2D lwo to 3D - springfield1.lwo (0/1)

Post by strat.. » Tue, 10 Jun 2003 21:53:58

I've managed to convert a line drawing to a 2D lwo model (attached)
but am having problems making it 3D. It doesn't seem to have any
normals. I'm pretty new to modeling so any help would be appreciated.
I would even pay someone via PayPal or something if they could make it
3D. Thanks.

Post by compperson.. » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:35:20

>I've managed to convert a line drawing to a 2D lwo model (attached)
>but am having problems making it 3D. It doesn't seem to have any
>normals. I'm pretty new to modeling so any help would be appreciated.
>I would even pay someone via PayPal or something if they could make it
>3D. Thanks.

2D lwo to 3D - springfield1.lwo (0/1)

Post by Kevin F Stubb » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:48:21

For future reference, this is a non-binaries newsgroup. It is expressly for text
only postings. Please do not send attachments of any kind. The appropriate
newsgroup for that would be :

alt.binaries.3d.lightwave

Cheers

Kevin F Stubbs
Kayef Select Limited

Post by Brizo » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:46:08

| I've managed to convert a line drawing to a 2D lwo model (attached)
| but am having problems making it 3D. It doesn't seem to have any
| normals. I'm pretty new to modeling so any help would be appreciated.
| I would even pay someone via PayPal or something if they could make it
| 3D. Thanks.

could you stop posting binaries in a none binary group

Post by compperson.. » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:55:43

Sorry. The file is at http://www.advanceddm.com/ape/.

2D lwo to 3D - springfield1.lwo (0/1)

Post by Seattle Eri » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 07:33:30

    What converter did you use?  What you got was a bunch of line
segments, and 2point polys don't have normals.

    Look for some button in your converter to make polys.  You >could<
just use the points and generate the polys yourself-- it's not >that< big
an object and there's lots of mirroring, but there should be some less
laborious method.

> I've managed to convert a line drawing to a 2D lwo model (attached)
> but am having problems making it 3D. It doesn't seem to have any
> normals. I'm pretty new to modeling so any help would be appreciated.
> I would even pay someone via PayPal or something if they could make it
> 3D. Thanks.

**  Look!  There's ARAT in the middle of "separate"!

2D lwo to 3D - springfield1.lwo (0/1)

Post by Paul Andrew » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:50:40

The drawing is of four circular colums with some panels, etc. What you have
will work fine as a template in a background layer. Better still you could
import the original drawings/bitmaps to the background. There's no point in
bringing that in as polygons, columns aren't too difficullt to make in LW
and *very* difficullt to make from a flat plane (not strictly true, but
there's no point in doing anything else here).

The seide panels, well I'd kill the polygons and reconnect the points as
four sided polygons, extrude and boolean out from a plane to make the square
holes. It'll take a different technique if the panel strips are weaved.

Go with what you have - you have everything you need.

Paul

>     What converter did you use?  What you got was a bunch of line
> segments, and 2point polys don't have normals.

>     Look for some button in your converter to make polys.  You >could<
> just use the points and generate the polys yourself-- it's not >that< big
> an object and there's lots of mirroring, but there should be some less
> laborious method.

> > I've managed to convert a line drawing to a 2D lwo model (attached)
> > but am having problems making it 3D. It doesn't seem to have any
> > normals. I'm pretty new to modeling so any help would be appreciated.
> > I would even pay someone via PayPal or something if they could make it
> > 3D. Thanks.

> --
> **  Look!  There's ARAT in the middle of "separate"!

1. 2D lwo to 3D - springfield1.lwo (1/1)<------Outlook Express Hates you!

Outlook express deleted the .lwo file seeing it as posibly harmful. How do I
tell outlook express that 3d lightwave objects do NOT carry viruses??

--
Gareee?
Homepage:

2. OT icons

3. Mclaren.lwo, Laracroft.lwo

4. new site, check it out

5. amiga lwo to pc lwo

6. --==@ cdS ready for work@==--

7. Can I input an object in a lwo file to another lwo file

8. Here's a version of VoxJack.lwo - voxjack.lwo (0/1)

9. LWO to DXF and DXF to LWO

10. 2d picture to 3d lwo

11. 2D to .LWO

12. 2D to .LWO ??