Lightwave and Bryce 3D objects

Post by nmos » Fri, 19 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi!!!

I was just wondering if anyone knows about any plugin or programe for
lightwave 5. in which I could use Brice 3D objects?

Thank you

This message was posted from a publc access PC
at the University of Bradford, United Kingdom

Lightwave and Bryce 3D objects

Post by Stardreame » Fri, 19 Nov 1999 04:00:00

The export of Bryce objects is built into Bryce4; and the import of other
file modes are built into lightwave.  You can make it compatible.

Peace & Prosperity

Stardreamer Michael Kaiser
http://area51a.nstate.net (Website and Nightly Free High-Res Textures)
http://www.cafepress.com/area51a/ (Area51a Store)
"Your only limit is your imagination" -M. Kaiser

Lightwave and Bryce 3D objects

Post by K.Matheso » Fri, 19 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hello!!!

This is possible without plug-ins using the latest version (4) of Bryce.

A function now exists in Bryce to export the models in a limited variety of
formats, of which LWO is one of them. The level of detail (polygon count)
can be set within a range using a sliding scale, and the image maps can also
exported along with it if you desire. Quite a useful feature indeed, as the
terrain modeling features of Bryce have always been appealing, but never the
rendering or image mapping engine. To me anyway.

regards,
Kent M

----------

> Hi!!!

> I was just wondering if anyone knows about any plugin or programe for
> lightwave 5. in which I could use Brice 3D objects?

> Thank you

> This message was posted from a publc access PC
> at the University of Bradford, United Kingdom

1. Rendering 3d studio/imported objects in Bryce 3D?

I'm playing with importing 3d Studio and Truespace meshes into Bryce
and rendering it from there.

However when I import any mesh object the entire object is treated as
a whole; I can't apply different textures to different areas of the
object, I have to contend with having the object totally uniform in
color and material.

Is there any way around this?

Please reply by email, thanks!

"He's a wildcard - Flies by the seat of his pants and is totally unpredictable."

2. FAQ re: this site

3. |paG-n??3D Studio Max, Lightwave, Bryce 3D ao?ΓΌ,

4. scanmaker E6

5. Does KPT BRYCE accept 3D objects from Strata...

6. How can I read older posts to this newsgroup ?

7. free 3d objects for Bryce3d - Bryce 4

8. NURBS - The best?

9. Bryce Contest - Win Bryce 3D

10. I need STAR WARS 3D objects for Lightwave 3D