All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Tesselato » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 02:05:35

Quote:> |
> | This might be fun if I could understand the arguement.  I mean what:
> |

> | 1. c43d or some guy with seemingly a reputation for being a
> |    plagiaristic troll posts a "Nemesis sucks" thread.
> |
> | 2. Someone replies with some really sappy sucker-bait.  But the troll
> |    doesn't bite.
> |
> | -- Was there a deeper meaning to the guy saying "STEEE -- RIKE" ?

> other than yet again the trolls have no come backs, no proof, nothing to
> back up their claims, nothing but "your shit" replies.. no I don't think so,
> its called putting the trolls in their place, you used to be really good at
> it Tess, dead * just like me, I miss our games of pass the troll :)

Ya, I stopped that for the most part cuz it was being confused with
being mean to newbs.  And it just clutters up the place...  It /can/
be alot of fun tho.
                     <BEG>

Quote:> | 4. Flying Infidel Lizzards invade the place and asked to called
> |    "troll" but only really tell the first troll to shut up.

> their both*heads, isn't that enough? :)

OUCH!  That's gotta hurt!

Quote:> | 6. Then every one trolls out and starts challenging the trollmanship
> |    of each troll that trolled.

> we have renders, need something to do while we're waiting before the weekend

hehe...

Quote:> | So, does Nemisis suck or not?  I say it doesn't.  The claims made by
> | umm errr, one of the trolls (??)  have no merrit and are completely
> | redicoulous.  Was it a block busting smash with cutting edge VFX?
> | No. But it wasn't billed as being such either.  IMO the marketing
> | for that film was completely appropriate.
> I can't see whats wrong with it.. put it this way, I'd rather watch Nemisis
> than animatrix.. sure, last flight of the osiris is very pretty, but so was
> final fantasy and look how fast that bombed.. atleast Star Trek, even with
> its technobabble and convoluted storylines and Brent Spiner's ever
> increasing jowls.. actually have storylines, and aren't just some showreel
> for a bunch of guys who clearly haven't cottoned onto the fact yet that
> fancy FX is nothing more than fancy pictures without a decent story to carry
> them, apparantly the animatrix is supposed to fill in the gaps of the
> trilogies story.. erm ok lol. No but really, its a showreel, nothing more,
> would have looked better sat on CGTalk or Highend3D. Nemesis was a film,
> with a story, its watchable and entertaining, the animatrix shorts were akin
> to what students might come up with in their first year.. only in LFOTO's
> case, far better than something a student would do.. but still the same
> thing, too much showing off and little thought gone into the rest of it,
> sure, might appeal to the mindless torrent of glue sniffing *agers that
> all like to think their Neo's and use Linux to try hack into other people's
> computers.. But I'm afraid that stuff is short lived, those who did final
> fantasy and animatrix, yeah, their very good at the 3D side of things, but
> they made a big mistake, they did the 3D side TOO well, how can they top
> that? they can't, they went too far too fast and didn't think about the
> future. they'll find it very hard to keep improving on themselves, the
> competition isn't going to sit around waiting for them to go first, and
> they'll just dissapear into obscurity, a foot note in the history of CG, its
> a shame really, cause thats some pretty nice talent they have going on
> there, if only they could get together with someone who can write a good
> story, or maybe get a job with John Carpenter, they'll learn how to make a
> film then, I hope they do, I've nothing against any of them, don't
> personally know them and couldn't name any of them, their talented guys,
> would be a shame to see them vanish like that

> I'm not being harsh, just being honest. And I'm not a trekkie neither, but I
> appreciate it when there's actually a reason to watch it, like a story, if I
> just want to stare at pretty pictures, I'll go look at raph.com. Star Trek,
> while perhaps not my taste these days, is still fun to watch now and again..
> but then hey, I watch Big Brother, buffy, angel and stargate, old hitchcock
> films and made for TV movies, heh so I suppose everyone is different :)

Yup.

Quote:> just my opinion

Yup, many of them shared too!

