Plugins with Win 95 and Win NT?

Post by brad prosis » Fri, 20 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Last night while diddling with my personal copy of LW 4 Final
at home I decided to load the plugins. My sestem is a P90 with
16  megs of ram and 2 500 meg HDs. On one HD I am running Win95
and various other home type sofware. On the slave drive I have
winNT and LW only. The system boots to the NT selection screen
and when you select MS dos it goes to W95. I ahve added LW and
modeler to the W95 task bar so I can use use it in either
environment.
 I installed the plugins through w95 from the cd rom and the
few I tested worked except the Known AVI problem in W95. So I
decided to see if the AVi plugin worked in NT. Upon loading LW
NT I discovered the NT version didnt see any of the plugins
installed while under 95 (On the same HD). So I reinstalled
them under NT from a copy I made on my C: drive. None of the
layout plugins worked, some wouldnt add and pinello gave me and
ERROR 2 message. Most of the modeller plugins worked but some
would not show up on the options screen. Now here is the REALLY
 weird part. When the system has been rebooted NONE of the
plugins are there. THey have to be installed again. I know I
working in a strange situation here but I know others are dual
booting systems and they work fine. Any help would be
apreciated.
Brad prosise