Lightwave 5.5/Lightwave 6 ?

Post by Nell.. » Sun, 10 Sep 2000 10:55:06

I'm taking some animation courses at a local
college which has Lightwave 6.   I have an
opportunity to get a copy of Lightwave 5.5 for a
good price.  If I dot the 5.5 version, could I add
objects I'd made at home with 5.5 to my school
projects in version 6? (both are Windows format).

Advise greatly appreciated....

Lightwave 5.5/Lightwave 6 ?

Post by Eric S » Sun, 10 Sep 2000 12:21:12

Yup.   :)

-- Eric S.

> I'm taking some animation courses at a local
> college which has Lightwave 6.   I have an
> opportunity to get a copy of Lightwave 5.5 for a
> good price.  If I dot the 5.5 version, could I add
> objects I'd made at home with 5.5 to my school
> projects in version 6? (both are Windows format).

> Advise greatly appreciated....

Lightwave 5.5/Lightwave 6 ?

Post by VideoTip » Mon, 11 Sep 2000 20:40:00

Ligthwave 6 is so different than 5.6... I would look for a student discount
version of 6.

> Yup.   :)

> -- Eric S.

Quote:

> > I'm taking some animation courses at a local
> > college which has Lightwave 6.   I have an
> > opportunity to get a copy of Lightwave 5.5 for a
> > good price.  If I dot the 5.5 version, could I add
> > objects I'd made at home with 5.5 to my school
> > projects in version 6? (both are Windows format).

> > Advise greatly appreciated....

Lightwave 5.5/Lightwave 6 ?

Post by Eric S » Tue, 12 Sep 2000 00:46:49

The question was "could I add objects I'd made at home with 5.5 to my school
projects in version 6?"  The answer is still yes.  Regardless of how
different they are, if he bought Lightwave 5.6 he could take the objects
built at home and use them at school.  He said he could get 5.5 at a good
price, I say go for it.  He can upgrade to [6] later if he feels the need.

-- Eric S.

> Ligthwave 6 is so different than 5.6... I would look for a student
discount
> version of 6.

> > Yup.   :)

> > -- Eric S.

> > > I'm taking some animation courses at a local
> > > college which has Lightwave 6.   I have an
> > > opportunity to get a copy of Lightwave 5.5 for a
> > > good price.  If I dot the 5.5 version, could I add
> > > objects I'd made at home with 5.5 to my school
> > > projects in version 6? (both are Windows format).

> > > Advise greatly appreciated....

Lightwave 5.5/Lightwave 6 ?

Post by ethan fo » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 03:22:27

Yes.

...And "dotted" versions work especially well for that.

Ethan Fox

> I'm taking some animation courses at a local
> college which has Lightwave 6.   I have an
> opportunity to get a copy of Lightwave 5.5 for a
> good price.  If I dot the 5.5 version, could I add
> objects I'd made at home with 5.5 to my school
> projects in version 6? (both are Windows format).

> Advise greatly appreciated....

Lightwave 5.5/Lightwave 6 ?

Post by Alex » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 02:28:33

You can import (load) 5.6 objects directly.
How ever you will need to export the objects into Lw5.6 format from LW6 as
there is extra info incorporated into the mesh that will not load into LW5.6

Hope that this helps.
Alex B

> I'm taking some animation courses at a local
> college which has Lightwave 6.   I have an
> opportunity to get a copy of Lightwave 5.5 for a
> good price.  If I dot the 5.5 version, could I add
> objects I'd made at home with 5.5 to my school
> projects in version 6? (both are Windows format).

> Advise greatly appreciated....

Lightwave 5.5/Lightwave 6 ?

Post by Ralph Messan » Fri, 20 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Yes you could.

> I'm taking some animation courses at a local
> college which has Lightwave 6.   I have an
> opportunity to get a copy of Lightwave 5.5 for a
> good price.  If I dot the 5.5 version, could I add
> objects I'd made at home with 5.5 to my school
> projects in version 6? (both are Windows format).

> Advise greatly appreciated....

1. Lies about Lightwave and Me ( was ) Brock Lee [ Lightwave 5.5 ]

Dear Group,

    I just returned home from a business trip. I subscribed to this
newsgroup because I want to know as much about "Lightwave" as I can. I am
planning to purchase the latest version as soon as possible, likely within
about 3 weeks.
    Well, to the matter at hand. I am royally pissed with my roommate. He
has obviously been posting without my consent. I thought I had taken the
proper precautions before I left to insure that my system was safe. But
evidently, I was mistaken. When I got back, I opened my Browser to read the
mail in my Inbox and saw that the newsgroup was red. I know what that means.
According to my color scheme, a thread was being watched. I don't recall
marking any threads to be watched before I left town, so I opened up this
newsgroup to see what was marked. Low and behold, the bastard was using my
account and name to post lies about me and now I am being forced to try to
recover what I can.
    Based upon the responses to his maliciousness and the replies he has
given I can only surmise that this notice will be taken as another of his
attempt to backpedaled. I am sure his attempts to backpedaled stem from his
concern over my reaction to his post here and the consequences that have
resulted because of them.  I would like to assure each of you that I do not
have Lightwave installed on my PC. I never had it installed. And until I can
purchase it legitimately, I won't install it. I do however have a legally
installed 3D program and I'm enjoying it until I can purchase Lightwave. As
I understand it, the TV series Babylon5 used Lightwave for the ships and
space scenes. Or at least that is what I've heard said.
    I do hope that all of those whom my roommate has offended will not hold
me responsible for his actions. I have taken the steps necessary to insure
that this does not happen again. The next time I go out of town I am taking
the CPU with me. I'd like to see him get on the PC and screw around without
that!
    Now I must send this so I can get in contact with the good folks at
Newtek. Damn! I hate it when things like this happen. Tomorrow, I'm getting
his ass evicted. I don't need this kind of crap.
    Thanks to you all. And again, Sorry this happened.   William Mitkelson
CyberArt 3D ?1990

2. Find out filformat in Blob ?

3. Lightwave 5.6 Lightwave 5.6 Lightwave 5.6 Lightwave 5.6

4. way of recording sounds

5. Lightwave 5.5 - loop problem....

6. Changing ListViewRow colours...OK, subitem colours NOT OK...

7. Cinema 4D XL vs Lightwave 5.5

8. very bad experience with logozine.com

9. Problems settinUp LightWave 5.5

10. WTB: Lightwave 3d 5.5 or 5.0

11. !!Lightwave 5.0 SGI Ver + free upgrade to 5.5 !!!!