Model Translators

Post by tower » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 01:35:20

I have a .lwo building that I want to render in Lightscape.  I can import
3ds files in Lightscape so I tried converting
the model with  InterChange 4.0 but it lost all my surfaces ( the whole
building became one color).  Same thing happens when the building was
brought into a friends 3d Studio.   Is there an inexpensive translator
available that will retain my surfaces in .3ds or DXF?   Thanks, Gene

Model Translators

Post by Ma3r » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 02:52:05

Why not use the translators LightScape already has?  They're either on the
CD or can be D/Led from the web site.  Instead of a single object though,
you import the LW scene.  It only supports one layer of texture though and
no procedurals.

M.

Quote:> I have a .lwo building that I want to render in Lightscape.  I can import
> 3ds files in Lightscape so I tried converting
> the model with  InterChange 4.0 but it lost all my surfaces ( the whole
> building became one color).  Same thing happens when the building was
> brought into a friends 3d Studio.   Is there an inexpensive translator
> available that will retain my surfaces in .3ds or DXF?   Thanks, Gene

1. ANNOUNCE: "PolyTrans" 3d model translator now supports POV 3.0

-- "PolyTrans" Now Supports POV 3.0 File Format --

This is a short announcement to inform POV 2.0/3.0 users that Okino's
"PolyTrans" 3D model translation (& viewing) software has been updated
support the revised POV 3.0 file format. Specifically, this translator
will
convert 3DS, Alias .tri, DXF, IGES, Imagine, Lightwave, SLP, STL, Strata
StudioPro, trueSpace, USGS DEM, VistaPro and Wavefront to a "render
ready"
POV 2.0/3.0 file. The next release (end of October) will support 3DMF,
DirectX (+ many options) and SoftImage. All of Okino's translators are
_complete_ implementations of their respective file formats, including
the
handling of all material attributes, texture projection methods, texture
references and the matching of all parameters between the input and
output
formats. Each import translator can also accommodate huge input files
with
ease which is particular important for the DXF, USGS DEM and Wavefront
readers.

More information and downloadable demos for Windows, DOS, SGI and SUN
are
available at http://www.okino.com (follow the "Software Products"
links).

Robert C. Lansdale
Okino Computer Graphics

   Robert C. Lansdale           Okino Computer Graphics, Inc.

   Tel: (905) 672-9328          Mississauga, Ontario. L4V 1H1
   FAX: (905) 672-2706          http://www.okino.com

NuGraf Rendering System for Windows (http://www.okino.com/nrs/nrs.htm)
PolyTrans 3D Model Translator (http://www.okino.com/conv/conv.htm)
NuGraf Developer's 3D Toolkit (http://www.okino.com/toolkit/toolkit.htm)

2. File Associations

3. model format translators

4. converting avi or gifs or bmps to mov

5. IRIS RGB Translator

6. Help.Favicons are not showing...

7. Announce: Iv2Rib - Inventor to Renderman Translator

8. soap bubble

9. ANNOUNCE: Iv2POV - Inventor (VRML 1.0) to POV Translator

10. Looking for PowerPoint JPEG translator

11. CGM->DXF translators needed

12. Inventor (VRML) to Rayshade Translator

13. Claris Extend Translators