spline draw problem

Post by Thomas Metschk » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 04:11:52

hi guys got a problem with the spline draw tool in lightwave ... i draw
the outline of an image with it now i want to freeze it but lw says "A
single polygone cannot have more than 1023 vertices" - what to do now i
would brake it down with the knife tool but its still a curve

thanks for your help

spline draw problem

Post by Fish » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 05:50:01

Split the spline by selecting a point and the spline and then hit Ctr+L or
set the Curve Divisions to "coarse" in the  Display Options. This way
modeler
will create less points for the curve. Strangely enough you can't use the
knife
tool on a curve, just like a lot of other tools.

grtz,

Fish
http://www.toonafish.nl

> hi guys got a problem with the spline draw tool in lightwave ... i draw
> the outline of an image with it now i want to freeze it but lw says "A
> single polygone cannot have more than 1023 vertices" - what to do now i
> would brake it down with the knife tool but its still a curve

> thanks for your help

spline draw problem

Post by Thomas Metschk » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 05:13:25

Fish schrieb:

> Split the spline by selecting a point and the spline and then hit Ctr+L or
> set the Curve Divisions to "coarse" in the  Display Options. This way
> modeler
> will create less points for the curve. Strangely enough you can't use the
> knife
> tool on a curve, just like a lot of other tools.

> grtz,

> Fish
> http://www.toonafish.nl

>>hi guys got a problem with the spline draw tool in lightwave ... i draw
>>the outline of an image with it now i want to freeze it but lw says "A
>>single polygone cannot have more than 1023 vertices" - what to do now i
>>would brake it down with the knife tool but its still a curve

>>thanks for your help

thanks for this work around ... it worked ... but if anyone know another
way feel free to post it - i am curious if there are other ways too

thanks again

spline draw problem

Post by Tesselato » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 05:18:24

Quote:> >>hi guys got a problem with the spline draw tool in lightwave ... i draw
> >>the outline of an image with it now i want to freeze it but lw says "A
> >>single polygone cannot have more than 1023 vertices" - what to do now i
> >>would brake it down with the knife tool but its still a curve

> >>thanks for your help
> > Split the spline by selecting a point and the spline and then hit Ctr+L or
> > set the Curve Divisions to "coarse" in the  Display Options. This way
> > modeler
> > will create less points for the curve. Strangely enough you can't use the
> > knife
> > tool on a curve, just like a lot of other tools.
> thanks for this work around ... it worked ... but if anyone know another
> way feel free to post it - i am curious if there are other ways too

> thanks again

Isn't that one of the "limits" defined in the config files?

spline draw problem

Post by Fish » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:49:01

Actualy it is not a workaround, it's the way it works. If you want
more control over splines and more tools, do a search for "splines" on
*. There are a lot of free plugins available.

grtz,

Fish
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Quote:

> thanks for this work around ... it worked ... but if anyone know another
> way feel free to post it - i am curious if there are other ways too

> thanks again

spline draw problem

Post by Thomas Metschk » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 01:12:06

Fish schrieb:

Quote:> Actualy it is not a workaround, it's the way it works. If you want
> more control over splines and more tools, do a search for "splines" on
>*. There are a lot of free plugins available.

> grtz,

> Fish
> http://www.veryComputer.com/

>> thanks for this work around ... it worked ... but if anyone know
>> another way feel free to post it - i am curious if there are other
>> ways too

>> thanks again

it is not ... if so its quite unconfortable ... and i dont found
anything in the configs acording to max vertices = 1023 / 1024 ... seams
to be an internal limit ... i will check* ... :) although i already
finished the stuff now ... :) bye

spline draw problem

Post by Seattle Eri » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 02:06:08

    The 1024 points-in-a-polygon limit (lower than an older limit, the
bastards) is TMK hardcoded.  Really blows.

    The >number< of lights, cameras, and objects are separately limited by
parameters in the .cfg files.

> Fish schrieb:
> > Actualy it is not a workaround, it's the way it works. If you want
> > more control over splines and more tools, do a search for "splines" on
> >*. There are a lot of free plugins available.

> > grtz,

> > Fish
> > http://www.veryComputer.com/

> >> thanks for this work around ... it worked ... but if anyone know
> >> another way feel free to post it - i am curious if there are other
> >> ways too

> >> thanks again

> it is not ... if so its quite unconfortable ... and i dont found
> anything in the configs acording to max vertices = 1023 / 1024 ... seams
> to be an internal limit ... i will check* ... :) although i already
> finished the stuff now ... :) bye

**  Look!  There's ARAT in the middle of "separate"!

spline draw problem

Post by Tesselato » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 07:12:00

>     The 1024 points-in-a-polygon limit (lower than an older limit, the
> bastards) is TMK hardcoded.  Really blows.

>     The >number< of lights, cameras, and objects are separately limited by
> parameters in the .cfg files.

   :-/   Oh sorry...  I guess I blew chunks on that one...

spline draw problem

Post by Larry Snide » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:14:50

Quote:> >     The 1024 points-in-a-polygon limit (lower than an older limit, the
> > bastards) is TMK hardcoded.  Really blows.

> >     The >number< of lights, cameras, and objects are separately limited
by
> > parameters in the .cfg files.

>    :-/   Oh sorry...  I guess I blew chunks on that one...

And you almost hit me!  ;-)

1. Help, conic/conic, conic/spline, spline/spline, intersections?

Hi,

My math is a bit (quite a bit?) rusty. I need to calculate the
intersections of two conics, in 2D, of the general form:

        ax^2 + 2bxy + cy^2 + dx +ey +f = 0

If it makes it easier one of the conics can be in the form:

        x^2/b^2 + y^2/a^2 = 1

I would just adjust the one conic so its position remains the same
relative to the other. I am primarily interested in ellipses if this
makes the problem easier.

Also, does anyone know of any reference material on intersecting
conics, B-splines, and nth degree Bezier curves with one another?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
--
Andrew
Ditek International Inc.

2. cubeview

3. Incremental algorithm for drawing quad. splines

4. Plugin Manager Help

5. Spline drawing code...

6. Transparent bitmaps?

7. constraining while drawing splines - max

8. freehand drawing ; antialiased cardinal spline

9. 3D splines drawing algorithm

10. drawing cubic splines curves

11. Fast spline drawing needed !!!

12. Drawing circle with quadric splines