HELP, Inside LW 6, Chap 14 exercise 14.3

HELP, Inside LW 6, Chap 14 exercise 14.3

Post by Max Glic » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 00:36:51

I'm doing the Cycler and ChannelFollower Tutorial for the Z77 landing gears
and its not working.

I set up all the ChannelFollower settings and everything works fine for the
30 frame animation, then when I get to the Cycler part in exercise 14.3
things go wrong.

I can compress the animation fine running forwards or backwards with in the
30 frames in which the keyframes are set, or leave the "Landing_Gear_Cycle"
null at 0 or 1 and keep the gears up or down, but at frame 30 the gears are
always down.  But I cannot expand the animation beyond the set 30 frames.
No matter where the "Landing_Gear_Cycle" null is positioned the gears always
jump to the down state at frame 30.

After frame 30 in the animation moving the "Landing_Gear_Cycle" null has no
effect on the gears either.  So when I set the "Landing_Gear_Cycle" null to
move from 0 to 1 over 60 frames the gears move half way then at frame 30
jump to their final position.

I also opened the Z77 final scene to look at its setup but when I played the
animation the landing gears never retracted.

Can anyone offer any insight into this?

Also, how do you remove plugins?  I looked in the lws config but did not see
a plugin list like there was in 5.

Thanks

--
max.glick  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
http://www.fullburner.com - - - - - -

HELP, Inside LW 6, Chap 14 exercise 14.3

Post by Dan Abla » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 14:28:01

I'll contact Jarrod Davis - he wrote that Chapter, and see what's up.

Thanks,
Dan

Quote:> I'm doing the Cycler and ChannelFollower Tutorial for the Z77 landing
gears
> and its not working.

> I set up all the ChannelFollower settings and everything works fine for
the
> 30 frame animation, then when I get to the Cycler part in exercise 14.3
> things go wrong.

> I can compress the animation fine running forwards or backwards with in
the
> 30 frames in which the keyframes are set, or leave the

"Landing_Gear_Cycle"
Quote:> null at 0 or 1 and keep the gears up or down, but at frame 30 the gears