Please recommend a decent graphics card!!! Please!

Please recommend a decent graphics card!!! Please!

Post by newsgroup » Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,

I went and did the stupid thing of buying matrox milleniums for my machines
(I know I know don`t tell me it`s a shit card, I realise this now!) I want
to rectify my stupid error...

What I do need is some advice!  Whats the best card I can buy for under 200
(thats about $300) for use with lightwave.

Please feel free to call me stupid here but do any of the current  3dfx
cards support lightwave (look don`t flame me to death here, it stand to
reason, all that 3d power going to waste on games, couldn`t newtek write a
few drivers for the modeller and layout?)

I don`t have the money for a really high end cards as I have several
machines to upgrade, all I want is a little 3d support, the millenium seems
to speed up all the other packages I have, in fact it speeds up everything
but the package I bought it for, it`s opengl support is through software not
the hardware :(

Thanks for your time!

Angelo Pliatsikas

Post by Dushan Draskovi » Sat, 21 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>Hi all,

>I went and did the stupid thing of buying matrox milleniums for my machines
>(I know I know don`t tell me it`s a shit card, I realise this now!) I want
>to rectify my stupid error...

>What I do need is some advice!  Whats the best card I can buy for under
200
>(thats about $300) for use with lightwave.

>Please feel free to call me stupid here but do any of the current  3dfx
>cards support lightwave (look don`t flame me to death here, it stand to
>reason, all that 3d power going to waste on games, couldn`t newtek write a
>few drivers for the modeller and layout?)

>I don`t have the money for a really high end cards as I have several
>machines to upgrade, all I want is a little 3d support, the millenium seems
>to speed up all the other packages I have, in fact it speeds up everything
>but the package I bought it for, it`s opengl support is through software
not
>the hardware :(

>Thanks for your time!

>Angelo Pliatsikas

The BEST graphics card for you is Diamond VIPER V330. I have this card, and
this card work perfect. You have version of this card with S-Video output. I
work with LightWave, and this card work excellent with this program.
The next card for you but little beat expensive is Number Nine Revolution 3D
with 4Mb, 8Mb and 16Mb.

                        Lucky choice   ...........Dushan

1. Recommend a Graphics Package Please...

I am looking for a grphics package to make web site graphics
and computer splash screen, and installation billboards,
and such.

I bought Macromedia Graphics Studio with xRes and Freehand
and I think it sucks for this purpose.  It is terrible at create
custom text.  xRes does gradients in text but I can't get
it to do 3D or shadow easily.  Nothing that I want to do is
apparently easy in Freehand.

Is Photoshop the best for this type of stuff.  Any advocates
of macromedia out there, I would like your opinions.

--
Please respond by email if possible, I don't check this news
group often.

2. 3ds.pif in Win95

3. Please recommend graphics program/suite

4. Solid Textures - Ouch!

5. Dos Graphics Program-please recommend

6. FIERY LX-W

7. Please recommend 3D graphics program

8. Looking for 3ds-read code

9. Please Recommend 3D Graphics Library For Mac.

10. Please Recommend VC++ Graphics Library

11. Please Recommend 3D Graphics Library For Mac.

12. Graphics card - decent OGL and PAL output?

13. Help me pick graphics card please!