Completely OT: a possible real working honest to goodness cure for hangovers

Completely OT: a possible real working honest to goodness cure for hangovers

Post by marc » Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:47:33

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:06:00 +0100, "Chris Brizon"

>This has nothing to do with LW, but since you guys are bound to suffer
>hangovers from time to time and since sods law dictates the hangover will
>come on the morning that you need to get some important work finished for a
>well paying client, the last thing you need is a hangover and stinking
>headache stopping you from doing the job

>    I dunno if any of you are familiar with the techniques of using certain
>soundwaves to effect the brain in different waves, commonly called Brainwave
>Syncronisation. Anyway, I recently got interested in this, actually for a
>different reason, since apparantly by using certain frequencies you can
>trick people into thinking there's a "ghostly" pressence near them, which is
>kinda cool if you consider using it in animations for that extra kick ;-)
>anyway, yesterday I downloaded a small program that makes creating these
>special soundwaves easier. It also comes with a number of presets, such as
>soundwaves to help you sleep, or wake up, or meditate etc. But it also had a
>few for curing headaches. Now, I had a little too much to drink last night,
>and as a result, felt like shit this morning :-) Now normally I'd take half
>a dozen paracetamol to try get rid of the headache, but having drunk so much
>the night before I knew full well I'd end up bringing any pills back up
>within minutes.
>    So, for the hell of it I tried the headache presets in this program,
>nodded off for about an hour, when I woke up, it had gone completely and I
>could actually walk without falling over hehe. Now anyone who knows me well
>knows I suffer a lot from headaches and that simply sleeping them off rarely
>ever works for me. So I was pretty surprised that this did the trick,
>normally it would take a whole day to recover, loads of water and far too
>many pills for my own good. This did it in under an hour. Not half bad.. and
>I didn't paint the walls this time either lol

>you can find a shareware version of the program at www.bwgen.com I would
>recommend it as it does actually work

>I know this sounds like some ad or spam, and that a few of you probably
>think I've finally lost the plot :-) but it isn't any of those, I just think
>something like this could be useful to people like us who spend most of our
>lives infront of a computer and working all hours with little fresh air or
>sunlight

>just so you know though, if you fall into one or more of the following,
>don't use the program (for obvious reasons)

>. People subject to any forms of seizures or epilepsy
>. People using pacemakers
>. People suffering from cardiac arrhythmia or other heart disorders
>. People taking stimulants, psychoactive *, or tranquilizers

>--

>Sincerely

>Chris Brizon
>Managing Director: Hades Animation Studios
>www.hades-studios.com

>(remove "yourinhibitions" to reply)

you ve been experimenting with lsd havent you?  :-)

                                        Marc

remove,  "removethis" to email me :)

Completely OT: a possible real working honest to goodness cure for hangovers

Post by Jeff Kilgro » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 01:03:39

Quote:

> you ve been experimenting with lsd havent you?  :-)

I think Briz has gone well beyond the point of experimenting.  ;-)

I do understand where he's coming from though...  I suffer from migraines, very bad
ones that is.  I have occasionally had migraines that get so bad that I actually
black out.  No doctor has ever had an answer for me other than "thousands of people
suffer from these the world over".  And I gave up trying out any drug prescribed by
the doctor and most other methods as nothing worked and often the treatment was
just as bad as the symptom in many ways.  Most migraine medicines are pretty bad
for you...  It would be analogous to taking a pill to stop a runny nose, but that
pill is known to cause rectal bleeding.

Then again, in the case of a hangover, it's self-inflicted.

I'm kinda skeptical about this sound wave thing, but I'll check it out.

--
- Jeff Kilgroe
- Applied Visual Technologies | DarkScience

Completely OT: a possible real working honest to goodness cure for hangovers

Post by Jeff Kilgro » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 01:05:30

Hey, Briz...   This brainwave generator claims it can help you quit drinking...
Just a thought.  ;-)

--
- Jeff Kilgroe
- Applied Visual Technologies | DarkScience
- www.appliedvisual.com

Completely OT: a possible real working honest to goodness cure for hangovers

Post by Revant » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 12:21:41

I occassionally get bad headaches usually from lack of sleep or overworking
brain (sometimes when the weather is overcast, too.) and I find the best
cure is a good sleep. I know that might be difficult in a work environment
so all I can suggest for that is maybe some deep breathing and lots of
water. It should help.