Quote:> | Who is c43d and why does he have a bad rep in the first place?
> | "Anit-Lightwave Man" seems right, but why?  Cuz he trolled and
> | we all turned him out for it?

> Well now Dave appears to be back

I hope he sticks around this time...  I kinda miss the old dog.

Quote:> maybe he can help shed some light on the guy,

Yup, he did.

              O :-)

Quote:> cause my memory of the early days when he seemed to really lose it are
> pretty faded now, I just have distant recolections of him royally pissing a
> few people off saying he was going for good, then coming back under a
> different guise and being spotted almost straight away.. been here ever
> since

> atleast thats how I remember it LOL

Sounds about right...

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Brizo » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 03:50:01

|| their both*heads, isn't that enough? :)
|
| OUCH!  That's gotta hurt!

:)

whats FTL and cgfx4d gonna do? prove me wrong?

lol doubtful ;D

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by gefu » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 04:54:37

>> | On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 03:16:58 +0100, "FTL"

>> | Zoic did Firefly, the last season or two of Buffy the Vampire Slayer,
>> | Angel, etc...

>> the boy has clearly lived a sheltered life, do you think he's even gonna
>> know what those shows are? ;)

>This might be fun if I could understand the arguement.  I mean what:

>1. c43d or some guy with seemingly a reputation for being a plagiaristic
>   troll posts a "Nemesis sucks" thread.

>2. Someone replies with some really sappy sucker-bait.  But the troll
>   doesn't bite.

>-- Was there a deeper meaning to the guy saying "STEEE -- RIKE" ?

>4. Flying Infidel Lizzards invade the place and asked to called "troll"
>   but only really tell the first troll to shut up.

>6. Then every one trolls out and starts challenging the trollmanship
>   of each troll that trolled.

>This brings about the need for some really serious questioning.
>Chiefly what happened to "5." in the above list of points and
>why is "3." not "3." but "--" instead?

>                                          O :-)

>So, does Nemisis suck or not?  I say it doesn't.  The claims made by
>umm errr, on of the trolls (??)  have no merrit and are completely
>redicoulous.  Was it a block busting smash with cutting edge VFX?
>No. But it wasn't billed as being such either.  IMO the marketing
>for that film was completely appropriate.

>Who is c43d and why does he have a bad rep in the first place?
>"Anit-Lightwave Man" seems right, but why?  Cuz he trolled and
>we all turned him out for it?

>And lastly what the hell is a tesselator and why is that the last
>question?

that is really funny. You are o so right, god, the anger in some of those posts.

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Tesselato » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 06:24:29

Quote:> On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:25:26 +0900, ....

Oh I see now...   That's the reason Howy and others are
flipping out..  It's Friday the 13th...

                                           Muahahahah....

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Tesselato » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 06:25:36

Quote:> > On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:25:26 +0900, ....

> Oh I see now...   That's the reason Howy and others are
> flipping out..  It's Friday the 13th...

>                                            Muahahahah....

And it was a full moon last night too!

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Brizo » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 07:14:15

||| On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:25:26 +0900, ....
|| Oh I see now...   That's the reason Howy and others are
|| flipping out..  It's Friday the 13th...
||                                            Muahahahah....
|

| And it was a full moon last night too!

quick, you get the stakes I'll get the crossbow, oh wait those are vampires.
Never mind, we'll still have fun

*unexpected buffy withdrawl*

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by gefu » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 07:28:10

>|| Oh I see now...   That's the reason Howy and others are
>|| flipping out..  It's Friday the 13th...
>||                                            Muahahahah....
>|

>| And it was a full moon last night too!

