hypervoxel illumination ?

Post by Gareth Ja » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 00:38:33

I'm doing some experiments vith HV (yes, i'm always tinkering ;). Suddendly
i decided to insert an object (a text logo). I lowered the lights because i
was wondering if the HV can illuminate the object.

They does not, even with radiosity active. Why ?

The luminosity has been set to 300%!

--
Gareth Jax
Ihgger #7*3*2

hypervoxel illumination ?

Post by CWCunningha » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 01:50:15

Quote:> was wondering if the HV can illuminate the object.

> They does not, even with radiosity active. Why ?

> The luminosity has been set to 300%!

I suspect it's because they are added to the image *After* the polygons are
rendered, sort of a post process thing. So the logo is rendered before the
300% luminous HV's hit the scene.

--
CWC
=========================

hypervoxel illumination ?

Post by Howar » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 07:21:35

HVs do work with radiosity! Ive done it before...with sprites...ill
look up the scene when i get home.
Upload your scene somewhere i can look at it.

> > was wondering if the HV can illuminate the object.

> > They does not, even with radiosity active. Why ?

> > The luminosity has been set to 300%!

> I suspect it's because they are added to the image *After* the polygons are
> rendered, sort of a post process thing. So the logo is rendered before the
> 300% luminous HV's hit the scene.

hypervoxel illumination ?

Post by Will » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 12:55:46

Quote:>I'm doing some experiments vith HV (yes, i'm always tinkering ;). Suddendly
>i decided to insert an object (a text logo). I lowered the lights because i
>was wondering if the HV can illuminate the object.

If nothing else, they do show up in reflections.  May not be exactly what you
are looking for, but it may get you close to the look you are after.
------------------
Woooogy
I have to go back in time to pretend to be myself when I tell myself to tell
myself, because I don't remember having been told by myself to tell myself.  I
love temp*mechanics.

hypervoxel illumination ?

Post by Gareth Ja » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 16:37:42

Quote:> HVs do work with radiosity! Ive done it before...with sprites...ill
> look up the scene when i get home.
> Upload your scene somewhere i can look at it.

here!
http://www.garethjax.net/disegni/fireworks.zip

--
Gareth Jax
Ihgger #7*3*2
Indegno Neurone della Mente alveare
Big Bad of Con-Fu Fighting

hypervoxel illumination ?

Post by phaedru » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 18:05:08

you needed to up the luminosity, I put it at 3000% & it worked..
(except your voxels are white now...very luminous)
I posted a pic in the binaries group.
hth
phaedrus

Quote:> >I'm doing some experiments vith HV (yes, i'm always tinkering ;).
Suddendly
> >i decided to insert an object (a text logo). I lowered the lights because
> >was wondering if the HV can illuminate the object.

> If nothing else, they do show up in reflections.  May not be exactly what
you
> are looking for, but it may get you close to the look you are after.
> ------------------
> Woooogy
> I have to go back in time to pretend to be myself when I tell myself to
tell
> myself, because I don't remember having been told by myself to tell
myself.  I
> love temp*mechanics.

hypervoxel illumination ?

Post by Gareth Ja » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 21:48:20

Quote:> you needed to up the luminosity, I put it at 3000% & it worked..
> (except your voxels are white now...very luminous)
> I posted a pic in the binaries group.

You are right, it does work, except that the colors of the voxels have been
washed away :)