If you drink alot of caffeine or stuff with sugar, cut down the intake
because it basically works just like an amphetamine where it gives you a
short buzz but leaves * consequences.

It could also be something in your lifestyle and diet, too, which could be
the cause of these headaches.

Oh, and whatever you do, don't drink tap water. I used to but I often felt
depression and I didn't know why. Now I buy spring water and I feel
completely different. It took a while to get the *outta my system (about
a month) but I feel better for doing it.

Hope you find some of this info useful, Jeff.

Cheers
Revanto

> > you ve been experimenting with lsd havent you?  :-)

> I think Briz has gone well beyond the point of experimenting.  ;-)

> I do understand where he's coming from though...  I suffer from migraines,
very bad
> ones that is.  I have occasionally had migraines that get so bad that I
actually
> black out.  No doctor has ever had an answer for me other than "thousands
of people
> suffer from these the world over".  And I gave up trying out any drug
prescribed by
> the doctor and most other methods as nothing worked and often the
treatment was
> just as bad as the symptom in many ways.  Most migraine medicines are
pretty bad
> for you...  It would be analogous to taking a pill to stop a runny nose,
but that
> pill is known to cause rectal bleeding.

> Then again, in the case of a hangover, it's self-inflicted.

> I'm kinda skeptical about this sound wave thing, but I'll check it out.

> --
> - Jeff Kilgroe
> - Applied Visual Technologies | DarkScience
> - www.appliedvisual.com

Completely OT: a possible real working honest to goodness cure for hangovers

Post by Jeff Kilgro » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 13:48:19

Quote:> I occassionally get bad headaches usually from lack of sleep or overworking
> brain (sometimes when the weather is overcast, too.) and I find the best
> cure is a good sleep. I know that might be difficult in a work environment
> so all I can suggest for that is maybe some deep breathing and lots of
> water. It should help.

Hey, thanks for advice!   Alas, I do pretty well with most of those things.  I
don't drink, smoke or do *.  I exercise regularly, play sports, etc..  I eat
healthy, don't really like coffee and outside of an occasional Coca-Cola about once
very 10 days, I don't really get any caffeine.  I've had these headaches ever since
I can remember.  Some of my most vivid memories from childhood involve these
headaches (bummer).  On the bright side, I do seem to get fewer of them as I get
older.  They're a specific type of migraine that is caused by an inflamation or
swelling of the thin tissue membrane that surrounds the brain.  Unfortunately,
nobody has figured out a cause for this.  When I get one, they come on suddenly and
are over just as quick, but they can last anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes on up to 5
or 6 days.  When I get one of these things, the pain is always in the same regions
of my head and only hurts in defined areas...  Not the typical tiredness, stress,
poor diet or sinus headache where the whole head just hurts.  It's hard to explain,
it's really weird.  With the real bad ones, the vision in my right eye can become
blurred.

I've been to doctors, had cat-scans, lots of theories have been thrown about and
I've tried lots of different prescription medicines to see if anything can help
with the headaches, but nothing does.  Actually, what works best is a few extra
strength Tylenol, they take the edge off better than anything else (at least for
me).  As a kid, the most common theory behind the headaches was that I needed
glasses.  But I've always had better than 20/20 vision and would usually read the
bottom line of the eye chart just to be a smartass if I could.

I have learned things that trigger the headaches and that helps avoid them too.
Certain visual patterns can have an effect, and not busy eye-shocking patterns or
optical tricks, but it's actually simpler things like color combinations.  But like
I've said, it seems to be getting better as I get older (one of the few things, and
I'm not even old yet)...  I've only had 2 of these headaches in the past 18 months
and neither incidence lasted longer than a day.

And I totally agree with you 100% on the tap water issue!  That *makes me sick
and I drink lots and lots of water.  Some places do have very clean tap water
though, but none around here.

--
- Jeff Kilgroe
- Applied Visual Technologies | DarkScience
- www.appliedvisual.com

Completely OT: a possible real working honest to goodness cure for hangovers

Post by Exceptio » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 06:49:09

Tapwater in the netherlands is squeecky clean.
No need to drink springwater there.

> I occassionally get bad headaches usually from lack of sleep or
overworking
> brain (sometimes when the weather is overcast, too.) and I find the best
> cure is a good sleep. I know that might be difficult in a work environment
> so all I can suggest for that is maybe some deep breathing and lots of
> water. It should help.

