ScreamerNet and a single frame?

Post by Steve Da » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

How does ScreamerNet divide rendering jobs, can it divide the rendering of a
single large (print res.) frame/image across multiple nodes?

TIA

Steve Day
Linear Designs

ScreamerNet and a single frame?

Post by Todd Widu » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I remember seeing something on* about a plugin that divides it up, not
sure what the name was.

Todd Widup

Post by Ivan Smit » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I don't think so. Only multiple frames across multiple machines.

Ivan

Quote:> How does ScreamerNet divide rendering jobs, can it divide the rendering of
> single large (print res.) frame/image across multiple nodes?

> TIA

> Steve Day
> Linear Designs

ScreamerNet and a single frame?

Post by Jack *Deuce* Bennett I » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

It's called LW_Stripe and is $40.  Intel only, Win95/98 and NT.  Alpha users
FX!32.
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Written by a member of my user group.

> I remember seeing something on* about a plugin that divides it up, not
> sure what the name was.

> Todd Widup

> >I don't think so. Only multiple frames across multiple machines.

> >Ivan

> >> How does ScreamerNet divide rendering jobs, can it divide the rendering
> of
> >> single large (print res.) frame/image across multiple nodes?

> >> TIA

> >> Steve Day
> >> Linear Designs

             Jack Bennett II
       Creative Imagineering, Inc.

Organizer of the DFW Lightwave User Group
       email for more information

LW FAQ:   http://www.veryComputer.com/
webpage:      http://www.veryComputer.com/

            ICQ: 28509570

1. screamernet II single directory...?

Newtek,

I just set up my Screamernet II and would like to ask if there is a way
to save "all files" in a scene to a common directory or are you going to
fix Screamernet II so we don't have to have all files in a common
directory?  Did I miss something?...correct me with a proper
method...please.

Also, when saving to a AVI using Screamernet II...how do you choose a
CODEC? What am I doing wrong?

Later, Paul(Z-AXYS)
http://home1.gte.net/zaxys/index.html

2. Windows NT 4 Serivce Pack 6 and Acceleration with Voodoo Graphics.

3. Getting ScreamerNet Frames to PAR in Order

4. New OpenGL demo (or program).

5. Screamernet renders 60x the same frame

6. Getting started in lo poly modeling

7. single frame from avi file (movie) (video)

8. max3 upgrade question

9. Split Motion jpeg into single frames ?

10. MOV to single frames?

11. Video Recorders with single frame step/record

12. Recording single frames on VCR

13. Single Frame Recording