Images displaying in L5.5

Post by Saluki Gu » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 09:22:15

Hi All,

I am having a problem and I am sure the collective wisdom of the group
can easily solve this!  I cannot get my images to display in layout in
the preview box of the image tab.  Nor can I get them to preview or
show anywhere else.  I go through the procedure to load the image then
it says that the image is using 0k of space.  I have tried using tga's,
tif's and also jpg's.  Though I CAN get the files to work from the
Inside Lightwave 3D book.

1. Is there a file naming convention I'm missing?

2. Is there a certain bitrate (not sure if this is the correct term)
for my images?

3.  Any boxes that usually are checked but maybe turned off that won't
allow the image to load correctly?

Thanks for everyones help!!

SG

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Images displaying in L5.5

Post by Jayden Bar » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 12:00:38

Make sure that the image have the right file format tags (.iff, .jpeg etc)
if you are working on a PC.  Another thing to do is make sure that all of
the file format loader plugins are properly installed, sometimes going
through and reloading them works wonders.

BTW, try and get the free 5.6 upgrade :)

Hope that helps,

Jayden Barr
Character Modeling & Animation
visit my online portfolio! http://www.tnet.com.au/~fattdex
-------------------------------

ICQ: 71942692
-------------------------------
"Tha Eurythmic King of Nowhere"
get your Wu-Tang clan name here:
http://www.recordstore.com/cgi-bin/wuname/wuname.pl

"Journeying Android Yearning for Destruction and Efficient Nullification"
get your cyborg name here: http://brunching.com/toys/toy-cyborger.html

> Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.lightwave
> Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 00:22:15 GMT
> Subject: Images displaying in L5.5

> Hi All,

> I am having a problem and I am sure the collective wisdom of the group
> can easily solve this!  I cannot get my images to display in layout in
> the preview box of the image tab.  Nor can I get them to preview or
> show anywhere else.  I go through the procedure to load the image then
> it says that the image is using 0k of space.  I have tried using tga's,
> tif's and also jpg's.  Though I CAN get the files to work from the
> Inside Lightwave 3D book.

> 1. Is there a file naming convention I'm missing?

> 2. Is there a certain bitrate (not sure if this is the correct term)
> for my images?

> 3.  Any boxes that usually are checked but maybe turned off that won't
> allow the image to load correctly?

> Thanks for everyones help!!

> SG

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. Preview Window in L5.6 modeler

Hi all,

In L5.6 modeler, every time I open a new model I have to reset the
preview type window from   wire to opengl smooth shaded.  I think the
cfg file is working as the other settings are "staying" from session to
session.  Any tips???

SG

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. NEC FP955 ICM File

3. Satellite Image Gallery - Everchanging display of Landsat Images of the Earth

4. Best site for background textures

5. Image Display program for nuclear medicine images.

6. Graphic/Web Designer Position in L.A.

7. Macintosh Image Display Program for PDS Images

8. Image Slicer HTML page displays line between images.

9. Image Won't display

10. Need Help Displaying Image

11. How to display image to screen once loaded from disk

12. fast 2D image display