> If you drink alot of caffeine or stuff with sugar, cut down the intake
> because it basically works just like an amphetamine where it gives you a
> short buzz but leaves * consequences.

> It could also be something in your lifestyle and diet, too, which could be
> the cause of these headaches.

> Oh, and whatever you do, don't drink tap water. I used to but I often felt
> depression and I didn't know why. Now I buy spring water and I feel
> completely different. It took a while to get the *outta my system
(about
> a month) but I feel better for doing it.

> Hope you find some of this info useful, Jeff.

> Cheers
> Revanto

> > > you ve been experimenting with lsd havent you?  :-)

> > I think Briz has gone well beyond the point of experimenting.  ;-)

> > I do understand where he's coming from though...  I suffer from
migraines,
> very bad
> > ones that is.  I have occasionally had migraines that get so bad that I
> actually
> > black out.  No doctor has ever had an answer for me other than
"thousands
> of people
> > suffer from these the world over".  And I gave up trying out any drug
> prescribed by
> > the doctor and most other methods as nothing worked and often the
> treatment was
> > just as bad as the symptom in many ways.  Most migraine medicines are
> pretty bad
> > for you...  It would be analogous to taking a pill to stop a runny nose,
> but that
> > pill is known to cause rectal bleeding.

> > Then again, in the case of a hangover, it's self-inflicted.

> > I'm kinda skeptical about this sound wave thing, but I'll check it out.

> > --
> > - Jeff Kilgroe
> > - Applied Visual Technologies | DarkScience
> > - www.appliedvisual.com

Completely OT: a possible real working honest to goodness cure for hangovers

Post by Revant » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:15:19

Quote:> And I totally agree with you 100% on the tap water issue!  That *makes
me sick
> and I drink lots and lots of water.  Some places do have very clean tap
water
> though, but none around here.

There's no such thing as clean tap water. Not only is tap water full of
fluoride, it also contains chlorine. Both of which chemicals the body
doesn't need. You can probably get away with a small amount of those
chemicals but I, personally, would only use it in emergencies. I don't even
cook with it.

Fluoride is actually nastier than you imagine.

Good luck and I hope you find the source of your migraines.

Cheers
Revanto

Completely OT: a possible real working honest to goodness cure for hangovers

Post by Chris Brizo » Mon, 22 Jul 2002 20:24:37

Quote:> you ve been experimenting with lsd havent you?  :-)

damn, you just worked out how I come up with those weird ass biomechanical
images :-)

--

> [...]

or
> >sunlight

> >just so you know though, if you fall into one or more of the following,
> >don't use the program (for obvious reasons)

> >. People subject to any forms of seizures or epilepsy
> >. People using pacemakers
> >. People suffering from cardiac arrhythmia or other heart disorders
> >. People taking stimulants, psychoactive *, or tranquilizers

> >--

> >Sincerely

> >Chris Brizon
> >Managing Director: Hades Animation Studios
> >www.hades-studios.com

> >(remove "yourinhibitions" to reply)

> you ve been experimenting with lsd havent you?  :-)

> Marc

> remove,  "removethis" to email me :)

Completely OT: a possible real working honest to goodness cure for hangovers

Post by Truls Ottesen Johanse » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:48:47

This makes me think of an old movie... POE :->

Quote:> > And I totally agree with you 100% on the tap water issue!  That *
makes
> me sick
> > and I drink lots and lots of water.  Some places do have very clean tap
> water
> > though, but none around here.

> There's no such thing as clean tap water. Not only is tap water full of
> fluoride, it also contains chlorine. Both of which chemicals the body
> doesn't need. You can probably get away with a small amount of those
> chemicals but I, personally, would only use it in emergencies. I don't
even
> cook with it.

> Fluoride is actually nastier than you imagine.

> Good luck and I hope you find the source of your migraines.

> Cheers
> Revanto

Completely OT: a possible real working honest to goodness cure for hangovers

Post by Truls Ottesen Johanse » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:50:00

Same goes in Norway. Spring water is definitely just a snob thing over here,
we've got tap water that is just as good, if not better. Judging from these
posts, I'd say were damn lucky.

-Truls

> Tapwater in the netherlands is squeecky clean.
> No need to drink springwater there.

