AVI Plugin Rendering

Post by Fred Albrech » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

All,

Created a small Animation for a laptop screen saver, about 100 frames... med
antialiasing.
Cannot use NewTek AVI...much too large and if I use the 256AVI, the red
comes out as rust.
The client frowns on this as red is the Company color. Tried cutting the
frame length...no change still rust, tried reducing antialiasing to enhansed
low, still rust and I can't go lower as
the copy (in logo) must read. Any suggestion will be deeply, really deeply
appreciated.
Thanks in advance....Fred Albrecht

AVI Plugin Rendering

Post by Ivan Smit » Fri, 05 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I personally use NT_AVI all the time. I use it uncompressed for small
previews and if I have to output a "movie" for what ever reason (directly
from LightWave and definitely not recommended) I use the Indeo5 codec from
Intel : available at http://developer.intel.com/ial/indeo/video/driver.htm.

Some points about your method:

NT_AVI should give you a secondary dialogue after you hit render to select
the codec you wish to use. These are the codecs currently registered on your
system. Indeo5 would be in this list if you installed it.

Why are you outputting movies directly from LightWave?

The best (less costly method overall) is to render out your individual
frames as TGA or IFF files and compile them as needed with a 3rd party
application (I use MainActor, but you could use Adobe Premier or MediaStudio
Pro etc). Rendering final output directly from LW as movie is costly in
that, if your client changes their mind you have re-output the movie if
something has to be changed.

Good Luck with whatever your trying to do.

Ivan

Post by Chong Househol » Fri, 05 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Any suggestion will be deeply, really deeply
>appreciated.
>Thanks in advance....Fred Albrecht

Use Smacker from www.radgametools.com on a series of output frames, then put
the resulting smacked frames to a gif animation program. Wallah!

T Urbvan

AVI Plugin Rendering

Post by Tom E. Melvi » Sun, 07 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> I personally use NT_AVI all the time. I use it uncompressed for small
> previews and if I have to output a "movie" for what ever reason (directly
> from LightWave and definitely not recommended) I use the Indeo5 codec from
> Intel : available at http://developer.intel.com/ial/indeo/video/driver.htm.

> Some points about your method:

> NT_AVI should give you a secondary dialogue after you hit render to select
> the codec you wish to use. These are the codecs currently registered on your
> system. Indeo5 would be in this list if you installed it.

Is NT_AVI the same as HIIP-AVI32(avi).  I loaded the NT_AVI.p but do not see it
there other than the one I mentioned.  When I hit render I do not get a dialogue
box.

Quote:

> Why are you outputting movies directly from LightWave?

Need them to import directly to Trinity clipmem.

Quote:

> The best (less costly method overall) is to render out your individual
> frames as TGA or IFF files and compile them as needed with a 3rd party
> application (I use MainActor, but you could use Adobe Premier or MediaStudio
> Pro etc). Rendering final output directly from LW as movie is costly in
> that, if your client changes their mind you have re-output the movie if
> something has to be changed.

I agree.  This is how I always did it.  Just need AVI's for this project.

How do I render an .avi alpha of the .avi animation?

Quote:> Thanks

John Melvin
Cactus Bill Productions

AVI Plugin Rendering

Post by Ernie Wrigh » Mon, 08 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Is NT_AVI the same as HIIP-AVI32(avi).

No.  But that reminded me...

Quote:> Need them to import directly to Trinity clipmem.

HIIP-AVI32 will save an alpha channel with your animation.  Others have
reported that they can load these into Premiere without any problem.

- Ernie                                   http://members.home.net/erniew

1. bad avi class - cannot render avi

I have been trying to work through a problem that just started on my
machine.  I am no longer able to render avi's (including making
previews).  I consistantly get a BAD AVI CLASS error.  This problem also
happens when attempting to create avi's from other applications (World
Builder).  I have just updated to the latest Microsoft media player and
codec and well as the latest service pack for NT4 Server.  Also, I have
installed the latest Indeo codec from Intel. Control Panel says that all
video compression types are working properly. Any suggestions other than
wiping the hard disk and starting from scratch would be very
appreciated. Thanks in advance, Chris Cvetkovich

2. Sperical collision and impulses!!

3. DV AVI as background? (Plugin)

4. HELP: image to avi converter needed!

5. AVI Plugin for 3d StudioMax

6. Help Needed With Data Smoothing, Character Recognition

7. Plugin: AVI files for LW

8. OpenGL voodoo 3

9. Nt-avi Plugin

10. AVI plugin for Amiga Version LW