SurfBlurFilter - Keeps going & going & going....

SurfBlurFilter - Keeps going & going & going....

Post by Cyrus J. Kalbrene » Mon, 08 Jul 1996 04:00:00

While flexing the new plugins in LW 5.0 I've come across some weirdness
that I'm not sure about.

When I try to use the SurfBlurFilter plugin (yes, both on the object
Surface and the Effects), the render status for the filter starts at 0%
and keeps going up past 100% and doesn't seem to want to stop.  I've let
it go as far as 4000% before calling it quits.

I have installed the program and plugin updates up to rev C (K)

Is this a bug?  Am I missing something?

Post by Adam Chrysti » Mon, 08 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> I have installed the program and plugin updates up to rev C (K)

> Is this a bug?  Am I missing something?

It's a buggy. They know about it too. But you gotta admitt..sure beats the
energizer!! ;)
Adam Chrystie
UCSC-UCLA Film, Senior

Newest CD: Patti Rothberg "Between the 1 and the 9"

SurfBlurFilter - Keeps going & going & going....

Post by Steve Pug » Tue, 09 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>>>>When I try to use the SurfBlurFilter plugin (yes, both on the object

Surface and the Effects), the render status for the filter starts at 0%
and keeps going up past 100% and doesn't seem to want to stop.  I've let
it go as far as 4000% before calling it quits.

Quote:> It's a buggy. They know about it too. But you gotta admitt..sure beats the energizer!! ;)

They took a cue from Spinal Tap - "But this one goes to 11...." :^)

        -Steve

SurfBlurFilter - Keeps going & going & going....

Post by Brian Thom » Wed, 10 Jul 1996 04:00:00

 New 'Surfblur' plugins are now availlible via NewTek's online
services. It fixes the "keeps going and going and going" bug. (Hey,
that could be a catchy ad campaign someday!)

INTEL (tm)  users download: PC50SURF.ZIP
DEC ALPHA (tm) users download: AX50SURF.ZIP

Extract and overwrite the previous Surfblur.p plugin with this new
one.

- Brian Thomas
NewTek, Inc.

1. FS: Director 5.0...going...going...almost gone...

Last chance to get into multimedia for a lots less than retail. The
unregistered Mac version of Director I got with my PowerTower 225 will
be sold to the highest biddrer as of 6:00 p.m. EST, Sunday, February 16.

You'll get the Application CD and an Electronic Documentation CD (sorry,
no book). Guaranteed to never have been registered or loaded onto any
computer. Drop me an e-mail with the high bid by 6:00 p.m. Sunday and
it's yours. And then fame and fortune will be just a few short years
(er, I mean months) away. :-)

Jim Nixon
InterAction

P.S. The current high bid is less than half the retail price. Still lots
of room to save big bucks.

2. timefmt and EPOCH data ?

3. Going Once...Going Twice...Three Jobs Available!

4. Objects shadowing each other

5. DUAL PRO GOING GOING

6. [no subject given -- from Paul Slade]

7. I'm going to go mad

8. are my messages getting through? [NO TEXT]

9. PVR questions-a-go-go

10. Going Once...Going Twice...Three Jobs Available!

11. ANIiMATED GIF a go go !!!

12. Going Once...Going Twice...Three Jobs Available!

13. MModel & PRMan/Win soon to go