> > I occassionally get bad headaches usually from lack of sleep or
> overworking
> > brain (sometimes when the weather is overcast, too.) and I find the best
> > cure is a good sleep. I know that might be difficult in a work
environment
> > so all I can suggest for that is maybe some deep breathing and lots of
> > water. It should help.

> > If you drink alot of caffeine or stuff with sugar, cut down the intake
> > because it basically works just like an amphetamine where it gives you a
> > short buzz but leaves * consequences.

> > It could also be something in your lifestyle and diet, too, which could
be
> > the cause of these headaches.

> > Oh, and whatever you do, don't drink tap water. I used to but I often
felt
> > depression and I didn't know why. Now I buy spring water and I feel
> > completely different. It took a while to get the *outta my system
> (about
> > a month) but I feel better for doing it.

> > Hope you find some of this info useful, Jeff.

> > Cheers
> > Revanto

> > > I think Briz has gone well beyond the point of experimenting.  ;-)

> > > I do understand where he's coming from though...  I suffer from
> migraines,
> > very bad
> > > ones that is.  I have occasionally had migraines that get so bad that
> > actually
> > > black out.  No doctor has ever had an answer for me other than
> "thousands
> > of people
> > > suffer from these the world over".  And I gave up trying out any drug
> > prescribed by
> > > the doctor and most other methods as nothing worked and often the
> > treatment was
> > > just as bad as the symptom in many ways.  Most migraine medicines are
> > pretty bad
> > > for you...  It would be analogous to taking a pill to stop a runny
nose,
> > but that
> > > pill is known to cause rectal bleeding.

> > > Then again, in the case of a hangover, it's self-inflicted.

> > > I'm kinda skeptical about this sound wave thing, but I'll check it
out.

> > > --
> > > - Jeff Kilgroe
> > > - Applied Visual Technologies | DarkScience
> > > - www.appliedvisual.com

Completely OT: a possible real working honest to goodness cure for hangovers

Post by Chris Brizo » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:02:50

har...har..har ;-P

lol I wondered if anyone would spot that little nugget :-)

--

Sincerely

Chris Brizon
Managing Director: Hades Animation Studios
www.hades-studios.com

(remove "yourinhibitions" to reply)
--

Quote:> Hey, Briz...   This brainwave generator claims it can help you quit
drinking...
> Just a thought.  ;-)

> --
> - Jeff Kilgroe
> - Applied Visual Technologies | DarkScience
> - www.appliedvisual.com

Completely OT: a possible real working honest to goodness cure for hangovers

Post by Chris Brizo » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:05:04

Where I live the water is better than bottled water (atleast thats what they
tell us ;-).. so I'm gonna do a Del Boy and bottle tap water to sell on
elsewhere ;-)

--

Sincerely

Chris Brizon
Managing Director: Hades Animation Studios
www.hades-studios.com

(remove "yourinhibitions" to reply)
--

> I occassionally get bad headaches usually from lack of sleep or
overworking
> brain (sometimes when the weather is overcast, too.) and I find the best
> cure is a good sleep. I know that might be difficult in a work environment
> so all I can suggest for that is maybe some deep breathing and lots of
> water. It should help.

> If you drink alot of caffeine or stuff with sugar, cut down the intake
> because it basically works just like an amphetamine where it gives you a
> short buzz but leaves * consequences.

> It could also be something in your lifestyle and diet, too, which could be
> the cause of these headaches.

> Oh, and whatever you do, don't drink tap water. I used to but I often felt
> depression and I didn't know why. Now I buy spring water and I feel
> completely different. It took a while to get the *outta my system
(about
> a month) but I feel better for doing it.

> Hope you find some of this info useful, Jeff.

> Cheers
> Revanto

> > > you ve been experimenting with lsd havent you?  :-)

> > I think Briz has gone well beyond the point of experimenting.  ;-)

> > I do understand where he's coming from though...  I suffer from
migraines,
> very bad
> > ones that is.  I have occasionally had migraines that get so bad that I
> actually
> > black out.  No doctor has ever had an answer for me other than
"thousands
> of people
> > suffer from these the world over".  And I gave up trying out any drug
> prescribed by
> > the doctor and most other methods as nothing worked and often the
> treatment was
> > just as bad as the symptom in many ways.  Most migraine medicines are
> pretty bad
> > for you...  It would be analogous to taking a pill to stop a runny nose,
> but that
> > pill is known to cause rectal bleeding.

