moving light with boned object

Post by Ian Beezle » Fri, 13 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I have an animation of a lamp being distorted with bones,(an extension
of the user guide tutorial p435 )is there any way of "attaching" a light
to the lamp to follow the bulb?
  I've tried parenting to the object and parenting to the null (which I
used to move the lamp)

Lightwave ver 5.0 Intel
--
Ian Beezley
            "Thought is a bird of freedom,which in a cage of words

1. 3-4 highlighted buttons...object, bones, light...also move, rotate

This maybe a repeat issue, have there been any fixes in the plan for 3-4
highlighted buttons...object, bones or light and also move, rotate
sometimes are all lite-up and my fix is to click on them a couple of
times to get back to where is was.
This was a problem with all the 5.0x's and now still with 5.5c.

Does anyone else have this annoying button highlight occurrence?

I'm using NT 4.0(sp1) with a Oxygen 102(driver(s) 2.84-2.94 all
illustrate the same problems, but I am set now on 2.93)

2. 3dsmax vs. Lightwave vs. Softimage??

3. Hierachy windows; objects, lights, bones

4. Fractal, Wad Doom2

5. Light blockers moving when the camera moves

6. smudging edges

7. Bones and lights (or not lights)

8. solve, sum, int and co...

9. Moving camera with moving objects in Inventor

10. Bones, bones, bones, and MORE BONES

11. Copying motions from FK-objects to bones-objects

12. Object in object with bones?