1. Cubic Bezier curves: offsets, splitting, length?
I'm looking for solutions or at least good references on the following
problems concerning cubic Bezier curves in two dimensions:
1) Finding an offset curve, at a given distance, from a piecewise
cubic Bezier. (I realize the components of the offset won't have a
1-1 correspondence with the components of the original curve, but
that's not a problem for me.) Ultimately, I have to be able to
generate the offset without internal loops, etc.
2) Find the intersection of a Bezier and an upright rectangle. I am
currently doing this by polygonizing the Bezier and testing each
edge, but I thought there might be a faster way by doing it
3) Finding the length of a Bezier.
4) Finding the closest point on a Bezier to a given point.
5) Splitting a Bezier into two curves at some point.
Any recommendations, references, working code, etc. will be *greatly*
appreciated. I have some papers from years ago, but some of these are
too abstruse for me, and there may be newer information out there.
I've checked the Graphics Gems series, but it doesn't offer any
solutions for most of the above problems, and they're getting pretty
old now also.
Thanks very much,
Funny stuff at http://www.pfdstudio.com
The artwork formerly shown as prints
List of resources for children's writers and illustrators at:
2. ftp.gwu.edu back up
3. Offsetting Curve Approximation
4. pick tools
5. Offsetting Bezier Curves
6. Convert From/To GIF file.
7. Curve offset algorithm
8. C routines for .FLI/.FLC
9. need Curve offset in 2D
10. Offset plane curves
11. Need Reference to Self Intersections in Offset curves
12. Polygon or curve offset
13. Curved Motion Blur