can someone post recent hardware benchmarks?

can someone post recent hardware benchmarks?

Post by Tomasz Swidzinsk » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 19:08:15

Hi,
I`m wondering about new G5 and Opteron based sysems benchmarks in lw?
Can someone post rendering times to blanos benchmarks? www.blanos.com
regards
Tomek

can someone post recent hardware benchmarks?

Post by js33 » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:26:02

Well in case you didn't know the G5s don't come out till September
so it would be kinda of hard to get a LW benchmark on it till then. ;>)
Unless you can talk Apple into doing it for you. Hehehehehe
As far as the Opteron goes there may be some benchmarks there soon.

Cheers,
JS

Quote:> Hi,
> I`m wondering about new G5 and Opteron based sysems benchmarks in lw?
> Can someone post rendering times to blanos benchmarks? www.blanos.com
> regards
> Tomek

can someone post recent hardware benchmarks?

Post by js33 » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:25:06

Yeah Apple thinks their G4s have been faster than a Xeon/P4 for the
last three years and they have benchmarks to prove it. :>)

Cheers,
JS

Quote:> > Unless you can talk Apple into doing it for you. Hehehehehe
> They can do only benchmarks like "Your PowerPC 603 is faster than quad
xeon
> system", marketing in apple is "the best" in this company ;-)
> regards
> Tomasz

can someone post recent hardware benchmarks?

Post by js33 » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 01:13:44

Yeah unfortunately its starting to seem like a dinosaur before
it even comes out. But at least with IBM Apple has a chance
to keep up. Also this is just the beginning for the 970 where
as the P4 is on its last legs. Don't know squat about the Opteron
as I've always went with Intel due to heat and compatibility
problems with AMD. It's exciting though that some new
hardware is coming out from all camps. We know what Apple
and AMDs 64bit plans are but Intel seem a little murky at the
moment. Itanium is not really meant for the desktop so maybe
the P5 will be a 64bit P4 replacement. They better make it
dual capable or make the Xeon version of it but not overpriced
like they are now. The Xeon is no faster than a P4 of the
same speed but alot more expensive.

Cheers,
JS