LW 8 release date?

Post by badllarm » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 00:58:46

Hi all I was wondering is there an actal release date for Lightwave 8 yet? I
know it's to be shown at Siggraph so will this be it's offical release?  I'm
sure I read some where although prviewed at Siggraph it will not be release
to the end of 2003?

Just want to get it straight as to when I'll be able to down load it tehe,
already paid for my update BTW :-))

andy

LW 8 release date?

Post by RJ Forbe » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 09:06:59

I hear ya,  I just got my copy of DF+4 in today..I wonder if 8 will be able
to export to ILM's EXR format so DF can really shine with LW..

Quote:> Hi all I was wondering is there an actal release date for Lightwave 8 yet?
> know it's to be shown at Siggraph so will this be it's offical release?
I'm
> sure I read some where although prviewed at Siggraph it will not be
release
> to the end of 2003?

> Just want to get it straight as to when I'll be able to down load it tehe,
> already paid for my update BTW :-))

> andy

LW 8 release date?

Post by js33 » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 09:36:10

Well since the version of DF that you get is only 8-bit I don't
think the EXR format (HDRI capable) will do you any good.

Cheers,
JS

> I hear ya,  I just got my copy of DF+4 in today..I wonder if 8 will be
able
> to export to ILM's EXR format so DF can really shine with LW..

> > Hi all I was wondering is there an actal release date for Lightwave 8
yet?
> > know it's to be shown at Siggraph so will this be it's offical release?
> I'm
> > sure I read some where although prviewed at Siggraph it will not be
> release
> > to the end of 2003?

> > Just want to get it straight as to when I'll be able to down load it
tehe,
> > already paid for my update BTW :-))

> > andy

LW 8 release date?

Post by RJ Forbe » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 22:25:10

It still allows you to import/export EXR though,  I wonder what you can do
still with it imported??  I'll have to try..  even still, you could run it
threw LW to use its Full Precision tools, then access the rest of the extras
threw DF. At any rate, I'm happy enough with being able to use rla's
properly now and not having after effects "freak out" with the z buffer
values.

> Well since the version of DF that you get is only 8-bit I don't
> think the EXR format (HDRI capable) will do you any good.

> Cheers,
> JS

> > I hear ya,  I just got my copy of DF+4 in today..I wonder if 8 will be
> able
> > to export to ILM's EXR format so DF can really shine with LW..

> > > Hi all I was wondering is there an actal release date for Lightwave 8
> yet?
> > > know it's to be shown at Siggraph so will this be it's offical
release?
> > I'm
> > > sure I read some where although prviewed at Siggraph it will not be
> > release
> > > to the end of 2003?

> > > Just want to get it straight as to when I'll be able to down load it
> tehe,
> > > already paid for my update BTW :-))

> > > andy

LW 8 release date?

Post by RJ Forbe » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 22:41:17

No,, yur right, that is kindof useless ehh....  for some reason I thought
the EXR format was a mix between HDR and and RLA type info...