>quick, you get the stakes I'll get the crossbow, oh wait those are vampires.
>Never mind, we'll still have fun

>*unexpected buffy withdrawl*

yes she is a beaut, but give her a hockey mask and a
machete...hmmmm.... Ill bet she ends up on spike tv.
As for me.. well gefud needs to die, I DO NOT have the testosterone
to keep this char alive, counsuling has a bit to do with it, plus a
slight maturity.. Have become realy interested in CG for personal
reasons. Will try to be a new me

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Brizo » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 08:39:16

||| And it was a full moon last night too!
|| quick, you get the stakes I'll get the crossbow, oh wait those are
|| vampires. Never mind, we'll still have fun
|| *unexpected buffy withdrawl*
|

| yes she is a beaut, but give her a hockey mask and a
| machete...hmmmm.... Ill bet she ends up on spike tv.
| As for me.. well gefud needs to die, I DO NOT have the testosterone
| to keep this char alive, counsuling has a bit to do with it, plus a
| slight maturity.. Have become realy interested in CG for personal
| reasons. Will try to be a new me

and a half arsed apology wrapped up in an excuse of a rant of a *kissing
makes it all better does it.. hmm ok

speaking of *kissing, your gonna need some lip balm for the amount your
gonna have to do for all the many people you've pissed off over the years,
you've said before you were gonna change, you never have. What makes this
time so different? Does this mean you will finally admit the things you've
told us before were lies, might be very humiliating for you, but I think
people may be more willing to listen if you come completely clean about all
those things you've claimed.

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Nick Hatzichristo » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 08:49:08

Quote:>SNIP <
> Some people have issues...Ted has a subscription.

LOL !!!

Damn, we missed your posts Dave ; )

nick

--

Nick Hatzichristos
VFX Animator

http://users.otenet.gr/~nixx

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Tesselato » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 12:30:09

> >SNIP <
> > Some people have issues...Ted has a subscription.

> LOL !!!

> Damn, we missed your posts Dave ; )

> nick

I caught them.  There's a few down lower too but he's been sparse.
Entirely /too/ sparse IMO!  Maybe he'll hang out for a bit this time!

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Colin Kai Heap » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:05:30

Now that's class!
I *really* must remember that quotet :-)))

Nice one Dave.

Quote:>. You

Post by Ronald Step » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:10:13

Quote:> So, does Nemisis suck or not?  I say it doesn't.  The claims made by

Nope.. it doesn't suck..

I rate it the same as pretty much any Star Trek movie after number I..
that one, I think, was the best movie version of the Star Trek
Vision.. with VGer and stuff... had good effects, good plot, and
perhaps I wasn't as jaded in my demand for a good sci-fi movie..

But Nemesis was pretty good for a rental... my Dad really liked it,
and he's the kind of guy who doesn't even have a computer, hates to
sit in a movie theatre for 2 or more hours for any movie, and is into
such things as Babylon 5 and Stargate SG-1 and some series on HBO
which he can never remember what it is when he tells me about it..
heh..

The only other movie in years which he has gone to see in theatres was
the new LOTR movies.. but he thought it was good, and I don't know why
people keep slamming a movie on the merits of its special effects
alone.. it's the whole atmosphere, which is one of the things Star
Trek is good at.. they got a certain way of portraying the "real
world".. ie dust and dirt free starship interiors, peaceful explorers,
no money, go where no man has gone before...

my two cents..
PS If I were a Romulan with the kind of society they have where you
watch your ass from your competitors, I would have seriously burned
carpet getting out of the Senate chamber when the female walked out,
leaving something that started making wierd lightshows..  heh

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Ronald Step » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:11:43

Quote:> we have renders, need something to do while we're waiting before the

weekend

BAH!!!  I have a 2700XP.. my renders only take mere pale shadows of
moments.. why I rendered a desktop icon in only 2.7 merdo-seconds the
other day!

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Ronald Step » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:13:06

Quote:> Ya, I stopped that for the most part cuz it was being confused with
> being mean to newbs.  And it just clutters up the place...  It /can/
> be alot of fun tho.

Again, BAH!  Newbs need to build thicker skins, thus we* them with
whips so the scabs form protective layers against our futu.... EWWW!
never mind...

All Lightwave Music Video

Post by Ronald Step » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:14:27

Quote:> that is really funny. You are o so right, god, the anger in some of

those posts.

Since this is Star Trek related, allow me....
"Anger is irrelevant, they will be assimilated and render us."