2D to .LWO ??

Post by Reb » Mon, 01 Sep 1997 04:00:00

On Sun, 31 Aug 1997 12:02:24 +0200, Jelle Bloemsma

>I've scanned a logo and now I would like to convert the black & white
>image (now in .tif format) to a lightwave object so I can do some
>extruding, rendering and animating with it. Is there any way to do this
>(with lightwave or any other software package)?

Send it to me. I'll do the legwork on it and send it back in any 3D
format you choose. Cost? Nothing. I enjoy my work

 _ _    ____         __  _ _
( | )  / __ \ ___   / /_( | )
|/|/  / /_/ // _ \ / __ \/|/
     / _, _//  __// /_/ /
    /_/ |_| \___//_.___/
=20
=20
=20

2D to .LWO ??

Post by Darren Thompso » Mon, 01 Sep 1997 04:00:00

...I've scanned a logo and now I would like to convert the black & white
image (now in .tif format) to a lightwave object so I can do some
extruding, rendering and animating with it. Is there any way to do this
(with lightwave or any other software package)?

General practice is to load the image as a background in to Modeler and
using the various tools (sketch, modify primitives etc) build up the shape
in 3 dimensions. Foe an extremely fast and proffessional job I would
recommend a product (which we are currently assessing) called Photomodeler.
This has the ability to take the images of your object (3-4 pics preferably
with the same camera) of your model, car, House mountain range -in short
anything- from 3-4 different perspectives. BY mapping points in each image
the program can work out the exact dimensions etc of the object. Currently
it will only put out the object in DXF or 3Ds formats (it does others but
these are the useful ones for LW). It also can save the photos as surfaces
for an exact  reproduction of the object.
Check out http://www.photomodeler.com This is a stunning package for
reproducing Photo realistic objects.

Darren Thompson
Delta Concepts
Lightwave Technical Support for New Magic Australia

2D to .LWO ??

Post by Terrence Pitt » Tue, 02 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I've scanned a logo and now I would like to convert the black & white
> image (now in .tif format) to a lightwave object so I can do some
> extruding, rendering and animating with it. Is there any way to do this
> (with lightwave or any other software package)?

You might want to give Pixel 3D a try, not only is it a converter you can
convert
a bitmap image into a 3D object, though it might be extremely jaggy.

If you are adept you might try the method in which you load the image
in as background image and trace the outline, then freeze the splines.

--

Terrence Pitts

http://pages.ripco.com:8080/~tpitts

2D to .LWO ??

Post by David Pascarel » Wed, 03 Sep 1997 04:00:00

: On Sun, 31 Aug 1997 12:02:24 +0200, Jelle Bloemsma

: >I've scanned a logo and now I would like to convert the black & white
: >image (now in .tif format) to a lightwave object so I can do some
: >extruding, rendering and animating with it. Is there any way to do this
: >(with lightwave or any other software package)?
: >

: Send it to me. I'll do the legwork on it and send it back in any 3D
: format you choose. Cost? Nothing. I enjoy my work

:  _ _    ____         __  _ _
: ( | )  / __ \ ___   / /_( | )
: |/|/  / /_/ // _ \ / __ \/|/
:      / _, _//  __// /_/ /
:     /_/ |_| \___//_.___/
: =20
: =20
: =20

I sure wish there were more people out there wanting to help his fellow
LightWavers  :)   I mean for FREE too !!

BIG THANKS TO YOU ROB !!

1. 2D to .LWO

Thanks for the reactions,

I had some useful tips on how to tackle my problem.
I've used a small photoshop plugin called Cybermesh and it converts
greyvalues from images into heights in a 3D model (DFX) it works
great!!. The only thin is that the 3D file gets rather big..
I've also tried Pixel 3D for PC  which is just a littlebit newer version
of Polyform (which I already had) and traces the outlines and converts
it to any format you like.. That did the trick for me..

Thanks

Jelle

2. find 3d studioviz

3. 2D lwo to 3D - springfield1.lwo (0/1)

4. Natural Neighbour Algorithm info needed

5. 2d picture to 3d lwo

6. how to delete paintbrush library mac?

7. Mclaren.lwo, Laracroft.lwo

8. amiga lwo to pc lwo

9. Can I input an object in a lwo file to another lwo file

10. Here's a version of VoxJack.lwo - voxjack.lwo (0/1)

11. LWO to DXF and DXF to LWO

12. 2D lwo to 3D - springfield1.lwo (1/1)<------Outlook Express Hates you!