Problem with Superconfig

Post by Roberto Orti » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

THE PROBLEM:
I have been trying, to no avail, to run Superconfig.exe program
 to set up the files the LW5.6c patch on a Win 95 system.

When the process is done the following message appears:

        "An error. Please Check Log"

And when I check the supercfg.log files says at the end:

  "Searching config file for existing ('known') plugins
 error: unable to process specified lightwave config file
 *** Add plugin processing complete ***"

Of course and Layout and Modeller come up without any plug-ins

Thanks in advance

Roberto

Problem with Superconfig

Post by Roger Cotto » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

There are two subtle things you may not have done before running
SuperConfigurator:

In the first text input line (Config File:), make sure you type in:
\programs      between \newtek and \lw.cfg

Also, Click on the gold-colored button labeled Purge Option (toggle):
Disabled. This will Enabled it.

Assuming lightwave is installed in your C drive, clicking on Continue should
do the trick. Once the plugins have been found and installed, hit the ESC
key to close out of SuperConfigurator.

Digilusionist

> THE PROBLEM:
> I have been trying, to no avail, to run Superconfig.exe program
>  to set up the files the LW5.6c patch on a Win 95 system.

> When the process is done the following message appears:

>         "An error. Please Check Log"

> And when I check the supercfg.log files says at the end:

>   "Searching config file for existing ('known') plugins
>  error: unable to process specified lightwave config file
>  *** Add plugin processing complete ***"

> Of course and Layout and Modeller come up without any plug-ins

> Thanks in advance

> Roberto

Problem with Superconfig

Post by Roberto Orti » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for answering so fast...

I tried that same approach but to no avail.
Aparently the Superconfig program is having
problem opening the LW.CFG file.

Any ideas?
PS All of this started when I tried to instal the LW 5.6C patch.

>There are two subtle things you may not have done before running
>SuperConfigurator:

>In the first text input line (Config File:), make sure you type in:
>\programs      between \newtek and \lw.cfg

>Also, Click on the gold-colored button labeled Purge Option (toggle):
>Disabled. This will Enabled it.

>Assuming lightwave is installed in your C drive, clicking on Continue
should
>do the trick. Once the plugins have been found and installed, hit the ESC
>key to close out of SuperConfigurator.

>Digilusionist

>> THE PROBLEM:
>> I have been trying, to no avail, to run Superconfig.exe program
>>  to set up the files the LW5.6c patch on a Win 95 system.

>> When the process is done the following message appears:

>>         "An error. Please Check Log"

>> And when I check the supercfg.log files says at the end:

>>   "Searching config file for existing ('known') plugins
>>  error: unable to process specified lightwave config file
>>  *** Add plugin processing complete ***"

>> Of course and Layout and Modeller come up without any plug-ins

>> Thanks in advance

>> Roberto

Problem with Superconfig

Post by Roger Cotto » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Oh,one other thing I forgot to add which you may or may not have done
already:

Copy SuperConfigurator from the Newtek\Utilities folder and paste it in your
Newtek\Programs folder.

Aside from the things I brought up, I'm stumped.

Digilusionist

Quote:> Thanks for answering so fast...

> I tried that same approach but to no avail.
> Aparently the Superconfig program is having
> problem opening the LW.CFG file.

> Any ideas?
> PS All of this started when I tried to instal the LW 5.6C patch.

Problem with Superconfig

Post by Phil Stopfor » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

SuperConfig also has problems with LW installations in \program files\,
which came apparent on a colleague's system here.

Furthermore, for reasons which have yet to be explained, nested folders
of the type:

plugins
       \layout
              \<plugin name>

do not work - the addition process is not recursive. You need to have
everything in \newtek\plugins\layout or \newtek\plugins\modeler for
superconfig to even begin to work correctly.

Personally, I wouldn't trust it and would add things by hand. At least
that way you know you haven't missed anything.

--
This line intentionally left blank.

Leaf Productions.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Problem with Superconfig

Post by Eileen » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I had a problem like that once. Superconfig was accessing my plugins dir on
C:\newted\plugins, but I have LW installed on drive D, do I just changed the
second section on SuperConfig to D:\newtek\plugins and it worked fine. Hope
yours is as simple.

 Eileen Davidson
"Never Deal w/a Dragon and Never trust an Elf"

Problem with Superconfig

Post by Mark Dunaki » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Something else that might help, but I'm not for sure. Is to go in and
delete the config file itself before doing any of the super-config setup.
Sometimes this needs to happen.
Let us know what works for you...................md : )

--
Check out my Tutorials:

MD arts
Mark Dunakin

http://www.tmisnet.com/~md/

"When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like Grandpa did,
not screaming like the passengers in his car."

1. Superconfig?

I  have just upgraded to 5.6A and I have been having a few problems with some
of the plug-ins.  I seem to rember a posting about using Superconfig to fix
this; however, since my brain seems to leak out more information than retain I
am not sure this is correct.  Could any one clue me in on the best way to fix
this problem. Should I run the Superconfig program? Thanks in advance.

2. Brown eyes to blue

3. Help SuperConfig

4. 2nd function plot?

5. Where's SuperConfig ???

6. I find it funny...

7. SuperConfig

8. Sound tracing

9. Solution to SuperConfig not closing.

10. SuperConfig! ....what is it?

11. SuperConfig & Commen Plugins????

12. Problems..Problems..Problems

13. UDO importation problem/POV-ray rendering problem?