CAD assemblies to LW scenes

Post by Timo Silvone » Thu, 12 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi.

Does anyone know if there are translators that can make a CAD assembly
to an LW scene that has all positions and relations translated to Nulls
and parented stuff?

I have heard that there are some. Where should I look for?

PolyTrans and Interchange only change geometry but we need the whole
assembly with lots of objects (the record is over 1300 objects in a
scene, pretty hard to translate one-by-one)

CAD people usually don't know about polygons or animators. This is why I
am asking You guys, the gurus...

Timo Silvonen
Industrial designer TKO
5D muotoilutoimisto Oy

www.5d-world.fi

1. Problems with Scene from LW scene (crash)

Hello folks

I'm trying to render a screne from the Lightwave disk (Scoutwalk.lws) and it
constantly crashes my system when I hit the F10 key.
I am able to render a sinlge frame without problems.

I use a PIII with Gforce Graphics card and 256MB ram and Lightwave 6.5b under
Win98. There is no other application running in the background (learned that
the hard way with Animation:Master:)

Does anybody has an idea what could be wrong?

Phil

2. How to convert MJPEG into AVI

3. Scene Soldier - LW Scene Management Utility - Info and Screen shots

4. Pagemaker or Quark

5. LW Hub - Auto save LW scene

6. shorter way

7. LW 6.5 to LW 7.0 scene compatibility.

8. SWEDISH designers wanted

9. Coding a scene graph and a entity database for a 3D Cad

10. Creating Unreal Tournament scene with LW?

11. CoolColJ's Post render Image Processor scene for LW 6

12. FA: Scene Machine for LW 3D - PC

13. HELP: Problems with Radiosity and Volumetrics with Inside LW 6 scenes