> > Then again, in the case of a hangover, it's self-inflicted.

> > I'm kinda skeptical about this sound wave thing, but I'll check it out.

> > --
> > - Jeff Kilgroe
> > - Applied Visual Technologies | DarkScience
> > - www.appliedvisual.com

Completely OT: a possible real working honest to goodness cure for hangovers

Post by Chris Brizo » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:08:39

maybe thats why out tap water is pretty good... our water company is too
tight to go put more chemicals in it than they actually need, and after foot
and mouth, there's no farm animals left round here to*in it either, and
the fish died out years ago... hmm maybe I should stop drinking that water
then hehe

--

Sincerely

Chris Brizon
Managing Director: Hades Animation Studios
www.hades-studios.com

(remove "yourinhibitions" to reply)
--

Quote:> > And I totally agree with you 100% on the tap water issue!  That *
makes
> me sick
> > and I drink lots and lots of water.  Some places do have very clean tap
> water
> > though, but none around here.

> There's no such thing as clean tap water. Not only is tap water full of
> fluoride, it also contains chlorine. Both of which chemicals the body
> doesn't need. You can probably get away with a small amount of those
> chemicals but I, personally, would only use it in emergencies. I don't
even
> cook with it.

> Fluoride is actually nastier than you imagine.

> Good luck and I hope you find the source of your migraines.

> Cheers
> Revanto

Completely OT: a possible real working honest to goodness cure for hangovers

Post by Chris Brizo » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:20:35

here's that list I mentioned, its pretty long and unformatted. Credit goes
to Dennis Webber for compiling it originally and putting it on the bwgen
egroup

I think there's a limit to what bwgen can do, many of the frequencies
probably require specialist equipment, but a good deal of it is possible. I
find playing it quietly in the background of some soothing music works well.
Probably all works better with the glasses feature aswell as the audio, but
I don't have those to try it with

So far I can confirm the headache treatment, the creativity and learning
frequencies, the "weird ghost thing" and the meditation frequencies work
well

I am thinking of doing a CD of music with frequencies said to help autism
and other mental disabilities and letting my mom play it when she's at work
(she works with disabled kids) see if it helps them in some way, which would
be kinda cool

if you want to try the weird ghost thing, I think a frequency of 6.5Hz
gradually moving up to 8Hz seems to work, adding a couple of other voices to
it at similar frquencies playing differently adds to the effect (and is the
one that made me think I saw a reflection of something in the TV screen)

Next step, making a scary animated short and try it in that on a live
audience :-))

----------------------
Here is a copy of the listing I've acuminated over the course of a year and
a half. Not all of the following frequencies/conditions have been verified
by competent medical researchers. The references I have for each entry are
shown at the end.

(This is the study of Neurotechnology; the field of mind-machine interface.)

-BASIC STATES-
0.75-4.50 Hz (Delta)
4.75-7.75 (Theta)
8.00-12.25 (Alpha)
12.50-15.00 (Sigma)
15.25-24.75 (Beta)
25.00-34.75 (Gamma1)
35.00-44.75 (Gamma 2)

