Help needed

Post by Tammy Swym » Mon, 05 Feb 2001 11:36:25

Does anyone know if there is a polygon size limit in Lightwave 5.5. I have a
very big project with a little more than 800,000 polygons and I cannot add
any more objects. Any suggestions.

Thank you,

Mike S.

Help needed

Post by no spam_arthurray200 » Mon, 05 Feb 2001 12:05:52

I can't remember the exact number but yes there is a limit.  Sorry.

AR

Help needed

Post by MkII » Mon, 05 Feb 2001 12:26:28

All the limits are laid down in the Reference Manual,  page App.12
Almost at the back.

--
######## MkIII #########
http://www.mkiii-design.co.uk

> Does anyone know if there is a polygon size limit in Lightwave 5.5. I have
> very big project with a little more than 800,000 polygons and I cannot add
> any more objects. Any suggestions.

> Thank you,

> Mike S.

Help needed

Post by CH » Mon, 05 Feb 2001 12:29:49

have a peek in the cfg file for it, i think there's something in there
that might tell you more, i think its about 65,000 points per model, but
im just guessing, you can change how many objects you can import into
layout but I've heard it can give unpredictable results if you do

_______________

CH
www.lexxpark.co.uk
_______________

Quote:> I can't remember the exact number but yes there is a limit.  Sorry.

> AR

Help needed

Post by Stev » Mon, 05 Feb 2001 14:39:34

    I seem to recall that it's 64K per object. Don't recall the total
number for a scene, but there is a section in the manual that covers the
software polygon limit. 5.6 also works much better, adds some really
great things and is a free upgrade to 5.5 users...

> Does anyone know if there is a polygon size limit in Lightwave 5.5. I have a
> very big project with a little more than 800,000 polygons and I cannot add
> any more objects. Any suggestions.

> Thank you,

> Mike S.

1. HELP NEEDED: IGES Protocol/File Format Header and/or Code Needed

I am appealing for help from any person that knows of any information
regarding the IGES protocol/file format, which is commonly used
in CAD, visualization and rendering applications. I have already searched
the entire Internet using Archie, and the Web (plus searching what
newsgroup archives there are around), read all the FAQs,
and have drawn almost a complete blank. The only information
that I have gotten is where I can get the specs for $150!!! We're
just doing basic research in a University research lab and cannot
afford that kind of money - all we want to do is to be able to
convert IGES to our internal file format.

        The reason I am asking this question is that we have recieved a huge
number of data files in this file format from another research group and
we need a way to convert them to our standard file format. We do NOT
have any CAD programs, nor can really afford to purchase something like
AutoCAD (which is excellent but...). Surely SOMEONE must know of a source
for code or a program that will convert IGES to our file format -
it's not that hard if we just had the damn specs! If you happen to
have code that you have written, I will GUARANTEE that your copyright
will be upheld etc. - we do not want to take anything away from anyone -
rather we need code or a program FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY!!! Let me
really emphasize this - this is for our lab only and will NOT go
beyond our lab. We are willing to give this guarantee to you
in writing if you so wish - as long as we can convert our files
we're happy :-)

        If anyone DOES know of anything at all, please write me ASAP at

2. LightWave and Inspire

3. NEED HELP!!-Need pix of human brain

4. POV Shadows & Alpha Channels

5. HELP NEEDED : I need to draw points FAST in Open Inventor

6. Screen capture question

7. HELP, PLEASE--Clipping Paths Help Needed Quickly

8. ** HELP ** Need help on 256 gray scale using Turbo C/C++

9. REPOST: Help needed with Highlights in Inventor 2.0, please help

10. Help! TIFF help needed

11. HELP! (GIF sites help needed again)