All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Paul Andrew » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 08:13:03

Quote:> Hello all,

> We have recently completed a music video for an up-and-coming band out
> of Detroit.  All animation and rendering was done in Lightwave. We'd
> love to get some comments and critiques from the Lightwave community.
> Thanks.

> Go here: www.skylightdi.com/video/wi062403.wmv

> AR

> www.skylightdi.com

I loved it. Enjoyed the band too!

I took the trouble to look them up...
http://www.robbroy.com/story/what_if.html

Paul

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Seattle Eri » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:11:03

Quote:> > We have recently completed a music video for an up-and-coming band out
> > of Detroit.  All animation and rendering was done in Lightwave. We'd
> > love to get some comments and critiques from the Lightwave community.
> > Thanks.

> > Go here: www.skylightdi.com/video/wi062403.wmv

    ?? Has this already been pulled?

**  Look!  There's ARAT in the middle of "separate"!

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Tesselato » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:49:22

> > Hello all,

> > We have recently completed a music video for an up-and-coming band out
> > of Detroit.  All animation and rendering was done in Lightwave. We'd
> > love to get some comments and critiques from the Lightwave community.
> > Thanks.

> > Go here: www.skylightdi.com/video/wi062403.wmv

> > AR

> > www.skylightdi.com

> I loved it. Enjoyed the band too!

> I took the trouble to look them up...
> http://www.robbroy.com/story/what_if.html

Yeah, Robb Roy was kinda a popular seller here in Japan awhile back.  Haven't
heard much recently tho. -- ie. no more distributor purchasing recommendations.
not to mention that thier name no longer appears in the catalog at all.   :(

        But hey, like, this is the story of grunge doodz.  :P

Tho I think Robb Roy may just be one of the bands dynamic enough to
loose the jacket and move on.  Hard to say.

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Ronald Step » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:58:49

Quote:> I thought it was pretty damn good.  I wouldn't say riviting...

Nope. me neither.. it was riveting.... for a music video that is...

2c

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Tesselato » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:34:54

> > I thought it was pretty damn good.  I wouldn't say riviting...

> Nope. me neither.. it was riveting.... for a music video that is...

> 2c

Elaborate...   What about it did you think was "riviting"?
And why would /that/ apply only to a "music Video" ?

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Paul Andrew » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 01:13:38

Quote:> > > We have recently completed a music video for an up-and-coming band out
> > > of Detroit.  All animation and rendering was done in Lightwave. We'd
> > > love to get some comments and critiques from the Lightwave community.
> > > Thanks.

> > > Go here: www.skylightdi.com/video/wi062403.wmv

>     ?? Has this already been pulled?

It's still there...

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Ronald Step » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 02:55:57

> > > I thought it was pretty damn good.  I wouldn't say riviting...

> > Nope. me neither.. it was riveting.... for a music video that
is...

> > 2c

> Elaborate...   What about it did you think was "riviting"?
> And why would /that/ apply only to a "music Video" ?

The song wasn't boring, I could understand the words, the cuts from
glasses to screen was interesting, it wasn't overdone, I kept trying
to figure out if the guy was artificial or not, I liked the story
going on in the screens, and I didn't get bored or look at my watch to
see if it was going to be over soon.. just long enough...

you know, that kind of riveting.. grin.. I qualified "for a music
video that is" to show that's what I judged it as, nothing much beyond
that... just good clean entertainment.. and compared to some of the
videos that get made today it was a welcome change..

2c, Seeya!

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Tesselato » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 03:32:03

Quote:> > Elaborate...   What about it did you think was "riviting"?
> > And why would /that/ apply only to a "music Video" ?
> The song wasn't boring, I could understand the words, the cuts from
> glasses to screen was interesting, it wasn't overdone, I kept trying
> to figure out if the guy was artificial or not, I liked the story
> going on in the screens, and I didn't get bored or look at my watch to
> see if it was going to be over soon.. just long enough...

> you know, that kind of riveting.. grin..

Oh,  I guess I was riveted too then.  We seem to have had the same
expirience in viewing it.

                            O :-)

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Erkki Halkk » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:15:22

> Whoa Momma!

Very nice. And i even liked the song ;-)

CU
--
- Eki

http://www.akmp-program.fi
http://www.kolumbus.fi/erkki.halkka/

*************************************
******** warp9.to/soapwish **********
*************************************

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Kevin Carric » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 07:39:59

Eki,

You only like it because you recognized Overcaster in that last shot, right?

:)

Kevin

> > Whoa Momma!

> Very nice. And i even liked the song ;-)

> CU
> --
> - Eki

> http://www.akmp-program.fi
> http://www.kolumbus.fi/erkki.halkka/

> *************************************
> ******** warp9.to/soapwish **********
> *************************************

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Lee Gabe » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 08:49:16

> Hello all,

> We have recently completed a music video for an up-and-coming band out
> of Detroit.  All animation and rendering was done in Lightwave. We'd
> love to get some comments and critiques from the Lightwave community.
> Thanks.

> Go here: www.skylightdi.com/video/wi062403.wmv

Great work. Very inspiring.

May I ask what the budget was on it? If this is sensitive info, no problem.

Thanks.

--
All the best, Lee Gabel
Luna Seven Imagery * www.lunaseven.com

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Erkki Halkk » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 08:56:32

> Eki,

> You only like it because you recognized Overcaster in that last shot, right?

I didn't, but it makes me like it even more ;-)

I suppose you won't mind if i post a link to your site at my "press room"??

Actually, if you send me a still of the ending shot, i'll put it to the
gallery too...

CU
--

Post by Seattle Eri » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 09:15:29

> Great work. Very inspiring.

> May I ask what the budget was on it? If this is sensitive info, no problem.

    And hey, just a ballpark figure would be fine!

Eric

**  Look!  There's ARAT in the middle of "separate"!