IFF images on a PC

Post by Wil Dobso » Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I would like to start by saying that since subscribing to this news group
two weeks ago that I have learned to better utilize Lightwave, and I really
appreciate the information you more experienced Wavers are taking the time
to share. :)
The question I have is, How to make IFF images.
I have a PC running Win95 and NT.  My primary 2d graphic editor is
Photoshop 4, but it hasn't given me the oportunity to save anything in IFF
so that I may use them as surfaces.
Is there a plugin or another program better for this task?  Will Lightwave
5.0c accept another format?  I haven't done much mapping of images yet.  I
haven't really gotten the hang of sizing the images to better fit the
object, and I am sure LW has an easy way of doing it, but I've been
concentrating on the modeling aspects so far.
If you would be so kind, please give me some advice. :)
Thanx again for the shareing of knowledge.
Sincerly,
Prefect

--

        .0$$$$$0.  .e*'  http://www.novagate.com/~defiant/
     .,.O$$$$$$$O*''     Defiant's SciFi Anomaly now showing!

IFF images on a PC

Post by Maria Ana Montal » Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:00:00

>I would like to start by saying that since subscribing to this news group
>two weeks ago that I have learned to better utilize Lightwave, and I really
>appreciate the information you more experienced Wavers are taking the time
>to share. :)
>The question I have is, How to make IFF images.
>I have a PC running Win95 and NT.  My primary 2d graphic editor is
>Photoshop 4, but it hasn't given me the oportunity to save anything in IFF
>so that I may use them as surfaces.
>Is there a plugin or another program better for this task?  Will Lightwave

Your Photoshop 4 disk has an IFF plugin -- you just need to move it to
your photoshop plugin directory.

Maria

IFF images on a PC

Post by Jef » Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I have a PC running Win95 and NT.  My primary 2d graphic editor is
>Photoshop 4, but it hasn't given me the oportunity to save anything in IFF
>so that I may use them as surfaces.

Actually Photoshop 4 does support IFF load/save.  There is a plugin
on the CD in the 'goodies' directory for HAM and non-HAM IFF.

Just copy these plugins to your normal plug-in directory and you're
all set.

They used to be installed by default on Photoshop 3.x, I don't know
why they aren't installed by default on 4.0...

Jeff

IFF images on a PC

Post by J. Eric Char » Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> The question I have is, How to make IFF images.
> I have a PC running Win95 and NT.  My primary 2d graphic editor is
> Photoshop 4, but it hasn't given me the oportunity to save anything in IFF
> so that I may use them as surfaces.

        Once again, the PS4 IFF loader/saver is in the GOODIES drawer on the
CD.

Quote:> Is there a plugin or another program better for this task?  Will Lightwave
> 5.0c accept another format?

        LW will accept TGA and IFF without plugins.

**    Shooter, Gaffer, Animator for the End of the Millenium          **
*************************** Seattle  ***********************************

IFF images on a PC

Post by Brad Bowma » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

LW should accept all sort of formats. Load the HIIP plug-ins. If you really
need to have IFF just convert it using a shareware program called alchemy.
LW also accepts TGA natively.
--
Brad Bowman
Digital Artist

> I would like to start by saying that since subscribing to this news group
> two weeks ago that I have learned to better utilize Lightwave, and I
really
> appreciate the information you more experienced Wavers are taking the
time
> to share. :)
> The question I have is, How to make IFF images.
> I have a PC running Win95 and NT.  My primary 2d graphic editor is
> Photoshop 4, but it hasn't given me the oportunity to save anything in
IFF
> so that I may use them as surfaces.
> Is there a plugin or another program better for this task?  Will
Lightwave
> 5.0c accept another format?  I haven't done much mapping of images yet.
> haven't really gotten the hang of sizing the images to better fit the
> object, and I am sure LW has an easy way of doing it, but I've been
> concentrating on the modeling aspects so far.
> If you would be so kind, please give me some advice. :)
> Thanx again for the shareing of knowledge.
> Sincerly,
> Prefect

> --

>         .0$$$$$0.  .e*'  http://www.novagate.com/~defiant/
>      .,.O$$$$$$$O*''     Defiant's SciFi Anomaly now showing!
>     0*  :*$$$$$*'        "If all else fails, try adjusting the
>    '0$#*"''***'          "Plasma Relays with a Tachian Beam."

IFF images on a PC

Post by Jean-Eric Henaul » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Perhaps it's because they think the Amiga is dead... Actually, the Amiga
isn't dead, actually, it lives with Elvis... ;-)

Jean-Eric

Quote:> They used to be installed by default on Photoshop 3.x, I don't know
> why they aren't installed by default on 4.0...

> Jeff

IFF images on a PC

Post by Barry O'Neil » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I would like to start by saying that since subscribing to this news group
> two weeks ago that I have learned to better utilize Lightwave, and I
really
> appreciate the information you more experienced Wavers are taking the
time
> to share. :)
> The question I have is, How to make IFF images.

Paintshop Pro converts most formats to most other formats - certainly IFF.
It's shareware too, but don't be put off - version 4 outclasses much boxed
stuff IMHO.  Well worth the registration fee.

Barry
(No connection with JASC, just a satisfied user)

IFF images on a PC

Post by Phaedru » Sat, 22 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> > I would like to start by saying that since subscribing to this news group
> > two weeks ago that I have learned to better utilize Lightwave, and I
> really
> > appreciate the information you more experienced Wavers are taking the
> time
> > to share. :)
> > The question I have is, How to make IFF images.

> Paintshop Pro converts most formats to most other formats - certainly IFF.
> It's shareware too, but don't be put off - version 4 outclasses much boxed
> stuff IMHO.  Well worth the registration fee.

> Barry
> (No connection with JASC, just a satisfied user)

Adobe Photoshop deals with Amiga IFF's much better than PaintShop,
I use Photoshop to export from P.C lightwave .iff's to my Amiga
for AdPro to do them justice! (F*#k .avi)
feel free to contact me!
Phaedrus