Round edges?

Post by Commander Ston » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

How can I apply round edges to my models?
I want to make a box or maybe an outline shape and extrude this outline
and then make round edges like in real world. Is there an easy way to
achieve this??
Thanks in advance for any help
Kai

Round edges?

Post by T P » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Poly Edge Shaper. It does wonders. It's part of the plugins that come with
Lightwave.

--
Please remove "NOSPAM" from address for any replies.
Thanks.

Quote:> How can I apply round edges to my models?
> I want to make a box or maybe an outline shape and extrude this outline
> and then make round edges like in real world. Is there an easy way to
> achieve this??
> Thanks in advance for any help
> Kai

Round edges?

Post by Ivan Smit » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

One an Only Software also make the MacroForm Plugins for Modeler which has a
make box plugin. It allows specification of the dimensions in real sizing
(ie you say you want a 1 X 1 X 1M Box located at 0,0,0 instead of -500mm,
500mm etc.)

It's default is to do rounded edged boxes.

I love it.

Ivan

> Poly Edge Shaper. It does wonders. It's part of the plugins that come with
> Lightwave.

> --
> Please remove "NOSPAM" from address for any replies.
> Thanks.
> -TP

> > How can I apply round edges to my models?
> > I want to make a box or maybe an outline shape and extrude this outline
> > and then make round edges like in real world. Is there an easy way to
> > achieve this??
> > Thanks in advance for any help
> > Kai

Round edges?

Post by Exceptio » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

just bevel twice or more, depending howmuch detail you want.
you might considder first beveling with 100% shift, 0% inset,
and gradually go to 0% shift, 0% inset, this way you'll get a low-poly
to high poly (dep. on homuch detail you want) curve.

Goodluck,
Tom

> How can I apply round edges to my models?
> I want to make a box or maybe an outline shape and extrude this outline
> and then make round edges like in real world. Is there an easy way to
> achieve this??
> Thanks in advance for any help
> Kai

Round edges?

Post by Commander Ston » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hmm......that doesnt work. I only get some strange shaped boxes I dont want.

I tried some different settings. What am I doing wrong??
Kai
T P schrieb:

> Poly Edge Shaper. It does wonders. It's part of the plugins that come with
> Lightwave.

> --
> Please remove "NOSPAM" from address for any replies.
> Thanks.
> -TP

> > How can I apply round edges to my models?
> > I want to make a box or maybe an outline shape and extrude this outline
> > and then make round edges like in real world. Is there an easy way to
> > achieve this??
> > Thanks in advance for any help
> > Kai

Round edges?

Post by Commander Ston » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I dont have that plug-in. What does it cost??
Kai

Ivan Smith schrieb:

> One an Only Software also make the MacroForm Plugins for Modeler which has a
> make box plugin. It allows specification of the dimensions in real sizing
> (ie you say you want a 1 X 1 X 1M Box located at 0,0,0 instead of -500mm,
> 500mm etc.)

> It's default is to do rounded edged boxes.

> I love it.

> Ivan

> > Poly Edge Shaper. It does wonders. It's part of the plugins that come with
> > Lightwave.

> > --
> > Please remove "NOSPAM" from address for any replies.
> > Thanks.
> > -TP

> > > How can I apply round edges to my models?
> > > I want to make a box or maybe an outline shape and extrude this outline
> > > and then make round edges like in real world. Is there an easy way to
> > > achieve this??
> > > Thanks in advance for any help
> > > Kai

Round edges?

Post by Commander Ston » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

This is doing well. It is an easy and fast way to do it.
Thx a bunch
Kai

Exception schrieb:

> just bevel twice or more, depending howmuch detail you want.
> you might considder first beveling with 100% shift, 0% inset,
> and gradually go to 0% shift, 0% inset, this way you'll get a low-poly
> to high poly (dep. on homuch detail you want) curve.

> Goodluck,
> Tom

> > How can I apply round edges to my models?
> > I want to make a box or maybe an outline shape and extrude this outline
> > and then make round edges like in real world. Is there an easy way to
> > achieve this??
> > Thanks in advance for any help
> > Kai

Round edges?

Post by Dean Sco » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I want to make a box or maybe an outline shape and extrude this outline
> and then make round edges like in real world. Is there an easy way to
> achieve this??

Easy and you already have it.  Make your box or other shaped object.
In Objects->Custom select LScript and hunt for ROUTER.LS in your
/plugins/modeler/lscript folder.  Enter desired inset (width) and
shift (depth) values (you can enter "5mm" for example), set how
many steps to get there (default is 5 which is good), and leave
the Yes button On for Route Around Corners? option.  Select No
if you have only one poly selected as it will then compensate
for the curvature of the bevel so that it smoothes in nicely
to adjacent sides (only looks good when those other sides are
90 deg perpendicular, that is, a box).

               Dean A. Scott is:
          S I L I C O N    M A G I C
          http://www.tir.com/~dscott

Round edges?

Post by William L » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

wow! i didn't know these goodies were already there!
i also would really like some filleting functions like those found in
CAD software. this isn't quite like that, but you get instant funky
effects ;)

thanks!

--

Please remove the X in the e-mail address when replying.
___________________________

van holsteijn en kemna BV
research.design.engineering
netherlands.belgium
___________________________

1. Rounding edges with Poly Edge Shaper plug in

I've tried using it with various settings, but the results are always odd.
I've included an attachment showing the result of the plugin applied to a
box.
Do I have to use the plugin on each ploy separately or something?

Thanks for any help.

2. WIJ ONTWERPEN NU VOOR FL 200,- EEN COMPLETE WEBSITE VOOR U!

3. Rendering rounded edges in Bryce 3d?

4. M&M 2000

5. Rounded edges ?

6. Problems with setString()

7. Rounded edges on box

8. Contour tracing by piecewise linear approx.

9. displacement round edges

10. Rectangles with rounded edges

11. Rounding Edges of Selection

12. Rounded edges in PS 4.0