Easy/Quick Character Animation via MIDI

Post by MarcMyl » Thu, 09 May 2002 07:33:28

writes:

>> I would like to be able to move a physical slider instead of using the damn
>> mouse. Mice do nothing but ruin your hand. Anyway, I posted a link to the
>> midi fader that worked with SoftImage years ago, it is the peavey pc1600x.
>> know they are around 300 bux and would be great to use with any 3d
>software.
>> The company that originally made the drivers for Si is now only selling the
>> flying fader version for 5 grand. That is way out of my pricerange, and is
>> out of the question.

>    Well, does anybody else make a midi-fader?  Cuz they all should work,
>right?

Sure, any device that generates MIDI controller messages will work.  These
days, there are quite a few such devices, many of them relatively inexpensive.
Most synthesizers and keyboard MIDI controllers have at least one slider.

For example, MIDIman makes a USB controller, the Oxygen8 ($180 list,
www.midiman.com), with a two-octave keyboard, an assignable slider, and eight
assignable knobs.

-M.

1. MIDI MIDI MIDI MIDI MIDI MIDI MIDI MINUIT

si, moi je parle le chinois....euhhh le francais...

Mais j ai aucune idee pour rsoudre ton probleme...dsol.
J   'aimerais bien comprendre ce que l'utilisation d'un clavier t'apporte dans le contr?le de tes lumieres...veux-tu les synchroniser (en temps rel) avec une anim ou un fichier son ?

dULi.

    Y_a_t_il des personnes qui parlent le francais ou le chinois dans ce newsgroup ?
    Anyway this is a silly question. My purpose is to connect a midi keyboard within maya, to have much better control over the lighting of my scene. Any experience would be appreciate.

    By the way, i create a solar system, and experienced trouble with motion path under a scale of 1e-005 ( Maya 2.0). The planet seemed to danse a parkinson java. So beware with macroscopic bug.

    Cordialement

    Francesco

2. Colour matching algorithm

3. Quick 10 tips for Character animation on Machinima.com

4. FlowChart

5. An easy route to character animation

6. Copy and Paste?

7. looking for easy character animation?

8. separating object from background