Lightwave Vs 3DS MAX Vs truespace

Post by Rust » Tue, 05 May 1998 04:00:00

I was wondering if I could get some input from some users of Lightwave about
how it stacks up compaired to 3D Studio Max and truespace. I have used both
truespace and 3D Studio Max but not Lightwave. I like truespace but, it's
slow and crashes a lot. I like the preformance of 3D Studio Max but it's
sooo expensive. Lightwave looks like it might be a good alternative to
truespace. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Post by ..iDiOTeKk. » Tue, 05 May 1998 04:00:00

> I was wondering if I could get some input from some users of Lightwave about
> how it stacks up compaired to 3D Studio Max and truespace. I have used both
> truespace and 3D Studio Max but not Lightwave. I like truespace but, it's
> slow and crashes a lot. I like the preformance of 3D Studio Max but it's
> sooo expensive. Lightwave looks like it might be a good alternative to
> truespace. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

 I'm a beginner so my answer is based on my 2 weeks  learning of LW5.5.
I was working earlier on max 1.2 , i  think that max have better plugin
interface, its easier there, but it have worse texture
manipulation.In lw its easy to select which polygons i want to have a different
tex.
I dont know much about the animation, but it looks almost the same as in 3dsmax.

thats all

idiotek

--

http://friko3.onet.pl/wa/idiotek

Lightwave Vs 3DS MAX Vs truespace

Post by Jorge Gordita » Tue, 05 May 1998 04:00:00

Give me all three packages, and I'd still use Lightwave...

--
Death Metal Music Association: http://www.blackplague.org/dmma/
KCUF: http://www.kcuf.org

What is Gortician,
but only an excuse for noise.
Death brings blissful relief - M.Bemis

Quote:> I was wondering if I could get some input from some users of Lightwave
about
> how it stacks up compaired to 3D Studio Max and truespace. I have used
both
> truespace and 3D Studio Max but not Lightwave. I like truespace but, it's
> slow and crashes a lot. I like the preformance of 3D Studio Max but it's
> sooo expensive. Lightwave looks like it might be a good alternative to
> truespace. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Lightwave Vs 3DS MAX Vs truespace

Post by Jaso » Tue, 05 May 1998 04:00:00

I recently installed LW5.0 on my machine at work, and a coworker who uses
Truespace just about had to pick his jaw up off the floor when he saw what I
could do, compared to TrueSpace.  I haven't used TrueSpace since 1.0, but I
fled to LightWave as quickly as I could...

>I was wondering if I could get some input from some users of Lightwave
about
>how it stacks up compaired to 3D Studio Max and truespace. I have used both
>truespace and 3D Studio Max but not Lightwave. I like truespace but, it's
>slow and crashes a lot. I like the preformance of 3D Studio Max but it's
>sooo expensive. Lightwave looks like it might be a good alternative to
>truespace. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

1. art vs craft vs trade vs 3ds max plus a word on crack

"Art" is basically the the product of the human creative impulse -whether or
not the human creating considers themselves an "artist" or whether or not
they consider their creation to be "art".

"Art" -or creation- is generally better and more effective when the creator
takes the creative impulse seriously and works hard at refining and
mastering their creating process regardless of "talent".

"Talent" is secondary because if the creator truly refines their process
"style" will inevitably emerge.

2. Scan Line Algorithms

3. LightWave vs Truespace vs Image 3.5

4. algorithms for polyhedra

5. Truespace vs Lightwave and Max

6. texture bewilderment

7. Truespace vs Max and Lightwave

8. HIGH QUALITY INKJET PAPER

9. Pentium vs PII vs PP vs M1 vs K6 under Max

10. Req: Lightwave vs 3d Studio Max vs 3d Studio

11. Lightwave vs 3d Studio Max vs 3d Studio

12. 3DS MAX vs. Lightwave 5 Comparison

13. Lightwave VS 3ds MAX