Newbie help with "snake" animation

Post by todd » Thu, 10 Sep 1998 04:00:00

please help

I'm doing a medical animation, very familar with many 3D apps, but new
to LightWave. I'm needing to have a wire-like object with a sleeve to
follow an exact path through a curving artery then the sleeve has to
retract over the wire. I can't seem to get anything to even remotely
work, bones and null objects aren't working for me ( at least the way
I'm using them), any suggestions out there?

Todd Flom

Newbie help with "snake" animation

Post by srb200 » Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:00:00

You have to carefully use small bones, experiment w/ Falloff Type, Morph a
translation of the wire object to get it to move along the deformation
path, and use the Effector Displacement plugin, or a clone of the wire (w/
bones + morph), but slightly larger diameter for the sleeve.  The sleeve
would have an additional morph target in order to animate the retraction
along the deformation path.

Or, purchase and use:

Snake Charmer -- http://www.fxware.com/scharmer/index.htm

                -or-

Snake Maker -- http://www.cinegraphics.net/Products/snake.html

Steve Boyer.

Quote:> please help

Post by Prem Subrahmanya » Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> You have to carefully use small bones, experiment w/ Falloff Type, Morph a
> translation of the wire object to get it to move along the deformation
> path, and use the Effector Displacement plugin, or a clone of the wire (w/
> bones + morph), but slightly larger diameter for the sleeve.  The sleeve
> would have an additional morph target in order to animate the retraction
> along the deformation path.

> Or, purchase and use:

> Snake Charmer -- http://www.fxware.com/scharmer/index.htm

>                 -or-

> Snake Maker -- http://www.cinegraphics.net/Products/snake.html

                  -or-

Relativity - http://www.PremDesign.com/relativ.html

-- Prem

Programmer, graphic designer/animator, fossil nut extraordinaire...
likes Flamin' Hot Chee-to's, which he can't find where he lives...

Official DNRC Title: Minister of Lightwave 3d Plugin Design Foolishness

Lightwave Plugins http://www.PremDesign.com/ppp.html
Home (fossils&graphics included) http://www.PremDesign.com

"Just to be with you, I've done everything
There's no price I did not pay.
Just to be with you, I gave everything,
Yes, I gave My life away..."
"Love Song" by Third Day

1. ****"""""BUG IN PROGRAM"""*****

Does anyone have a problem using PhotoShop 3.  I have alien skin filters
and Kai's Power Tools and yet if I use the spheroid designer in Kai's Power
Tools and then try to add a drop shadow to it using alien skin, PhotoShop
crashes.  Has anyone got a solution to this problem.  It's really bugging
me (pun not intentional).

Yours Pete

2. Viewing Full screen in PS 6.0

3. "Snakes"

4. Happy New Year!

5. "Snakes" in image processing

6. Public Domain Viz for Windows

7. "Snakes"

8. QuickTime error: "This movie does not allow saving"

9. need doc on "snakes"

10. HELP - "mli"/"mat"

11. """"LOOKING FOR METRAEYES MODELLER AND TURBO.PXP FOR AN EXCHANGE"""""

12. newbie question...."student povray Driver"

13. Quicktime Question from a "newbie"...