FREQ. REMARKS
----  -------
0.1-3 Delta. Normally associated with a deep dreamless sleep, trance state,
lucid dreaming, increased immune functions, hypnosis; and non-REM type of
sleep
0.1-1 Organ+muscle resonances. (40)
0.1-3 Monroe Focus 21.
0.16-10 Neuralgias. (02)
0.18-10 Mod. therapy (02)
0.20-0.26 Dental pain. (02)
0.20-10 Post-traumatic. (02)
0.28-2.15 Alcohol addiction. (02)
0.28-10 Arthritis. (02)
0.30-0.15 Depression. (02)
0.30-10 Cervobrachial syndrome. (02)
0.37-2.15 Drug addiction. (02)
0.40-10 Confusion. (02)
0.45-10 Muscle pain. (02)
0.5-1.5 Pain relief, endorphins, better hypnosis (40)
0.5-4 Delta. Conducive to miracle type healing, divine knowledge, inner
being and personal growth, rebirth, trauma recovery, "one with the universe
experiences (samadhi), near death experience, characterized by "unknowing"
merely a blissful "being" state such as deep sleep or coma. (18)
0.5 Very relaxing, against headache. (16)
0.5 For lower back pain. (01)
0.5 Thyroid, reproductive, excretory stimulant, whole brain toner (40)
0.9 Euphoria (40)
0.95-10 Whiplash. (02)
1-3 Delta: deep, dreamless sleep, trance state, non-REM sleep.
1-3 The last main pattern is that of delta waves, pulsations that range
between 3 to 1-Hz. In this range of profound relaxation, images and dreams
have largely subsided, as the person slides into a state of slow wave
restorative sleep. Mediators who remain aware during this state of near
unconsciousness report tranquillity and peace. (37)
1.0 Feeling of well-being, pituitary stimulation to release growth hormone;
overall view of inter-relationships; harmony and balance (16)
1.05 For growth hormone production where intriguing reports of gray hair
returning to its original color have been noted. (18)
1.45 Tri-thalamic entrainment format. According to Ronald de Strulle,
creates entrainment between hypothalamus, pituitary and pineal. May benefit
dyslexic's and people with Alzheimer's. (20)
1.5 Abrams universal healing rate (40)
1.5 Less effect from symptoms. Those individuals whose ailments have
manifested into the fourth stage of Chronic Fatigue, where some form of
disease is apparent, experienced a release from the negative sensation of
their symptoms when moved into 1.5-Hz. (25) (38)
1.5-2.5 Sleep.
2.15 - 10 Tendovaginatis (02)
2.5 16th harmonic of 40-Hz
2.5 Pain relief, relaxation (16)
2.5 Production of endogenous opiates (11)
2.7 15th harmonic of 40-Hz
2.9 14th harmonic of 40-Hz
3-4 Influences physical vision (40)
3.0-5.5 Theta 1 - When I first started doing Decrease training, I began with
Decrease Theta at 4 to 8-Hz. Results were admittedly quite good, at least in
regard to increasing SMR and Beta. When I read about Theta2, however, I
realized that there could possibly be some interference with cognitive
processing by decreasing Theta above 5.5-Hz As a result, I changed my
primary Theta band to 3 to 6-Hz, calling it Thetal, and created a new
secondary frequency band of 5.5 to 8-Hz, which became Theta2.
3.6 11th harmonic of 40-Hz
3-6 For eliciting unconscious childhood memories. (18)
3-6 Childhood awareness/vivid memories (40)
3-7 The Theta level is normally associated with recall,  fantasy, imagery,
creativity, inspiration, future planning, dreaming, switching thoughts, and
drowsiness.
3-8 Theta - deep relaxation, meditation, increased memory, focus,
creativity, lucid dreaming, Hypnagogic state.
3.0 Increased reaction time. (40)
3.1 13th harmonic of 40-Hz
3.3 12th harmonic of 40-Hz
3.4 Sound sleep.
3.5 Oneness, language learning, earth resonance (40)
3.5 Feeling of unity with everything, accelerated language retention (24)
3.5 Enhancement of receptivity (16)
4.5 Premature baby response time (latency). (41)
4-6 attitude and behavior change (17)
4-6 Out-of-body experiences. (40)
4-7 THETA Near sleep brain waves that are conducive to profound inner peace,
"mystical truths", transforming unconsciously held limiting beliefs,
physical and emotional healing, purpose of life exploration, a "live in
quality" ... characterized by a "kind of knowing that feels like" inner
wisdom, faith, meditation, some psychic abilities, and retrieving
unconscious material (18)
4-7 Theta: recall, fantasy, imagery, creativity, planning, dreaming,
switching thoughts, Zen meditation, drowsiness.
4-7 Meditation, Intuitive Augmentation.
4-7 Theta waves are associated with bursts of inspiration, creativity,
twilight-sleep learning, deep relaxation, reverie, high levels of awareness,
and vivid mental Imagery. They are Hypnopompic, and Hypnagogic (just before
and just after sleep). Advanced Zen meditators can move from Alpha to Theta
when in a trance as can biofeedback experts. Brain wave synchronization
allows the user to reach these states without any special training or
aptitude. (23)
4-8 Theta Found in states of deep relaxation, theta activity is also
associated with bursts of creative insight, twilight ("sleep") learning and
vivid mental imagery. It is also found in more advanced meditators. (37)
4-8 While this range is rather small, a difference of 1 or 2-Hz in this zone
is very noticeable, as it is proportionately much larger than it would be in
the beta or alpha range. This pattern is associated with deep unconscious
imagery, and thus creativity, as the person drops into a state of drowsiness
and near-sleep. (37)
4-8 THETA. Access to subconscious images, deep mediation, reduced Blood
pressure, said to cure addictions. Theta seems to trigger the sudden
reliving or vivid remembering of long-forgotten childhood memories. One
explanation for this link between theta and childhood is that, while adults
rarely produce theta, children are in a theta state most of the time--up to
the age of six or beyond, children produce mostly theta waves, and then the
amount of theta progressively decreases as the child grows into adulthood.
In other words, children spend most of their time in what we adults would
call a trance-like, altered state of consciousness, and one that is
extremely open and receptive, highly conducive to the learning of new
information and the creation of memories.
   In recent years a large number of scientific studies have explored a
phenomenon called "state bound" or "state dependent" learning. In essence,
they have found that things experienced in one state (of consciousness) are
far more easily remembered later when we are once again in that same state.
Things learned when we're happy are remembered best when we're happy, what
we learn when cold is remembered best when we're cold, and so on.
4-12 Skeletal muscle resonances. (40)
4.0 10th harmonic of 40-Hz
4.0 Associated with object naming, an important aspect of memory. (49)
4.0 Lowest frequency for brainwave entrainment. "However, when the stimulus
is repeated continuously above 4-Hz, the brain begins to "resonate" with the
stream of stimuli and the resultant brainwave response is of the same
frequency as the stimuli." (10)
4.0 According to Cavanagh (1972), Theta at 4-Hz corresponds to a full memory
search. Theta, then, like Alpha, is a scanning frequency. Cavanagh began by
compiling a number of studies dealing with different classes of stimuli
(digits, colors, letters, words, geometrical shapes, random forms, and
nonsense symbols). Each class of stimuli was found to have a characteristic
reaction time. However, he found a constant of 243.2 ms when multiplying the
reaction time for a single item by the maximum number of items in a given
class. This indicated that each item class was scanned at a different speed,
but that scanning of the full memory is always executed at a speed of 4-Hz.
4.0 Enkephalin's; Extrasensory perception; Encephalin production  (16)
4.0 Reduction in levels of exhaustion. Those who suffer from Chronic Fatigue
exhaust very easily. When moved to 4-Hz these individuals showed marked
improvement in the length of time between the occurrence of exhaustion after
certain exercises were completed (25)(38)
4.5-6.5 Wakeful dreaming, vivid images (40)
4.4 9th harmonic of 40-Hz
4.5 Shamanic State of Consciousness.(39)
4.5 Tibetan Buddhist chants (39)
4.9 Theta brain wave.
4.9 Introspection. (40)
5-10 Relaxation.
5.0 8th harmonic of 40-Hz
5.0 Learning. (40)
5.0 Unusual problem solving (24)
5.0 In one study ...

