TITANIC mesh?

Post by Mark Adam » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 05:43:09

Does anyone know of a site where I can obtain this fine ship in Lightwave
format?

Cheers..

Mark,

TITANIC mesh?

Post by Brizo » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 06:00:30

bottom of the ocean i would have thought

--

-------
BriZon

          ICQ: 124947563 - MSN: Lexxpark
=================\/=================

Quote:> Does anyone know of a site where I can obtain this fine ship in Lightwave
> format?

> Cheers..

> Mark,

TITANIC mesh?

Post by Tesselato » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 06:32:39

You mean the one from the movie?

I don't think the entire ship (as seen in /cool/ close-ups etc.) exits
in LW format.  But the one used on the TV-Monitor while explaining to
the old lady what they thought happened does.  :)   I did actually see
that obj. floating around in some circles. (no pun intended).  By now
it /might/ even be part of one of thoes share collection???

TITANIC mesh?

Post by io » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 07:03:59

here's a dxf, needs textures tho'
--
io

www.ambientlight.co.uk

Quote:> Does anyone know of a site where I can obtain this fine ship in Lightwave
> format?

> Cheers..

> Mark,

TITANIC mesh?

Post by D.E.G » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 07:11:15

About the best Titanic model out there (that I've found so far) is from the
Rem Infographica collection. Viewpoint picked up the line so check their
site for a price. It's in the Max 2.5 object format so you will have to
converted it  for LW.
I actually bought the whole collection a year or so back and this was one of
the first objects I checked out. It's very sweet. Nicely built and well
detailed. As with all their models, some "accurizing" will need to be done,
but it's off to a  fantastic start as is.
I  started translating that model to the LW 5.x format, but back then it
involved quite a bit of clean-up work and would have had to all be
resurfaced in LW. I got about a third of the way into it before I got
involved with other things. However now that LW6/7 supports UV, I'm going to
run it back through Polytrans which has greatly improved it's Max to LW
translators. It'll now be a much faster, cleaner translation and I won't
have to*around with the re-texturing issue. It should end up as a nice
LW model.

Craig Paup
DEG

Quote:> Does anyone know of a site where I can obtain this fine ship in Lightwave
> format?

> Cheers..

> Mark,

TITANIC mesh?

Post by Fred Teppe » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:45:56

> You mean the one from the movie?

> I don't think the entire ship (as seen in /cool/ close-ups etc.)
> exits in LW format.

Yes it does.
--
-=Fred=-
(Remove the x in the e-mail address if replying privately)

TITANIC mesh?

Post by Bytehaw » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 18:16:39

> > You mean the one from the movie?

> > I don't think the entire ship (as seen in /cool/ close-ups etc.)
> > exits in LW format.

> Yes it does.
> --
> -=Fred=-
> (Remove the x in the e-mail address if replying privately)

And he knows 8o) (probly has it on his drive somewhere gathering dust)

TITANIC mesh?

Post by Tesselato » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:28:57

Quote:> > You mean the one from the movie?

> > I don't think the entire ship (as seen in /cool/ close-ups etc.)
> > exits in LW format.

> Yes it does.

Cool!

That would have been an interesting study.  Bet it was a blast to build!

TITANIC mesh?

Post by Clive Jone » Sat, 01 Sep 2001 04:36:02

upidispdoesntpostwhenyouwantitto.co.uk> writes

Quote:>bottom of the ocean i would have thought

He said "mesh" not "mess". ;-)

Clive

TITANIC mesh?

Post by Brizo » Sat, 01 Sep 2001 04:44:56

hehehe

--

-------