist, and
Amazing Computing/ Amiga.

Richard Norman
Former AVID,  VTU, reader (missed out on Breadbox ;-(

Post by Richard Norm » Mon, 30 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> Mojo, John Gross, many of the original writers and some new, but
> known, columnists are all returning to NEWTEKNIQUES magazine.
> NewTekniques is produced by Advanstar who puts out magazines like NT
> Studio and PC Graphics & Video.  They have the full support of NewTek
> who will also have a column that answers reader questions.

Hopefully NewTek will do better with the magazine then they do with their
web pages.

Quote:> NewTekniques premieres in March of 1997 and will begin as a quarterly
> publication.  Strong reader and advertising support, however, could
> result in the publication coming out more frequently (like every other
> month or monthly).

sigh...

Quote:> As soon as I have the final details (like subscription information),
> I'll post them.  NewTekniques will be distributed at NAB.

Hopefully the March issue will be available to subscribers, and if so
you better get those details out soon, if you are going to have time
to process all those orders before March.

> If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me via

> Sincerely,

> Joe Tracy, Editor in Chief
> NewTekniques

In the meantime, I'll continue to read 3D Artist, and
Amazing Computing/ Amiga.

Richard Norman
Former AVID,  VTU, reader (missed out on Breadbox ;-(

Video Toaster User Magazine Cancelled

Post by Joe Tra » Wed, 01 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Hopefully NewTek will do better with the magazine then they do with their
>web pages.

The magazine is published by Advanstar, not NewTek.   NewTek's only
association with the publication is through advertising and one column
in which they'll directly answer reader questions.  Advanstar is the
same company that publishes PC Graphics & Video, NT Studio and many
other publications.

Quote:>Hopefully the March issue will be available to subscribers, and if so
>you better get those details out soon, if you are going to have time
>to process all those orders before March.

As soon as details become available, I will post them.  Most likely
all registered owners of LightWave 3D, Video Toaster, and Video
Toaster Flyer  will receive information in the mail sometime in mid to
late February.

Sincerely,

Joe Tracy, Editor in Chief
NewTekniques

-former Editor in Chief of Video Toaster User
-daily LightWave 3D (intel) and Video Toaster Flyer user

1. New Online Magazine For Lightwave/Toaster/Flyer Users!!

Visual Inspirations, a leading third party application developer for
NewTek software is pleased to welcome you to the beginning of A New
Dawn in DeskTop Video!

With the demise of Video Toaster User magazine, we LightWave and Flyer
users appear to have been cast adrift to make do on our own again.
Well, we didn't let the downfall of Commodore stop us, and this is no
different.

Therefore, some of the best-known names in third-party software
development for LightWave and The Flyer have decided to band together,
like our cave-man forebears, to brave the elements and fend off the
mighty mastodon by publishing a Free online magazine devoted to YOU,
the LightWave and Flyer user. We hope to serve the Toaster Community
with timely articles, editorials, tutorials, contests, and product
reviews which will inform, instruct, and entertain with a view towards
making your Toaster time more productive and rewarding.

Our First Issue is in the works, and we hope to unveil it Very Soon.

In the meantime, we'd sincerely appreciate it if you would activate
your FREE subscription by visiting us at:

http://www.vionline.com/newtek/

We expect to publish the first issue before Christmas, and we'd love
to have all of you around to help us launch this new venture!