read more »

Completely OT: a possible real working honest to goodness cure for hangovers

Post by Chris Brizo » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:37:26

It does sound skeptical I know what you mean, my first thought was "this is
like being told there's a cheat for real life that gives you extra energy"
but it is genuine, the headache one does work, and I found a list of what
most frequencies deal with, its kinda like the brain's internal language, by
playing certain frequencies your brain slowly begins to "copy" them. The
headache cure, the help with learning, the benefits for dyslexia are all
nifty side effects I didn't know about. I was after the ones that made
people feel a certain way, which if played in a scary animated film would
help add to the effect. Thing is, that worked too, and twice now I've tried
it

First time: set it up so it would relax me, then over the course of 40
minutes or so change to a frequency linked with "seeing" things and a
feeling of dread and being watched. It worked, I was becoming really calm
then started to
become very nervous and had a feeling of something next to me. There wasn't
anything there but the effect worked as I'd hoped. But I didn't actually
"see" anything this time round

Second time: last night, and really scared the shit out of me. Similar
experiment as before, this time I set it up to gradually put me into a
sleeping / drowsy state, then a low level frequency to come in that would
give the above effect. I'd curled up in my chair and was begining to get
tired, started again to have this feeling of something being in the room
with me, then just as the frequency made a big change I could have sworn I
saw someone/something stood at the other end of the room via the reflection
in the TV screen (switched off) from what I can discribe, it was a tallish
figure, in black, what appeared to be a hairless head and large mouth, kinda
there but not there... A lot like many reports of ghosts people think they
see. And it was a fair test, I'd not had anything to drink, hadn't taken any
* so nothing was influencing me

