Dynamic_Reality plugins don't render with multi-threading above 1 thread?

Post by Steve » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Dynamic_Reality plugins don't render with multi-threading above 1 thread.

Why?

1. Multi-Threading and Rendering Context on SGI Workstation

I am designing an OpenGL application on a dual Pentium II
450 MHz SGI Visual Workstation 320. My goal is to render
(double buffering) and read back a 640x480 pixel frame
buffer in real time (30 Hz max.). I know that the fastest
way to read the frame buffer with glReadPixels is to use the
extention format GL_UNSIGNED_INT_8_8_8_8_EXT. I also want to
take advantage of a multi-processor system, so my questions
are:

1. Is it possible to draw in the BACK buffer with one thread
and read the FRONT with another one at the same time?
1.1 If not Why?
1.2 Should I use only one rendering context for both threads
or one for each thread?

                Thanks in advance for your answer...

Remi Mathieu
CAE Electronics Ltd.
(450) 476-4345

2. HOW SO I SHOW THE MOUSE CURSOR IN 640X480X256 C INT 33 DONT WORK HELP-ME PLEASE

3. multi threaded fur rendering?

4. Need Frame Help

5. OpenGL scene rendering & multi-threading

6. Help: PM6.5 - Laserjet 5L

7. Help...What's Up With Multi-Threading?

8. Target gamma - confusion

9. Multi-threaded...Q's

10. Max R2 multi-threading/multi-session question

11. multi-threaded, multi-processor OI?

12. Multi-threading POV-Ray?

13. Multi-threaded POVRAY 3.1a