CoolColJ's Post render Image Processor scene for LW 6

CoolColJ's Post render Image Processor scene for LW 6

Post by CoolCol » Sat, 07 Oct 2000 10:29:31

please see the binaries news group for it.

Very useful ^_^

--

CCJ

Check out my Artwork and  Music

My website --------> www.geocities.com/coolcolj

1. Has anyone done scene render comparisons with processors

Hallo and thanks for dropping by. I want to build a small render farm and am
wondering if anyone has any advise. I am running LW5.6 on NT

1) Is it better to run two single machines each with a single processor, or
run a single machine with twin processors?

2) I have done test with a Celeron 300 (note not a) overclocked to 450, and
in a Truespace3 rendered scene it was slower than my P233 mmx (note not
PII)! I did this when I happened to have a chance to borrow a Celeron, put
me off it for ever, until I started reading everyones tricks here

I need to get away spending as little as possible and am wondering if anyone
has actually rendered various scenes within LW with different processors and
recorded the results.

Ideally I would like to run a few dual Celeron machines. I did find the
Celeron (as I stated above) faster in certain other 3D packages however, but
not in rendering in Truespace3. I don't have access to a Celeron to play
with in rendering scenes in LW now. I hope someone has done some thorough
testing and can help me.

I want to use Celeron 366 processors as they are reasonably priced

Well thank you very much for all your assistance, it is most appreciated,
Shaun

Web site: http://www.buzz.co.za/shattered
Great downloads- animation video show reel and project examples :
http://www.buzz.co.za/shattered/mmedia.html

2. Printing Service

3. Why doesn't LW support multi processors?

4. Japanese Characters

5. don't 4get -n 2 when rendering with two processors

6. image file reader

7. Looking for someone to Render LW scenes for pay

8. IOCA format?

9. Problems with Scene from LW scene (crash)

10. Scene Soldier - LW Scene Management Utility - Info and Screen shots

11. Screamer Net won't render scenes with glow

12. can't render OpenGL scene while mouse button is down