Doesn't sound that bad, but the feeling you
get really shits you up. Once I calmed down and had a coffee I was well
happy it had worked, there's so many things you could do with this stuff,
from good... to
bad *wicked grin*

Something else to remember, if your in a hotel room and its got a faulty air
conditioning unit, the fan is sending out a frequency of its own, sometimes
people report they feel unwell, and its usually things like that, same with
computers and the noises those make, on a subconsious level they can have
big effects on how someone feels.. Actually something just occured to me.
I've found when I use my airbrush I find it theraputic, that could be
something to do with the frequency the compressor is creating, aswell as the
vibrations from the compressor / airbrush.

I'd try it with the migraine's Jeff, while mine aren't classed as Migraines
(they stem from injuries from a few years ago apparantly) I'd imagine that
the least that will happen is they should help ease the pain. My sister gets
migraines sometimes so I know that anything that might help is a good thing.
Worth trying since its free.. Or if you've got CoolPro I think that can do
it

--

Sincerely

Chris Brizon
Managing Director: Hades Animation Studios
www.hades-studios.com

(remove "yourinhibitions" to reply)
--

> > you ve been experimenting with lsd havent you?  :-)

> I think Briz has gone well beyond the point of experimenting.  ;-)

> I do understand where he's coming from though...  I suffer from migraines,
very bad
> ones that is.  I have occasionally had migraines that get so bad that I
actually
> black out.  No doctor has ever had an answer for me other than "thousands
of people
> suffer from these the world over".  And I gave up trying out any drug
prescribed by
> the doctor and most other methods as nothing worked and often the
treatment was
> just as bad as the symptom in many ways.  Most migraine medicines are
pretty bad
> for you...  It would be analogous to taking a pill to stop a runny nose,
but that
> pill is known to cause rectal bleeding.

> Then again, in the case of a hangover, it's self-inflicted.

> I'm kinda skeptical about this sound wave thing, but I'll check it out.

> --
> - Jeff Kilgroe
> - Applied Visual Technologies | DarkScience
> - www.appliedvisual.com

1. Media Studio V2.5 video editor and Krunch-It 2000 problems- possible cure

I've spent months and months (er.. years) trying to master 2.5VE and
my Krunch-it 200 card! I think I've just about got there.....
I started off with a P133,32Mb Hx board and a WD 3.1 Gig drive and now
I've got a K6 255,96Mb Tx board and IBM 6 gig drive.........!!!!!!!!

The Ulead help files are pathetically flimsy about how best to set up
windows properly, probably cause there is a certain amount of trial
and error.
It still is'nt perfect but I use the free! (trial) v5.0 video capture
program because I can start and stop recording manually, an option not
available on 2.5 . Seems to work a bit better too.

What I found squirreled away in a text file on my Krunch-it driver
disc really helped.....

Add the following to the end of your windows/system.ini file if it
does'nt already exist.

[Vcache]
MaxFileCache=4096

Also in the depths of one of the help files I found the following
suggestion. In the Windows Ulead32.ini file add.

[DataRate]
Tolerance=10

I upped it to 20 just to be sure!

Well now it nearly works like it should!!!!

I can capture and play at max data rate (2.5Mb/s) with CD quality
sound and with only a very occasional dropped frame!
After a while it still starts to mis-behave and a reboot is still the
only cure....Oh well !!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope someone benefits from this....Who knows, it could certainly
help some of the dolts at Diamond Tech support!!!!!!!!!!!

Dominic

Dont forget to remove the killspam bit in my return address if you
want to reach me!

2. Array->BITMAP(Display/Save/Print)

3. Miracle Herbal Smoking Cure 100% guaranteed to work

4. Cameras

5. Completely OT: Had the baby.

6. OT: Completely Off Topic - CD-RW Comments?

7. Completely OT: Any help is appreciated

8. completely OT: theme song to Ed

9. Completely OT but funny

10. Completely OT and quite disturbing....Microsoft related.

11. Learn to Make $$$FAST CASH$$$ With Honest Work