LW anim to anim gif?

Post by Marc Rifki » Thu, 03 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a nice, automated way to get a Lightwave animation into
an animated GIF?

For me, it takes way too many steps, culminating with manually loading each
frame into GIF construction set. I am just way too lazy for this. :)

-Marc

--

= Marc Rifkin
== Multimedia Artist

= http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/1099/

LW anim to anim gif?

Post by Kevin Glees » Thu, 03 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>Does anyone know of a nice, automated way to get a Lightwave animation into
>an animated GIF?

>For me, it takes way too many steps, culminating with manually loading each
>frame into GIF construction set. I am just way too lazy for this. :)

Me too.

Quote:>-Marc

FutureWave's FutureSplash animator will take in file sequences and manipulate
them and then send them out as animated gifs, along with having quite a nice
little vector animation package as well.

Try http://www.futurewave.com/fsindex.html

Cheers

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Kevin Gleeson
Imagine It
3D animation and graphics
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

http://www.tasmall.com.au/imagine_it/

The Librarian Rules! - OOOK!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

LW anim to anim gif?

Post by John Crookshan » Sat, 05 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Does anyone know of a nice, automated way to get a Lightwave animation
into
> an animated GIF?

> For me, it takes way too many steps, culminating with manually loading
each
> frame into GIF construction set. I am just way too lazy for this. :)

So what's so hard about shift-clicking your first and last frame in GIF
Construction set so that it automatically loads *all* of them? An Animated
GIF plugin for Lightwave would be nicer, I agree, but using GIF
Construction Set seems pretty easy by itself.

John.

--

John Crookshank     MicroTech Solutions, Inc.

LW anim to anim gif?

Post by Mark Dunak » Sun, 06 Oct 1996 04:00:00

This is for the Mac too,,,,? isn't it?

-----------

KG> >Does anyone know of a nice, automated way to get a Lightwave animation
KG> into
KG> >an animated GIF?
KG> >
KG> >For me, it takes way too many steps, culminating with manually loading
KG> each
KG> >frame into GIF construction set. I am just way too lazy for this. :)

KG> Me too.

KG> >-Marc

KG> FutureWave's FutureSplash animator will take in file sequences and
KG> manipulate
KG> them and then send them out as animated gifs, along with having quite a
KG> nice
KG> little vector animation package as well.

KG> Try http://www.futurewave.com/fsindex.html

KG> Cheers

KG> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
KG> Kevin Gleeson
KG> Imagine It
KG> 3D animation and graphics
KG> Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

KG> http://www.tasmall.com.au/imagine_it/

KG> The Librarian Rules! - OOOK!
KG> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MD arts
Mark Dunakin

http://tmisnet.com/~M.D/Index.html

LW anim to anim gif?

Post by biowa » Mon, 14 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>>Does anyone know of a nice, automated way to get a Lightwave animation into
>>an animated GIF?

>>For me, it takes way too many steps, culminating with manually loading each
>>frame into GIF construction set. I am just way too lazy for this. :)

The newest version of GCS (1.0N - i believe) has a wizard to automate this
process.

Works very well, took me only 5 minutes to convert a series of pic to a gif
anim.  compared to over an hour with the older version.  (LONG GIF)

Chris

LW anim to anim gif?

Post by Daniel J. McC » Thu, 17 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>>>Does anyone know of a nice, automated way to get a Lightwave animation into
>>>an animated GIF?

>>>For me, it takes way too many steps, culminating with manually loading each
>>>frame into GIF construction set. I am just way too lazy for this. :)

>The newest version of GCS (1.0N - i believe) has a wizard to automate this
>process.

>Works very well, took me only 5 minutes to convert a series of pic to a gif
>anim.  compared to over an hour with the older version.  (LONG GIF)

Additionally, Microsoft now has a GIF Animator where you simply drag and drop
the images into the GIF Animator window and away it goes.

ULEAD (http://www.ulead.com) also has a GIF Animator that works rather well.
It too supports drag and drop plus image exporting.  You can also make global
changes (ie: frame to frame timing, ect) rather than hand twiddling
everything.  You can download a 30 day trial version you can download.  They
have some other cool web tools as well.  I grabbed 'em plus PhotoImpact at a
local Fry's after working with their GIF Animator.

Having a GIF Animator plug-in saver would be cool too but the various tools
out there work.  :)

Enjoy,
Dan

--

http//www.pacificnet.net/~djmccoy

1. Convert GIF anim to IFF anim

Try using the built-in virtual memory of PPaint.

| Beta tester of Persistence of Vision 3.0 Amiga | #AmIrc and #AmigaIta      |
| Porter of AmiForge, GForge                     \---------------------------+
| Fantasy home page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/4950              |
\____________________________________________________________________________/

2. How to copy bitmap from TImage to TImageList

3. NEED: alphachannel anim -> fixed palette anim

4. redistributing directx : english for all countries ?

5. Anim to PSP back to Anim ?

6. CFP: MIL/GOVT/AEROSPACE Simulation Conf.

7. Gif Anim - Animated Gif Collection!

8. Gif Animation - Gif Anim!

9. LW FX&Anim Seminar: Oct31 LA

10. Flicker Flash anim made with LW test 2

11. Incredible Anim -LW or MAX, it doesnt matter