Shave and a Haircut or Susquatch for nature?

Shave and a Haircut or Susquatch for nature?

Post by SelRecor » Mon, 02 Apr 2001 09:52:38

I am planning several animations that I will create this summer. At least three
of them require fields, trees, weeds, bull rushes etc.

I was totally knocked sideways when I saw Susquatch at a friends house
recently. The price however is totally out of my reach at the moment. Would I
be wise to S&H for now, will this weed up my digital garden okay and is the
render speed slower than Susquatch?

Also, who does S&H? URL please?

Post by GrimRepoMa » Mon, 02 Apr 2001 10:11:16

> Also, who does S&H? URL please?

Joe Alter makes S&H...
http://www.joealter.com/
You can also find out more at the lipservice yahoo e-group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lipservice

Christian
--
http://www.3dluvr.com/chrigi

Shave and a Haircut or Susquatch for nature?

Post by Eric S » Mon, 02 Apr 2001 11:01:42

Definitely shoot for Shave...Soon it will have instancing where you can have
the 'hairs' replaced with objects that resize and deform with the shape of
the 'hairs'.  Imagine a tree where the 'hairs' define the placement of
leaves...and the leaves are replaced with a single leaf object that gets
scaled and deformed to replace those hairs...cool stuff coming down the
line. :)

-- Eric S.

Quote:> I am planning several animations that I will create this summer. At least