Particle replacement help please

Post by nospamarti.. » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 03:54:53

Hello,
I was trying to follow a tutorial where a particle system was created,
and then the particles were replaced with 100 different small objects.
Very cool!  BUT, the tutorial used particle storm.  I have LW 6.5 and
I guess that ps no longer works, and has been replaced with a built in
system.
Can anyone guide me in creating this effect?  I'd appreciate it!

Particle replacement help please

Post by Arthur Ra » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 04:41:53

Unfortunately it is a lot harder to do with ParticleFX.  And doesn't work
as well.  Go to FXLinker and load assign the particles to objects there.
The problem is, it's a one shot deal.  You are stuck with the results.
One other way to do this is to activate hypervoxels and enable sprite
mode.  You can load in images.  May or may not work for what you are
doing.

AR

> Hello,
> I was trying to follow a tutorial where a particle system was created,
> and then the particles were replaced with 100 different small objects.
> Very cool!  BUT, the tutorial used particle storm.  I have LW 6.5 and
> I guess that ps no longer works, and has been replaced with a built in
> system.
> Can anyone guide me in creating this effect?  I'd appreciate it!

Particle replacement help please

Post by nospamarti.. » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:46:38

Hi Arthur,
Thanks for the help.  You're right, certainly not as easy as it looks
with Particle Storm in the tutorial!
Greg

>Unfortunately it is a lot harder to do with ParticleFX.  And doesn't work
>as well.  Go to FXLinker and load assign the particles to objects there.
>The problem is, it's a one shot deal.  You are stuck with the results.
>One other way to do this is to activate hypervoxels and enable sprite
>mode.  You can load in images.  May or may not work for what you are
>doing.

>AR

>> Hello,
>> I was trying to follow a tutorial where a particle system was created,
>> and then the particles were replaced with 100 different small objects.
>> Very cool!  BUT, the tutorial used particle storm.  I have LW 6.5 and
>> I guess that ps no longer works, and has been replaced with a built in
>> system.
>> Can anyone guide me in creating this effect?  I'd appreciate it!

Particle replacement help please

Post by Erwin Sartor » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 00:22:46

Quote:> Hello,
> I was trying to follow a tutorial where a particle system was created,
> and then the particles were replaced with 100 different small objects.
> Very cool!  BUT, the tutorial used particle storm.  I have LW 6.5 and
> I guess that ps no longer works, and has been replaced with a built in
> system.
> Can anyone guide me in creating this effect?  I'd appreciate it!

Hi

Instal the plugin psplay.p  from  ftp://ftp.dynamic-realities.com/PStorm/
Then can LW6.5 handling the tutorial.
Erwin

Particle replacement help please

Post by Eric C » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 01:31:45

    I don't think he HAS PStorm, just PFX.

> > Hello,
> > I was trying to follow a tutorial where a particle system was created,
> > and then the particles were replaced with 100 different small objects.
> > Very cool!  BUT, the tutorial used particle storm.  I have LW 6.5 and
> > I guess that ps no longer works, and has been replaced with a built in
> > system.
> > Can anyone guide me in creating this effect?  I'd appreciate it!

> Hi

> Instal the plugin psplay.p  from  ftp://ftp.dynamic-realities.com/PStorm/
> Then can LW6.5 handling the tutorial.
> Erwin

Particle replacement help please

Post by nospamarti.. » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 06:35:50

All I have is the PS lite that is in the plugins-old folder.  Doesn't
seem to work with 6.5
Thanks for all help anyhow. :)

>    I don't think he HAS PStorm, just PFX.

>> > Hello,
>> > I was trying to follow a tutorial where a particle system was created,
>> > and then the particles were replaced with 100 different small objects.
>> > Very cool!  BUT, the tutorial used particle storm.  I have LW 6.5 and
>> > I guess that ps no longer works, and has been replaced with a built in
>> > system.
>> > Can anyone guide me in creating this effect?  I'd appreciate it!

>> Hi

>> Instal the plugin psplay.p  from  ftp://ftp.dynamic-realities.com/PStorm/
>> Then can LW6.5 handling the tutorial.
>> Erwin

Particle replacement help please

Post by bodegab » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:49:30

jetstream looks good.
faster at obj replacement than fx, i like it.

also allows sub object rotation..

which i cant get FX to do, unless i'm missing something basic [in fx,  i can
only get the initial rotation random, not a rotation thru time of each
individual obj]

and has some funky effects like stars or foggy blobby things, takes some
fiddling but seems good.

anyone got some english docs for it???

i dont know any japanese unfortunately